Starpery.com

TPE Nipples

Got an idea? Need an invention?
carver
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: TPE Nipples

Post by carver »

Hey zippy, thanks for the molding tutorial. Very well done. I would just like to add the importance of a concave back so they will lay flat on a curved breast, just in case you make some more. Also, a small hole or mortise in the center of the back would be good for nipple clearance too. The Jinsan factory should make nipples too!

Zippy81
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Zippy81 »

carver wrote:Hey zippy, thanks for the molding tutorial. Very well done. I would just like to add the importance of a concave back so they will lay flat on a curved breast, just in case you make some more. Also, a small hole or mortise in the center of the back would be good for nipple clearance too. The Jinsan factory should make nipples too!
true that carver! :) and you're welcome. The last picture in the comments was geared towards addressing the issue of how they allow the existing areola and nipple to fit underneath the created one but I didn't make it all that clear by just showing the back side of the puffy nipple rough sculpt. I need to do an example of how to do that I guess for further clarity. It's turning into a nipple party around here .. haha..

p.s. feel free to add your added suggestions on the post as well.

carver
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by carver »

Hi Zippy I was wondering about using an existing nipple as a mold for the back curve. This would involve making sure the new nipple is thick enough in the center to receive the back mold w/o pushing out on the new nipple from behind.

Zippy81
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Zippy81 »

carver wrote:Hi Zippy I was wondering about using an existing nipple as a mold for the back curve. This would involve making sure the new nipple is thick enough in the center to receive the back mold w/o pushing out on the new nipple from behind.
I updated the tutorial a bit. see if that answers your question at all. :) basically the jest of it is that you'd use thin roped bands of clay to slowly coil around your dolls nipple and areola area until the entire areola and nipple are covered. (by doing that the area that the existing nipple takes up is captured by the roped bands that are stacked on each other.) after you've captured the area. you would pour some silicone (or press clay) into that area which would result in an insert you can use to press into your casting. or you could measure your dolls nipple diameter and height (from areola to top of nipple) and measure the areola diameter and height from beast skin contact to top heighest point of areola area. then just sculpt a clay rough copy that fits those dimensions.

alternatively: you could also use some plastic wrap and wet (gray clay) place the plastic wrap on the nipple and basically plop clay on top in order to capture the area. you could then pour silicone or waxed base clay into that to create the "press"/ insert. you could also use plaster bandages instead of gray clay but be careful if its a tpe doll. some of those bandages produce a little heat so just be careful which brands you use..

hope that helps. :)

Zippy81
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Zippy81 »

the "back curvature" is created by the insert during the casting process. you just make sure that when you are sculpting the new nipple that goes over the existing one that the edges blend down onto the breast so that when you make your mold of the new nipple it will look well blended. :)
creating impression of existing surface.jpg

Zippy81
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Zippy81 »

Just make sure when you sculpt over the breast/ or your copy. you ensure the nipples line up. the best way to do that is to use the banding method shown here. the same method will apply for creating non puffy nipples. you just wouldn't build up a mound (height). You would just place a little bit of clay over the nipple in step two and place the new nipple on top. like in step 6 (this ensures your new nipple lines up.)
hope that helps with your question!
upgrading existing dolls with puffy nipples .jpg

carver
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by carver »

Hi Zippy, again great graphic art tutorial. Thanks much. I can add that doing this with TPE will require high temperature resistance of all components. Not sure what the temp. is of melted tpe but I have read it is high. I Don't remember.

ZZZZ
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by ZZZZ »

carver wrote:Hi Zippy, again great graphic art tutorial. Thanks much. I can add that doing this with TPE will require high temperature resistance of all components. Not sure what the temp. is of melted tpe but I have read it is high. I Don't remember.
320 to 482 °F
https://plastics.ulprospector.com/gener ... sing/sp/18

Zippy81
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Zippy81 »

Yea the tpe casting is the issue isnt it. there are high temp silicone molding materials such as this (565 degrees): https://www.amazon.com/Mold-High-Resist ... B00IZNNIU8 but I'm not sure how then I'm not sure how the tpe vs silicone battle would come into play.

INFORMATIONS