Starpery.com

How often should I wash my doll?

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
catastrophe
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

How often should I wash my doll?

Post by catastrophe »

Hey guys,

I've had a 6ye doll for few months now, sleep with it covered in blanket but never had sex with it yet. I wash it once every month with antibacterial soap, then baby oil, then powder. But I really hate the cleaning process since it's heavy and awkward to clean, especially all the lint that seems to be stick around no matter how many times I baby oil it. Do I really need to do that every month or is just applying baby powder enough? I read that the new TPE doesn't really need that much oiling? And I notice that the bed sheets seems to be lightly covered with leaked oil from the TPE?

Wolfric

Re: How often should I wash my doll?

Post by Wolfric »

Less oiling for sure. It is the oil and the TPE oil that causes the lint nightmare. However, using cornstarch after oiling, and then powder it lightly after it dries, keeps majority of lint off it., you have to apply the powder to where the sticky parts are. :)

Wolfric

Post by Wolfric »

@Haremlover - what is your regime of cleaning?

Harem can tell you exactly when to oil it (once a month from what the average owner says), what needs antibacterial (any orifice you used, needs to be cleaned minimum weekly, if not used, don't use antibacterial, just worry about external body). During the month, just feel the doll for sticky areas, apply powder. This would be the TPE oil naturally, so I would let the powder deal with it. It's the light powder that stops the TPE from sticking to things, however too much powder will dry it out. So only powder when you need to.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Depends on use. I don't do the deed with my dolls either, but do move and dress/undress them a lot. So for me it's a sponge bath with a little Dawn in warm water once a month or so followed by a light cornstarch dusting. Baby oil rub every 3 to 4 months and spot treatment of stress areas with a thin film of Vaseline every so often.

Mishka1965
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Mishka1965 »

I oil the ladies very rarely, and have some from 2014 holding up fine from just 6 month treatments to just the joints.

I wash whenever there is too much dirt and cannot be cleaned well. The larger ladies hang from a hoist and I wash them with soap, dry off than powder. Lint and dirt is a major problem and static charges cause lots of issues. I just use a soft towel moistened with water to remove light dirt

Mishka
Photographer and Doll Enthusiast
2018-2021 Photographing for JIUSHENG-DOLL,6YE,SinoDoll
2022-2023 Photographer/Reviewer for Zelex, TAYU, MRD and IronTech

Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/Mishka_1965
Instagram Page:https://www.instagram.com/_mishka1965_/

catastrophe
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by catastrophe »

Thanks for the input, looks like I don't have to stick to that once a month wash and oil chore. :)

Pantyscientist

Post by Pantyscientist »

Is there a good way to keep the skeleton in good shape oiling, lube wise? Nila has a loose leg (since I got her,) but I just fear all my moving her will eventually wear out the skeleton.

INFORMATIONS