Starpery.com

Fingernails. How ?

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
alosaabye123

Fingernails. How ?

Post by alosaabye123 »

How to put fingernails - which have fallen off - back on a TPE doll.
(I am new to The Doll Forum) :-)
/Alos

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Re: Fingernails. How ?

Post by Slew »

Hi alosaabye123, welcome to the forum. :) If I'm not mistaken, TPE factories use plain old 'nail glue' to apply nails and eyelashes. At least that's what they sent in the care package with my TPE doll.

grimreefer24601

Post by grimreefer24601 »

Cyanoacetate

Super Glue. GEL is easiest to apply.

smallcat
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by smallcat »

Slew wrote:Hi alosaabye123, welcome to the forum. :) If I'm not mistaken, TPE factories use plain old 'nail glue' to apply nails and eyelashes. At least that's what they sent in the care package with my TPE doll.

You know this is prety neat if this is glue with a brush? wonder how the hell does that work. All super glues tend to dry out to quickly for me. I usually have to seal them up quick in container.

Assuming most nail glues is just plain o cheap super glue based chemical cyanoacrylate.

grimreefer24601

That's why I use the gel. It's easier to apply.

And yes I misspoke it's cyanoacrylate.

Rick9191

Post by Rick9191 »

Pardon me for LMAO but Dang Grim every issue I have you seem to have the cure. Gonna have to start callin' ya Doctor Grim. Okay use gel super glue but what about surface prep? Oil cleaning? Alcohol rub? or screw it, just glue the nails back on?

grimreefer24601

If I don't, I know a lot of great people. Likely someone who does.

I usually clean with oil first. It gets all the grime out of the TPE. No need to let it soak, rub it in and wipe it off. Then alcohol or acetone. It dries out some of the oil you just used which is a good thing.

Put a drop of Gel Super Glue on the nail. Apply it and squeeze the gel around the nail. Try to get it all the way to the edges of the nail. That will be the place it will try to remove first. Gel will allow you a little play time and it spreads better. Excess gel can be cleaned off with acetone.

I'd add another quick oil after the process. Again just surface, no need to soak wipe on and remove. Make sure you and her are clean. Oil will bring out any dirt present.

Rick9191

Post by Rick9191 »

grimreefer24601 wrote:If I don't, I know a lot of great people. Likely someone who does.
I usually clean with oil first. It gets all the grime out of the TPE. No need to let it soak, rub it in and wipe it off. Then alcohol or acetone. It dries out some of the oil you just used which is a good thing.
Put a drop of Gel Super Glue on the nail. Apply it and squeeze the gel around the nail. Try to get it all the way to the edges of the nail. That will be the place it will try to remove first. Gel will allow you a little play time and it spreads better. Excess gel can be cleaned off with acetone.
I'd add another quick oil after the process. Again just surface, no need to soak wipe on and remove. Make sure you and her are clean. Oil will bring out any dirt present.
Thankx Doc!

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

I have had great luck using GE2 clear silicone for nails, but super glue has worked well plus putting on new nails is EZ to do.
I would not suggest Super glue for eyelashes
Love,
Takara, the DS BCD Girl
Attachments
100_6418.jpg
100_6418.jpg (59.44 KiB) Viewed 1735 times

Chris98king

Post by Chris98king »

It didn't eat away at the tpe ?

Pentiki
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Pentiki »

smallcat wrote:All super glues tend to dry out to quickly for me. I usually have to seal them up quick in container.
Cyanoacrylates actually cure via exposure to moisture(H2O). If you live in a humid client and need more pot time, you can dehumidify the room you're working in.

Rick9191

Post by Rick9191 »

Booty Call Dolls wrote:I have had great luck using GE2 clear silicone for nails, but super glue has worked well plus putting on new nails is EZ to do.
I would not suggest Super glue for eyelashes
Love,
Takara, the DS BCD Girl
Well, went and fixed her nail after gettin' super glue and saw an eyelash startin' to peel away. So what praytell does one use to re-attach them? LOL

Get a doll I said to myself. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. No problems. Low maintenance. Cheaper and a helluva lot less hassles than the real deal. Oh how little I knew...……………………….. :drinking:

Chris98king

Post by Chris98king »

Well, went and fixed her nail after gettin' super glue and saw an eyelash startin' to peel away. So what praytell does one use to re-attach them? LOL

Get a doll I said to myself. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. No problems. Low maintenance. Cheaper and a helluva lot less hassles than the real deal. Oh how little I knew...……………………….. :drinking:[/quote]
Lol I know right but still I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Rick9191

Post by Rick9191 »

Chris98king wrote: Get a doll I said to myself. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. No problems. Low maintenance. Cheaper and a helluva lot less hassles than the real deal. Oh how little I knew...……………………….. :drinking:
Lol I know right but still I wouldn't trade it for the world.[/quote]

I'm tellin' ya. Dang. And now I have to order some tpe glue to fix an elbow. SMH. Nor did I realize I'd need a bigger closet and more dresser space. Not mention spending hours watching these dang make up videos cause she needs some sprucing up unless I just wanna leave the lights off or spin her around. She does have a nice bubble. Might be cheaper and easier. LOL
Attachments
P1019465.JPG
P1019465.JPG (1.96 MiB) Viewed 1687 times

Chris98king

Post by Chris98king »

The only make up I use on my girl is when I got here I got a chrt pack marker in a red and left it on her lips till it stained them a pink color and then washed so I don't have to worry about smearing any makeup

INFORMATIONS