Starpery.com

Need ideas: Motorized platform back and forth movement

Got an idea? Need an invention?
MourningWood

Need ideas: Motorized platform back and forth movement

Post by MourningWood »

I'm looking to build a platform on a motor that has adjustable back and forth speed movement, and ability to be raised or sit flat. I have some ideas on how to raise it up, but stumped on the motor providing back and forth movement. I saw something similar for a baby rocker, but I don't think it can support me + doll.

Anyone have an idea? Was thinking a motor with a spindle with an oval piece attached, when spinning it will cause the platform to make the movement, but I don't think that will be strong enough for actual weight. :grab:

TheDudeAbides
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Need ideas: Motorized platform back and forth movement

Post by TheDudeAbides »

Try a search on eBay or similar for ‘high torque linear actuators’. Might be simpler and more reliable to use some sort of suspension for your doll with heavy duty exercise bands… 🤷‍♂️

Siliconeman
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Siliconeman »

MourningWood wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:09 pm I'm looking to build a platform on a motor that has adjustable back and forth speed movement, and ability to be raised or sit flat. I have some ideas on how to raise it up, but stumped on the motor providing back and forth movement. I saw something similar for a baby rocker, but I don't think it can support me + doll.

Anyone have an idea? Was thinking a motor with a spindle with an oval piece attached, when spinning it will cause the platform to make the movement, but I don't think that will be strong enough for actual weight. :grab:
Maybe car windshield wiper motor+gearbox? Those things have huge torque!

Cheers!

Sili

MourningWood

Post by MourningWood »

TheDudeAbides wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:56 pm Try a search on eBay or similar for ‘high torque linear actuators’. Might be simpler and more reliable to use some sort of suspension for your doll with heavy duty exercise bands… 🤷‍♂️
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look into the linear actuator! I thought about resistance bands, and even suspending using springs. Still requires me make them move which ruins the immersion if that makes sense :razz:
Siliconeman wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:05 pm Maybe car windshield wiper motor+gearbox? Those things have huge torque!

Cheers!

Sili
I have a hard time believing that but I'm most likely wrong lol! I'll pull something off a car at a scrap yard and give it a try! Thanks for suggestion, if this works will be SUPER cheap way to go just pop one out of an old car. :D

The Doll Advocate
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by The Doll Advocate »

Screenshot_20230116-181143_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20230116-181143_eBay.jpg (276.32 KiB) Viewed 331 times
How much are you willing to spend .......
I've got just the motor I think you need because I'm planning something very similar.
But I was thinking more of a pulley system so that my girl could ride me effortlessly.
I've got one of these motors but you can also get them used on ebay for a fair price

sillyconnie
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by sillyconnie »

Maybe something can be done with a $100 fuck machine on Amazon - which actually is a linear actuator, but it's gonna be weird and gender-bending.

Namor1st

Post by Namor1st »

How about those horsey rides for kids at arcades or stores. Mybe ypu buy a used one. Also horsey rides in play ground with the ibig spring that rocks back forth. Or couch that rocks back and forth ,people had thouse on their porch or patio. Mabe motor can be attached some how. Hope these idea's help you. Would like tohear feed back ,nagetive or lositive welcome.

INFORMATIONS