Starpery.com

Heating your doll with a heated storage case

Got an idea? Need an invention?
randyb100
Former Member

Heating your doll with a heated storage case

Post by randyb100 »

I noticed that a few companies ship dolls in flight boxes, which got me thinking why don't they just have heaters and temperature controllers in the boxes themselves?

So far I've only ever heated a WM doll with a heating blanket, and it really didn't turn out well unless I left it wrapped in it and stuffed in a sleeping bag for a few hours.

I made a similar swamp cooler contraption with a forced air fan and thought it'd work a lot better at whole-body heating than a blanket would.
heat box.png
heat box.png (629.13 KiB) Viewed 1036 times
I didn't skimp on the price in the Paintbrush mockup, with that setup running over $200. However, the forced air heaters can be had for as low as $30 on Amazon and some other rigged up unit even lower. The temperature controller I found is literally connected to an extension cord, and I found it on Ebay for $35. https://www.ebay.com/itm/322148885537?rmvSB=true

I'm sure someone could make this look more professional, such as with a heater mounted to the side of the box or something. I am kind of surprised there's no aftermarket product like this available.

I know this is a simple solution for heating, but I don't have the time or space to really hack into my doll. I'd put heating pads or something inside of it, or even some kind of tough inflatable bag with a pressure release valve and a vent tube to suck in and push out hot air so it'd both heat up the doll and simulate breathing at the same time.

INFORMATIONS