Starpery.com

Starting a code project to make my doll speak

Got an idea? Need an invention?
MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Re: Starting a code project to make my doll speak

Post by MannequinFan »

philpw99 wrote:This is the thing. I want a place in web that everyone can unload their profile zip files in it. Changing the extension is possible, but I don't really like the work-around. Really prefer a easy way for users.
It's super easy. Just change the extension and post as an attachment.
Others download it, change back to .zip and extract.
You could also create a folder on Google Drive. I think you can set varying levels of access to a folder and whether people can just view/download, or both upload/download. If you set a folder to be private, only those that are emailed a link can access it if that's what you are after.

Begog
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Begog »

OK. I went to that page and downloaded Doll002. Unzipped. However, Change profile says this feature is not yet enabled. Another look into the .zip file reveals the triggers/conversations, i.e. .json files all have the same name as the originals. If it HAD worked, wouldn't it have simply overwritten all those files, or would they land in a separate directory? Shouldn't they be "triggers1.json etc? Anyway, it didn't work but the app ain't broke. However, the same bugs still exist for now.

The reason I asked about loss of programming during upgrades, is because to upgrade the Harmony app, you must first uninstall the old version. Since Harmony is not programmable and lives in the cloud, all you are changing is the app itself. Your program appears to be contained within the device, so loss of data is possible if not upgraded properly.

philpw99

Post by philpw99 »

MannequinFan wrote: It's super easy. Just change the extension and post as an attachment.
Others download it, change back to .zip and extract.
You could also create a folder on Google Drive. I think you can set varying levels of access to a folder and whether people can just view/download, or both upload/download. If you set a folder to be private, only those that are emailed a link can access it if that's what you are after.
Well, of course it's easy for you, but manually changing names, extensions and back is not so easy for some people. I want to make it so easy that users just need to click on the profile, and it's done. The app will do the rest.

I do share all my files from google drive. But its access is complicated. I will see if I can find a simple storage server somewhere to host my files. The profiles are small now, only 5 to 20k, but I expect them to grow to over 100mb each in the future. I want everyone to be able to download those files without the hassle of google drive.
Begog wrote:OK. I went to that page and downloaded Doll002. Unzipped. However, Change profile says this feature is not yet enabled. Another look into the .zip file reveals the triggers/conversations, i.e. .json files all have the same name as the originals. If it HAD worked, wouldn't it have simply overwritten all those files, or would they land in a separate directory? Shouldn't they be "triggers1.json etc? Anyway, it didn't work but the app ain't broke. However, the same bugs still exist for now.

The reason I asked about loss of programming during upgrades, is because to upgrade the Harmony app, you must first uninstall the old version. Since Harmony is not programmable and lives in the cloud, all you are changing is the app itself. Your program appears to be contained within the device, so loss of data is possible if not upgraded properly.
Begog, I am programming the "profile switching" feature now. It should be done tonight.

Switching to another profile is just the equal of switching the profile folder. All the filenames are the same, just a different folder. This way it is easy to switch between different profiles with minimum programming. Don't want to use "trigger1.json, trigger2.json..." scheme, because I don't want to mix up the "sound" folders. Plus it's much easier to add/delete profiles, just add/remove the folder, and you are done! :whistle:

Yup, losing all the data could be a big issue! If you upgrade the app by remove the app first, of course all your setting is gone. I think it's just common sense. I can add a feature of "Backup all to Zip", but since most users can just re-download the profile, and we chatbot programmers always have backups in the laptop, why we need the backup at all?
The one and only: Debbie from Doll4E
Maker of Doll33: a doll talking app. Come to your local app store soon. :)
The Doll33 App with F-Mode Version 1.2, exclusively for TDF members.
AlexaTilbrook's Mirror link for my app. Version 1.2
For more info, go to doll33.com.

philpw99

Post by philpw99 »

Just a little report of what I have coded recently:

Add "category" in triggers, now you can click on them:
"greeting", "questions", "flirting", "small talk", "nice words", "bad words", "misc"
and see what you can say under the category.

Trigger's match algorithm is better now. The matching is closer to satisfactory.

Profile switching is almost done. I can see the list of profiles, and I can go to my webpage to download a profile, then it can unzip the file to the right folder.

The Webview plugin gave me a lot of headache. And the Zip Plugin gave me even more. Eventually those problems are fixed, as I modified the source code of zip plugin so it can actually work. Those things really took me a few long nights to fix.

Now most of them is done, the new version will be released soon.

philpw99

Post by philpw99 »

Hi, everyone, the new version 1.1 is out. Finally the app can switch profiles, but you need to restart the app to see the new profile. Will work on it. There are so other improvement in the app, including easier to find what you can say to the doll, no need to switch between voice and keyboard, profile downloading is possible... Highly recommend this version, if you are interested in my app.

Now I set up a very rudimentary server. No more google drive, and much less hassle. :)

Here is the link:
http://108.21.88.134:8800/doll33free.apk

And thank you guys for your suggestions and help!

Begog
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Begog »

Hi Philw99. One question before I download this later this evening: Do I need to uninstall the old version, or just load this one on top of it?

philpw99

Post by philpw99 »

Begog wrote:Hi Philw99. One question before I download this later this evening: Do I need to uninstall the old version, or just load this one on top of it?
Oh, sorry that I forgot. You need to remove the old one and install this new one. I used different names so it will appear to be two apps!

The reason for using different name, was that I had to submit this app to google under a different name. Then the stupid me just disable the F-Mode, but forgot about removing the pictures and sounds inside. Then BAM! The new app is suspended again! Seems they will extract everything in the apk and see if you have any nude photos inside, which my app has, even though those photos will never show.

Which means version 1.2 will again have a new name. So the version 1.1 here is just temporary, for testing only.

Begog
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Begog »

Oh, brother. Your app has nudity? I never saw it. Yeah, F-mode has got to go. Remove it all, and make sure anything "offensive" is gone out of it, and that it will work before trying to re-submit. Here's another question: Do add-on personalities also have to conform to the non-nudity rule? If so, I'll have to change the pic I was going to use. Also, tremendous offensive language. I would think a separate DLC profile available on your website would be exempt from that, but please advise.

Edit: 403 Forbidden error. Yikes!
Tried on Windows and Android.

philpw99

Post by philpw99 »

Sorry, I messed up a big time! I thought it was better to just rebuild the app with the same name "doll33", so I delete the new app, then suddenly I cannot compile my app successfully. Always an frustrating error! I spent quite a lot of time fixing it.

Now I think the error is gone, but then the built-in downloader is not working... all messed up. :(
So it will be some time until I can upload the app that works.

Well, you can create any nude or offensive profile you like. It's user created content, it has nothing to do with my app. You just warn them in the description.

For the DLC, you do need to be careful with the photos and language.

philpw99

Post by philpw99 »

OK, finally I changed to a different file download plugin, and this one works!

Now the app is available for download again.

BigBurrito

Post by BigBurrito »

philpw99

Post by philpw99 »

BigBurrito wrote:Anybody tried this?https://www.ebay.com/itm/Google-AIY-Voi ... 1438.l2649
Well, isn't this the same as "OK, google", which most android phone already has it?

I mean, the reason I want to do this app, because it can be highly customizable, works without internet and it can play actual human voice. Google AI, Amazon Alexa and MS Cortana are great in AI field, but the poor customization and always single female voice put me off.

BigBurrito

Post by BigBurrito »

philpw99, can your app be reconfigured for the Raspberry PI, I believe it has enough hardware power to run a similar program, but i'm not very literate on writing code for Python or Ardrino, but i hear that installing a cam on the PI and a mic can give face and voice recondition with tracking, just a matter of the right programming i guess

philpw99

Post by philpw99 »

BigBurrito wrote:philpw99, can your app be reconfigured for the Raspberry PI, I believe it has enough hardware power to run a similar program, but i'm not very literate on writing code for Python or Ardrino, but i hear that installing a cam on the PI and a mic can give face and voice recondition with tracking, just a matter of the right programming i guess
There should be no need for any change in Raspberry PI, just run Android in it. Use a mouse instead of a touch screen. It should work! (Obvious F-Mode is out of question.)

https://www.raspberrypi.org/magpi/android-raspberry-pi/

AlexaTilbrook
Ex-Member

Post by AlexaTilbrook »

philpw99 wrote:
BigBurrito wrote:philpw99, can your app be reconfigured for the Raspberry PI, I believe it has enough hardware power to run a similar program, but i'm not very literate on writing code for Python or Ardrino, but i hear that installing a cam on the PI and a mic can give face and voice recondition with tracking, just a matter of the right programming i guess
There should be no need for any change in Raspberry PI, just run Android in it. Use a mouse instead of a touch screen. It should work! (Obvious F-Mode is out of question.)

https://www.raspberrypi.org/magpi/android-raspberry-pi/
Nice link to Eben Upton's blog, @philpw99... but, Android isn't 100% there yet for the Broadcom VideoCore IV GPU. And The Raspberry Pi Foundation doesn't offer any official Raspberry Pi armhf builds. (Source: https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/view ... p?t=205912 [1]) LineageOS (fka Cyanogenmod) does offer an Android Nougat (7.0) build, albeit unofficial. Google "lineageos raspberry pi 3 site:xda-developers.com" for downloads.

[1] from topic linked:
jamesh [Raspberry Pi Forums] wrote:We do not provide any Android builds for the Raspberry Pi.

There is a Google group dedicated to Android on Pi, try there.
MDBG

73 de KI5JYD

INFORMATIONS