Starpery.com

Gimme head! No, really, I want your head

Got an idea? Need an invention?
Dollyman25442
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Gimme head! No, really, I want your head

Post by Dollyman25442 »

Decided the plate in the back of the aperture was not only unnecessary but actually a liability.
I glass epoxied the plate in front only so as to lend support when up and down movement occurs during penetration. We actually WANT the back of the aperture to move up and down when penetrated withdrawn, penetrated, withdrawn, etc.
I think all that remains is to epoxy the skull halves back together and put the face back on.
P1010043.JPG
P1010043.JPG (1.76 MiB) Viewed 3416 times

avante
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by avante »

Seems like you are making quite some head way! Really nice with all the pics and accompanying text.

Would love to see the final result. But doing this myself...I don't really see me do it, maybe in the future. Would be great, and basically 'logical' for some manufacturers to include similar mouth setup in coming head build.

After all, the heads are so beautiful, who wouldn't love a BJ of them...only thing is, the actual thing must be quite disappointing for most doll owners...because for me, it is just hard 'not to see' / ignore the head deformation during BJ...I always feel like I am "mouth-raping" her, which is making it often quite hard to enjoy a BJ actually...really only when I not see her face can I enjoy it. Considering development, it is really awe full after all these years, heads still are not made like this. They might at this point as well remove the "oral capability" note all together...since really heads are not in the current build. So yeah, props to you for doing this, and I do hope some manu pics up on this too!
New in: IT 164+ the curves are real: viewtopic.php?p=2475683#p2475683
My doll experience : WM 158D tales & pics: viewtopic.php?f=215&t=85063&start=465

Dollyman25442
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Dollyman25442 »

Well crap.
I finished glassing in the support and to my dismay, the modified aperture isn't allowing enough "give" for me to think it's going to make a significant change in performance.
New idea!
Remove the support and extend the cuts to totally free the lower section and install a piano hinge. The lower section would then rest on the top part (inside the skull) of the female end of the head attaching point. This would make for a significant angle change and allow enough "give" to allow for expansion upon insertion. It's really not much more work (still staying simple)
See video here-
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dsuzQ ... RBwa-oUCth

Maxwedge

Post by Maxwedge »

I like where you're going with this now. With the hinged floor design though, is there risk of getting pinched or "bitten" between the hard mouth-shell halves? I ask this not knowing how thick the TPE canal walls are. You could also wrap the "split" fiberglass canal shell in duct tape (cheap) or fiberglass (more involved) for a permanently open, and fully contained enclosure for the TPE canal to move in.

I am VERY interested in trying this myself, but just how tricky was it removing the TPE? Does it peel off cleanly or was there tearing/peeling at glue points?
Aiko 60
Aiko 63 (×2)
Aiko 82
Dollhouse168 80cm
CLM J55
CLM J58 BBW
CLM J60P
CLM 72cm BBW Maria
CLM 100cm D cup Una Kane (w/ Una Carha head)
WM 039 Head
WM 355 Elf Head
WM 432 Head w/ ROS option (disappointing)
WM 100cm D cup Carmelita
WM M cup Torso
Piperdoll 75cm Ariel Torso
Piperdoll 75cm Akira Torso
Piperdoll 80cm Phoebe Elf TPE
Piperdoll 100cm Iris
MRL Torso (small w/penetratable nipples)
MF Easy Move Eyes

Maxwedge

Post by Maxwedge »

Whoa Nelly, I just looked at the thread "The issue with oral capable heads" http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... 27&t=76701 and saw this -
"Possibly not safe - Inspection of oral-capable heads with the common design has shown that these oral canals seem to be not sealed at the end. It's an open tube, with a fiber glass core at the end. This applies to Jinshan (WM/YL/OR) and ZO. So far, I did not inspect the bottom end of other manufacturers canals."

Is this how your test subject's TPE oral cavity is made? I love the idea you are working on, but if most of these heads your talking about improving have this open TPE throat tube design your mod will give a passage way for DNA and the resulting bacterial sludge to get into the skull where it cannot be easily cleaned from.

Still love where you're going, but the throat needs to be sealed to use the improved head safely.
Aiko 60
Aiko 63 (×2)
Aiko 82
Dollhouse168 80cm
CLM J55
CLM J58 BBW
CLM J60P
CLM 72cm BBW Maria
WM 039 Head
WM 355 Elf Head
WM 100cm D cup Carmelita
WM M cup Torso
Piperdoll 100cm Iris
MF Easy Move Eyes

Dollyman25442
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Dollyman25442 »

Maxwedge wrote:Whoa Nelly, I just looked at the thread "The issue with oral capable heads" http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... 27&t=76701 and saw this -
"Possibly not safe - Inspection of oral-capable heads with the common design has shown that these oral canals seem to be not sealed at the end. It's an open tube, with a fiber glass core at the end. This applies to Jinshan (WM/YL/OR) and ZO. So far, I did not inspect the bottom end of other manufacturers canals."

Is this how your test subject's TPE oral cavity is made? I love the idea you are working on, but if most of these heads your talking about improving have this open TPE throat tube design your mod will give a passage way for DNA and the resulting bacterial sludge to get into the skull where it cannot be easily cleaned from.

Still love where you're going, but the throat needs to be sealed to use the improved head safely.

The WM I'm working on is (or was) sealed both the skull and the tpe oral (and the tpe oral cavity will remain sealed) cavity. Fluids can't get behind the tpe and the tpe itself is quite thick. No one's going to get nicked once the skull is modified. We're simply making the opening bigger and angled properly. The skull doesn't actually need to be sealed up. So long as the facial support integrity is still there (and it will be) all will be fine.
Addendum- I'm leaving the lower section in because the oral tpe cavity needs some kind of support but there's really no need I can see for the skull aperture to be sealed back up. In fact, NOT having it sealed is rather important I think. This will allow for expansion when filled (more comfortable) and hopefully prevent the bulging eye syndrome.

Dollyman25442
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Dollyman25442 »

Maxwedge wrote:I like where you're going with this now. With the hinged floor design though, is there risk of getting pinched or "bitten" between the hard mouth-shell halves? I ask this not knowing how thick the TPE canal walls are. You could also wrap the "split" fiberglass canal shell in duct tape (cheap) or fiberglass (more involved) for a permanently open, and fully contained enclosure for the TPE canal to move in.

I am VERY interested in trying this myself, but just how tricky was it removing the TPE? Does it peel off cleanly or was there tearing/peeling at glue points?
The canal walls are robust. No one's going to get pinched.
The face peels away from the skull quite easily and cleanly with no tools at all. Took me all of 60 seconds.

Maxwedge

Post by Maxwedge »

Dollyman25442 wrote: The WM I'm working on is (or was) sealed both the skull and the tpe oral (and the tpe oral cavity will remain sealed) cavity. Fluids can't get behind the tpe...
:) Thank you, don't want any harmful bacteria.

...and the tpe itself is quite thick. No one's going to get nicked once the skull is modified.
:) Excellent - no biting.

In fact, NOT having it sealed is rather important I think. This will allow for expansion when filled (more comfortable) and hopefully prevent the bulging eye syndrome.
:D :D Excelent all around!
Aiko 60
Aiko 63 (×2)
Aiko 82
Dollhouse168 80cm
CLM J55
CLM J58 BBW
CLM J60P
CLM 72cm BBW Maria
WM 039 Head
WM 355 Elf Head
WM 100cm D cup Carmelita
WM M cup Torso
Piperdoll 100cm Iris
MF Easy Move Eyes

HardMan66
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by HardMan66 »

Great work on this project.

Just an idea to throw out there...

What about utilizing a series of coil springs??

Something like these:

https://www.sharpteksupply.com/index.ph ... gJXAvD_BwE

Higher tension springs toward the rear (throat), and lower tension springs near the front (mouth).

That may actually simulate how a real jaw works...

I know that your trying to keep this simple, but this could still be fairly simple with the springs..

Dollyman25442
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Dollyman25442 »

HardMan66 wrote:Great work on this project.

Just an idea to throw out there...

What about utilizing a series of coil springs??

Something like these:

https://www.sharpteksupply.com/index.ph ... gJXAvD_BwE

Higher tension springs toward the rear (throat), and lower tension springs near the front (mouth).

That may actually simulate how a real jaw works...

I know that your trying to keep this simple, but this could still be fairly simple with the springs..
I had thought of this for a more complicated mod (for the back of the jaw) but thought I'd try this simple method first, have some tests run and then conclude if the simple mod was enough to make a significant change.
Excellant thought friend :-)

hapnnow
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by hapnnow »

have you considered printing a skull instead of cutting an existing one?I’m in the very early process or thinking stage of 3D printing a skull with some jointed options for the jaw. Also figure why not lose some of the solid cavity of the skull for wires springs etc.

Babel99
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Babel99 »

This project is really taking shape! I will follow that thing closely! Would you be the first man who will finally achieve what everyone wants and that the manufacturers are ignoring for years ! ;)
Jael - (YL 148) viewtopic.php?f=212&t=73333

Miriame - (SM 136) viewtopic.php?f=269&t=102115

Beth - (SM 157G) viewtopic.php?f=269&t=149637

Brooke - (Starpery 148F) viewtopic.php?t=175783

Dollyman25442
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Dollyman25442 »

Sorry it's been awhile. Life getting in the way of my doll project :-(
I did manage to make headway (pun?) on the aperture mod.
See the vid here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/14x6LWT ... sp=sharing
I should have this finished up very soon and I'll update this thread when I do :-)

Dollyman25442
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Dollyman25442 »

Finishing up the skull. Soon too re-install the face and ship back to owner for testing.
As you can see, the aperture is now MUCH larger and the angle has been dramatically changed. Let's hope this mod works, eh?
P1010086.JPG
P1010086.JPG (1.89 MiB) Viewed 3097 times

Babel99
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Babel99 »

Dollyman25442 wrote:Finishing up the skull. Soon too re-install the face and ship back to owner for testing.
As you can see, the aperture is now MUCH larger and the angle has been dramatically changed. Let's hope this mod works, eh?
P1010086.JPG
Good news! Please post some pictures of the final result! Mouth opened and close! Cant wait to see this! :)
Jael - (YL 148) viewtopic.php?f=212&t=73333

Miriame - (SM 136) viewtopic.php?f=269&t=102115

Beth - (SM 157G) viewtopic.php?f=269&t=149637

Brooke - (Starpery 148F) viewtopic.php?t=175783

INFORMATIONS