Starpery.com

Starting a code project to make my doll speak

Got an idea? Need an invention?
philpw99

Starting a code project to make my doll speak

Post by philpw99 »

I just had an idea of putting a miniature Bluetooth speaker, like this one from Amazon, in my doll's mouth. Then make an app in android to enable her to speak.

I saw the VoiceAttack program people talked about here, but it seems too limited. I want my app be able to do a lot more, like:
* In the morning she will say "Good morning Philip, time to wake up." at my wakeup time.
* She will say "Good to see you back!" or some similar random sentences when I start the app.
* Whenever she hears "love" or "like", she will say something lovely back at random.
* The most important thing: I will put the phone on her and start the "F" mode, she will feel the shaking by the phone's accelerometer , a "heating" number will start to accumulate, from 0 to 100 she will say "stop" or "don't touch me", 100 to 500 she will start low moaning, over 500 she will moan in full volume. Then when the number drops she will say "don't stop"... etc. You got the idea.

I will use opensourced NativeScript for this app, so in theory both Android and iOS can run, but I only use Android to test. I will keep this project free and open as long as I can.

Also it will have profiles, so you can switch her to speak in different languages.

What do you think about this project? Please give me some ideas and suggestions. Thank you!!
(Noted) I haven't written any code for it yet. Still in early brainstorming stage, but I will write it for my incoming doll. Hopefully it will benefit everyone here too.
The one and only: Debbie from Doll4E
Maker of Doll33: a doll talking app. Come to your local app store soon. :)
The Doll33 App with F-Mode Version 1.2, exclusively for TDF members.
AlexaTilbrook's Mirror link for my app. Version 1.2
For more info, go to doll33.com.

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Starting a code project to make my doll speak

Post by haremlover »

Fun

Perhaps you should talk to DS about this as they need an English language chatbot and your ideas currently would be better than nothing.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

philpw99

Post by philpw99 »

Thanks Harem for your advice!
I want to make this app available for everyone, not just a particular vendor. It will be kind of "universal doll companion". I think this idea already has been raised here previously, as I just saw the PlaiSonar thread. Therefore I know only a real app will matter, not just talking here.

But still I want to know suggestions and others ideas from long time owners like Harem here, see any good advice that I can follow on later. Thank you!

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Oh but DS have the moving face to go with it. It would be super to do a link up. In my opinion DS are the closest to a lifelike visual realism but Abyss are way ahead on conversation. Your App would be a good start for them.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

Meso
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Meso »

The phone's accelerometer? What's that? I support a stand alone app. Love the idea of a speaker in her mouth. I'd like the ability to upload my own script of what she says, as well as in the F-Mode to adjust the parameters of sensitivity. Some of us (me) may never be able to afford an animated head. You know what? My imagination works just fine, and your idea would be most welcomed.
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13492
Dolls are like motorcycles: I wish I'd kept every one I ever rode.
Past Dolls:
Candy8Teen Taffy doll B-cup, tan. MLD D-cup, tan. AVSexToy 100cm D-cup, tan. YL148 D-cup, tan. JY166 Bambi body builder, natural, JY135 flat, tan, WM144 L-Cup, tan, WM140 A-cup, tan.
Current Dolls:
Mia: OR141 ExtraSoft, F-Cup, tan.
Vampirella & Cowgirl: Phicen

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Hey philpw99 sounds like a cool idea - good luck with your project!
Just curious though, have you looked into the more advanced features in Voice Attack?
If you're a programmer type there's a lot of stuff you can do beyond the regular functions.
The 174 page manual has an exhaustive list...
https://voiceattack.com/VoiceAttackHelp.pdf

BTW, a lot of folks have been using the Tadpole speaker. It's about the right size to fit in the mouth (about tongue size)...
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IF0NJOG/re ... UTF8&psc=1

Boobman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Boobman »

Sounds literally too like a good idea. Phrases that can never be said, not tonight i have...... I'm leaving you & i want half, i missed my period i think i might be pregnant. :haha4:

philpw99

Post by philpw99 »

Haremlover, yeah, DS has the most advance head, but the cost will be like a whole doll. And I want it to be upgradable and highly customizable, like you can make her say nasty things only you understand... etc. I think a universal app is the way to go.

Meso, thank you! Hope my work will be smooth and fast. My doll is coming soon.

MannequinFan, thank you for your links! And you are right, when you are in F-Mode, everything is blurry, you really cannot see if her mouth is moving or not, so what's the point of a moving lips?

I just review their advance features. It will be a very easy implement in this way, just put the words and record the voice. Very little programming indeed. However I sincerely hope I can give it more features, like random love sentences at wake up time or come back time, random conversations (not just command triggered actions), and easy to install and use from app stores. The universally built-in accelerometer is the main reason I have to go with the android and ios path. Voice attack can only do so much, but it can never offer the F-Mode. Their implement of searching text is very interesting though. Maybe I will use similar way for a conversation.

Also love the speaker you recommended!! That's the smallest so far I have ever seen on Amazon. 1.4in x 0.7 in only!!! Very glad you give me this link!

Boobman, yeah, that's the idea! I will make it customizable so you can make her say any damn thing you would like (or not like). Also for each phrase the app will say it with a realistic voice (maybe recorded mp3?), or if it cannot find the voice file, it will speak with built-in text-to-speech engine, which will sound like a robot. This way you can make your own conversation, and if you can find a young female to record the sound, the conversation will become much more life like. (Just don't tell her it's for a sex-doll maybe :wink: )

scooter_ca
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by scooter_ca »

Just a quick blurb.
We all seem focused about the sound actually emanating from the mouth.
However, even from a very short distance, your ears would not be able to discern the difference from the sound coming from the mouth or anywhere nearby, like from a pendant on a necklace.
I would suspect that the mouth would also muffle the sound quality.

Just throwing the idea out there.
Even in the old time talking barbies, the sound came from the tummy. :D

Thanks,
scooter
With beautiful Daria and Giorgi.
Everything about Daria can be found in her NEW Photo Timeline: https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 1&t=117493
Everything about Giorgi can be found in her Photo Timeline: https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 64&t=96105
Doll Album: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14626

philpw99

Post by philpw99 »

scooter_ca, i agree with you, it's not discernable for the ears, but it's just my preference not to see the actual speaker hanging in her chest, it will be kinda not so nice for me. Muffled sound is not a big deal, as you can adjust the volume to very loud.
Imagine that she sings a song for you when you fall asleep, and your head is next to hers, I bet you will really tell where the sound comes from.

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

philpw99 wrote:Also for each phrase the app will say it with a realistic voice (maybe recorded mp3?), or if it cannot find the voice file, it will speak with built-in text-to-speech engine, which will sound like a robot.
Another nice thing about VA is you can use any high quality SAPI5 voice like the ones from Ivona as well as recorded mp3s.
Their British English Amy is one of the best I've heard.
Here's some TTS with Amy...
introduction.mp3
(1.34 MiB) Downloaded 3498 times
I'm not sure if this could give you some more ideas, but you can check out my audio interactive Eva mannequin project here: viewtopic.php?f=140&t=69149

oneatatime
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by oneatatime »

If you are looking to snag sample sounds try this site, freesound.org. I used one of those mini blue tooth speakers and various sample sounds. Here's one example https://freesound.org/people/FloydP/sounds/346213/

pdistrict

Post by pdistrict »

Great idea. Did you get sample voices?

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

For my preference, I would go for Genie (Barbara Eden) and download a lot of her best stuff from "I dream of Genie". With some editing, and a costume, you got yourself a whole lot of fun. She still make me laugh 50 years on :lol:

Full funny playlist here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRNwv8o ... 8opJT0&t=4

Keep up the good work.

And footnote....Major Nelson had way more self control than I have :lol:

Anung...Yes...you are all thinking it as well :whistle:

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

Boobman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Boobman »

Anung Un Rama wrote:For my preference, I would go for Genie (Barbara Eden) and download a lot of her best stuff from "I dream of Genie". With some editing, and a costume, you got yourself a whole lot of fun. She still make me laugh 50 years on :lol:

Full funny playlist here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRNwv8o ... 8opJT0&t=4

Keep up the good work.

And footnote....Major Nelson had way more self control than I have :lol:

Anung...Yes...you are all thinking it as well :whistle:
Me too, but even more so she gets me horny & hard from the show or even as she looks today. My first doll was inspired by Barbara so i named my 1st doll Jeannie. Barbara Eden a all time classic beauty. Another tidbit on her, she did a episode of the Andy Griffith show where she comes to Mayberry to start her own beauty salon to give Floyd some competition. She looked so beautiful & that even predated I Dream of Genie by a few yrs.
Attachments
Jeannie (2).jpg
Jeannie (2).jpg (84.82 KiB) Viewed 3957 times

INFORMATIONS