Post by BigBurrito »

Amazon doesn't
use paypal, why i use Ebay

Strider
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Getting "Ahead" WM head movable jaw mod

Post by Strider »

Hi. Could I ask what you used to attach the skin back on the skull?

BigBurrito

Post by BigBurrito »

Strider wrote:Hi. Could I ask what you used to attach the skin back on the skull?
I haven't yet, the skin stays in place real well, cuz i frequently remove it to make servo adjustments and add other controls, ie eye movement and adding other anamatronic devices

Strider
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Strider »

Ok. Thanks for the info!

Maecer

Post by Maecer »

BigBurrito wrote:Waiting fr this, the washer pump has no suckson, but this does, got 2 ordered
https://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-5V-12V-6V-9 ... 2749.l2649
Peristatic pump. One side connects to your alcohol bag, the other to your orifice. There are a variety of sizes and pump powers. Self priming, not complicated
We are truly in an age of doll expansion. Sure it's the wild west, with each manufacturer trying to out do one another and society still poo-pooing dolls, but eventually, the age will mature, order will be found and one day we can bring out ladies anywhere.

BigBurrito

Post by BigBurrito »

I have the pump installed with suction, the other problem is that the lube tends to solidify in the lines, so a constant chore to flush out the whole system

Maecer

Post by Maecer »

BigBurrito wrote:I have the pump installed with suction, the other problem is that the lube tends to solidify in the lines, so a constant chore to flush out the whole system
Add a small heating coil of some sort. Not to hot to burn your junk or anything, but just warm enough to keep the lube liquid and moving. Be careful about how you operate that though
We are truly in an age of doll expansion. Sure it's the wild west, with each manufacturer trying to out do one another and society still poo-pooing dolls, but eventually, the age will mature, order will be found and one day we can bring out ladies anywhere.

BigBurrito

Post by BigBurrito »

Maecer wrote:
BigBurrito wrote:I have the pump installed with suction, the other problem is that the lube tends to solidify in the lines, so a constant chore to flush out the whole system
Add a small heating coil of some sort. Not to hot to burn your junk or anything, but just warm enough to keep the lube liquid and moving. Be careful about how you operate that though
Got a USB heater that i may try

Maecer

Post by Maecer »

BigBurrito wrote:
Maecer wrote:
Got a USB heater that i may try
An idea came to me while I was sleeping. With these electronics running inside a "sealed container", a lot of heat will be generated. Could possibly run coolant/ liquid through tubing to take away heat. The heat could be transferred to your lube line, arms, legs, anywhere.

To remove more heat, you could create artificial lungs; your doll could breathe away the heat. Silicone/ plastic/ TPE balloons inside a vacuum, with a diaphragm to expand/ retract to have the lungs do the same. Would finally make nostrils functional on Dolls if you ran the inlet and outlet thorough the nose. Similar to human anatomy with the diaphragm setup. That would be sexy (Hot breathe on your neck), but difficult too. I get that would be super difficult, but I thought I'd share my thought.

BigBurrito

Post by BigBurrito »

I have thought of that, but having some type of check valve to allow inhale through the nose and exhale out the mouth making that sexy aaah sound. This is gonna be a very advanced progress, as deciding on the control board, that it be a NUC, or micro ATX platform, as will need the room inside the body

Maecer

Post by Maecer »

I responded to your post in this topic Facial movements without AI. Blinking eyes & mouth movement too.

Seeing your current setup, from the back of the head, there's no more room I could see for adding any more components. That's a really tight fit. Might I recommend this site:

https://www.robotshop.com/en/micro-line ... ators.html

They have small linear actuators that take up less space than those servo motors, and can connect to your existing linkages going to the eyes. Just a thought. And they have several other motor/ actuator types that you could use for moving your doll's mouth. Having a controller in the chest of your doll will be tough connecting your wires to the head.

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/13063
This slip ring provides your build the ability to rotate without your wires getting jacked up.

https://www.adafruit.com/product/736?gc ... fTEALw_wcB
6 wire version from Adafruit.

Google search for Arduino slip ring for other slip rings.

If you were thinking of adding blinking eyes, check this out.

https://softroboticstoolkit.com/book/ar ... exopatches

With modifications, this could be adapted to your doll head. Hit me up if you got other form and fit questions. I gotcha back if you need

mandrewanley
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by mandrewanley »

Really would like to see A video on the wm movable jaw mod cool stuff

BigBurrito

Post by BigBurrito »

Also been looking into using Flexinol muscle wire for finer face movements like the eyelids, mouth corners to smile eyebrow movement

BigBurrito

Post by BigBurrito »

I will test the head movement soon, been so busy with work on cars and shit, but promise to post a vid when i do

Maecer

Post by Maecer »

BigBurrito wrote:Also been looking into using Flexinol muscle wire for finer face movements like the eyelids, mouth corners to smile eyebrow movement
There's a time delay for Flexinol as you apply current through the wire; it's all about heating up that wire. Shaping for correct actuation can be tricky and many times I've had the wire break; they're pretty fragile. When I've had them working correctly on other projects, they worked well.

You can bind several together to amplify the lifting capacity.

INFORMATIONS