Starpery.com

Augmented Reality on it's way?

Got an idea? Need an invention?
SeanSteel
Active Poster
Active Poster

Augmented Reality on it's way?

Post by SeanSteel »

I wanted to show you guys a vid. This is an augmented reality character I'm working on. She's made up of real parts, and virtual parts. In another approach I use AR markers to add a head and arms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah1utu2NLN4

philpw99

Re: Augmented Reality on it's way?

Post by philpw99 »

Very interesting approach! She is no doubt quite a difficult feat to accomplish.

Meanwhile the ideal AR I personally like is something like this:
https://youtu.be/JGiVVObY0Ew
Just instead of a male torso I would like my doll in it.
The one and only: Debbie from Doll4E
Maker of Doll33: a doll talking app. Come to your local app store soon. :)
The Doll33 App with F-Mode Version 1.2, exclusively for TDF members.
AlexaTilbrook's Mirror link for my app. Version 1.2
For more info, go to doll33.com.

SeanSteel
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by SeanSteel »

What about this one. I use an AR marker to track position, and beaglebone black + bno055 to get rotation. The head is made in blender, and programmed in Unity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJUIr27Hz1U

SeanSteel
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by SeanSteel »

The idea behind my Augmented Reality Gaming Character (puppet, doll, robot) is that some things about a characters are better to be real like soft body parts, clothes etc, and others things work better to be virtual, in this case, an animated head. I'd like to see games written in Unity, that can be played in AR on any real character with AR markers. This lady has an articulated skeleton, muscles, which are covered with spandex for now.

philpw99

Post by philpw99 »

SeanSteel wrote:What about this one. I use an AR marker to track position, and beaglebone black + bno055 to get rotation. The head is made in blender, and programmed in Unity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJUIr27Hz1U
Man!! I absolutely love this approach!! This is the future!! Please keep me updated about your approach. I think you are onto something big!! Possibly Facebook big! AR mixed with dolls will be the future of the doll industry!

RoadRoller

Post by RoadRoller »

Super weird project but I like it. Will follow it for sure! :D
- DollAutomation.com -
A NSFW collection of seemingly living dolls, figures, sexbots and things.

SeanSteel
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by SeanSteel »

philpw99 wrote:
SeanSteel wrote:Man!! I absolutely love this approach!! This is the future!!
Thanks, that feels good there hear. The game side was supposed to give her arms too, but I didn't like the way they looked, so I want to try a couple other things. I'll keep you guys updated.

philpw99

Post by philpw99 »

SeanSteel wrote:
philpw99 wrote:
SeanSteel wrote:Man!! I absolutely love this approach!! This is the future!!
Thanks, that feels good there hear. The game side was supposed to give her arms too, but I didn't like the way they looked, so I want to try a couple other things. I'll keep you guys updated.
Please keep on your interesting work! I think the holly grail is people can wear a AR glass, and see the doll like a living person. She can blink her eyes, speaks, and you can touch her body, and she will make some moaning sound ( or scream for sexual harassment :razz: ). This way your work will make the DS and Abyss robots obsolete overnight!!

foozzys
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by foozzys »

be sure to keep up updated, what kinda programs did you use foe the in game aspects? I made my own 3D models, and I already have one of my dream girl, and I can use her as a desktop mascot, not much to do but she's cute!
(yes she's based of a Vocaloid, hence the 'tattoo' on her arm)
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return" ~ Moulin Rouge

SeanSteel
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by SeanSteel »

foozzys wrote:be sure to keep up updated, what kinda programs did you use foe the in game aspects? I made my own 3D models, and I already have one of my dream girl, and I can use her as a desktop mascot, not much to do but she's cute!
she's cute foozy. Where is she? Is she in a game? Is she someone you put together in photoshop? How can post a pic in here?

foozzys
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by foozzys »

SeanSteel wrote:
foozzys wrote:be sure to keep up updated, what kinda programs did you use foe the in game aspects? I made my own 3D models, and I already have one of my dream girl, and I can use her as a desktop mascot, not much to do but she's cute!
she's cute foozzys. Where is she? Is she in a game? Is she someone you put together in photoshop? How can post a pic in here?
thank you! Her name is Miriki (mah-ree-kee) or Miri (mah-ree) for short.I made her myself, completely from scratch. She's the first complete model I made, what you see her in there is a desktop background program that plays Miku Miku dance characters, which is what I use her for but I made her in blender, as mentioned, she's based off Vocaloids, more specifically(if you know Vocaloids) Meiko, as you can see by her hair. I'd like to experiment to see if I can import or rig her for different programs but as mentioned she's my first so I'm still learning. She's also my doll.
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return" ~ Moulin Rouge

pup001

Post by pup001 »

I wanted to show you guys a vid. This is an augmented reality character I'm working on. She's made up of real parts, and virtual parts. In another approach I use AR markers to add a head and arms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah1utu2NLN4
Great work, man! I've been thinking of similar ideas for a while. But, I don't have the skills that you have. I'm very happy to see that someone is experimenting with this! I've been trying to tell people that AR+dolls has more potential than robotic dolls. Of course, we can have both--but ''sex robots'' get a lot of attention while almost nobody is talking about the potential of AR.

With AR, you can have a lighter weight torso+head doll that has animated arms and legs. Her skin can be any color, change color of skin, hair, clothes, instantly have animated bat or angel wings or whatever, special effects as in ''snapchat filters''. Also, the virtual version of the character could detach from the physical doll and walk around your house or fly around above your backyard. Or you could go with her into whatever virtual world together, then decide that you want her to re-attach to the physical doll and you can fuck your fully-animated, AI fantasy girl in whatever fantasy setting you want! There's sooo many possibilities!

SeanSteel
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by SeanSteel »

pup001 wrote: With AR, you can have a lighter weight torso+head doll that has animated arms and legs. Her skin can be any color, change color of skin, hair, clothes, instantly have animated bat or angel wings or whatever, special effects as in ''snapchat filters''. Also, the virtual version of the character could detach from the physical doll and walk around your house or fly around above your backyard. Or you could go with her into whatever virtual world together, then decide that you want her to re-attach to the physical doll and you can fuck your fully-animated, AI fantasy girl in whatever fantasy setting you want! There's sooo many possibilities!
I absolutely agree. I think by mixing real and virtual, you can pick and choose your experience, based on what's important to you. Also, Unity (the game dev software lets you import videos, not just creating animations. You could get an actress to do a head performance over a green screen, and composite that in your game for absolute realism!
Attachments
splice-g02(720).jpg
splice-g02(720).jpg (152.84 KiB) Viewed 6714 times
articulated skeleton & muscles
articulated skeleton & muscles
musculator-back03.jpeg (102.6 KiB) Viewed 6714 times
many segmented spine
many segmented spine
6segments.jpeg (96.37 KiB) Viewed 6714 times
read head+hair, virtual face
read head+hair, virtual face
arhead01.jpeg (69.55 KiB) Viewed 6714 times

SeanSteel
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by SeanSteel »

No new vids yet, I've gotten alot of work done improving the skeleton. The pelvis has been at the wrong angle forever. I rotated that backwards almost 45 degrees! I made the shoulder blades more realistic, and positioned them better. They where a little far apart. Also the arms and legs are new. In the beginning I was trying to entire arms and legs in AR, the more complex a component is, the more difficult it is to get it right. Like having an entire arm that bends, is more difficult then just adding a couple muscle forms to an real existing arm. So now I'm trying to "augmented" the existing arms and legs. We'll see. I'm trying to get multiple marker costellations working on the software side. Does anyone here do any game programming. I'm using OpenCV in Unity to track markers at run time. I have some ideas if anyone wants to chat.

This is one of the best pics yet of the real model. It used the spine in the above pictures. The "blank" areas in the arms and legs are supposed to get AR visuals too. Hopefully someday.
Attachments
1267..JPG
1267..JPG (99.35 KiB) Viewed 6372 times

SeanSteel
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by SeanSteel »

New Vid. Let me know what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6YVRibUbXU

INFORMATIONS