Starpery.com

Bad Ankle-Is vendor fair or unfair??

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
alamode

Bad Ankle-Is vendor fair or unfair??

Post by alamode »

I really need the opinion of the forum on this...

I have a doll that within week 2 my new doll lost the left/right movement of the foot... some of you may have seen this where the foot just flops. It's a WM 160D.

This is my second doll. My first doll came from a different vendor. Within the first few weeks it had this same ankle issue and a bad neck. Now the vendor that I just bought this doll from was very adamant that vendor #1 should replace this doll which she did.

Now vendor #2 is telling me that a bad ankle is less minor and not cause for a replacement where a bad neck is cause for replacement....and sent me instructions to fix the ankle.

Now I only had my first doll for a few months and I am no where near ready to do any repair. With doll #1 I made a disaster with tpe glue. A little hole in the finger that I tried to fix ended up melting the hole finger after putting too much glue. Even if I was able to do the repair i would still have a new doll with a scar.

Please I'd like as many opinions as I can get on this.

Tell me honestly...
Is this very minor and not cause for a return?
I won't attempt it yet so id have to live with it for now anyway.
Or is this vendor holding their competitor to a higher standard?
He did get another vendor to send me a new doll.
Is a defect a defect? Neck or ankle?
I know at some point there with be repairs but is this too soon?

My initial thoughts are a defect is a defect regardless of severity.

Either way I'd feel better to know that this is done fairly whether the vendor is handling this correctly or not. If im wrong please tell me. I'd feel better knowing this is handled properly.

Just looking for fairness here...
Please any opinions would be of great value.
Thanks,
Richard

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Bad Ankle-Is vendor fair or unfair??

Post by Mr Franz »

I'd say if it's a non-standing doll, no big deal. If it's a standing doll however and the bad ankle prevents that function, very big deal!

Jay1313
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Jay1313 »

This is an issue, all products on the market , whatever the product maybe , have a one year manufacture warranty, and the business you buy said product usually have a two week to month warranty, yet with these dolls , which are over $1000 price tags aren’t , do this seem ethical? When comes to this particular industry it’s very obvious not much is done when it comes to consumers rights, it’s something that a lot of doll owners have to deal with. It’s a very serious issue, in me opinion I believe your quarry is justified, yet doesn’t surprise me that they are giving you the run around. This has become an all to familiar practice amongst a lot of these manufacturers. Of course this is only ME opinion.

alamode

Post by alamode »

Thank you for your opinions so far. I believe the forum can help me resolve this.

So in a nutshell...
This vendor was very adamant about his competitor replacing my first doll due to a bad neck.

Now because the doll he sold me has a bad ankle and not a neck there is no need for him to replace this one.

So to break it down...
Is there a major difference between a defective ankle or a defective neck????

Or is a defect a defect????

Thanks,
Richard

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

Two people have admitted a floppy ankle ( you are three) and the other two, I am one, both of us KNOW what we did wrong.
This be true, chances are you did something with out knowing it, not on purpose, to cause her ankle to do this.
You just do not remember what.
You can ship her to me and I will fix her.

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Is there a major difference between a defective ankle or a defective neck????
Hmmmm
You are having fun with your girl on her back....you need to prop her head up with a pillow
You having fun with your girl, she is on your lap facing you and her head keeps falling

My answer a BIG DIFFERENCE
Not even close
BCD
http://dolldesire.com/
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

Jay1313
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Jay1313 »

Let’s calm down here boys, I’m sure he meant no disrespect, we have to look at it from one another’s point of view, we all know here on TDF that BCD has a well deserved, stellar reputation, in me opinion, no one is better at customer service and having the community’s and customers best interest at heart, alamode I’m sure is just frustrated and venting that frustration in a forum designed for us to communicate and get some helpful feedback..... we must all admit that this whole process is a very stressful one, The research, the prices, the ordering process , the waiting , the worries of not knowing to expect, worry about situations just like this, after spending such a high amount of money on something and it having problems so early on , is very unfortunate, and with the lack of information on repairs, it turns stress up to ten, I personally have been in somewhat of a similar situation and needless to say, it really Killed me spirit. Now having said that , BCD stated that he would fix it, and even pay for the shipping, you can’t get better then that, that to me is him taking care of you. BCD is a great vendor and I’m sure just frustration and miscommunication along the way has lead to this misunderstanding.

alamode

Post by alamode »

I have to get back to.you guys on this. I typed a whole long thing and lost it.
Not venting.. seeking 3rd party...like arbitration. It's frustrating yes. Not blasting anyone in here. BCD did an outstanding job on very custom order.
Jay1313 I think you have the last word on this particular problem. If my car breaks after 200 miles the dealer fixes the car not replaces.. fair compromise.
But we need to discuss what you brought up in your first posting. I'd like to discuss warranties and I'd hope as many vendors chime in because I'd like to know what type deals they have with the factories. They can't offer much if factories don't cover them. True... who buys anything $1000 and up without any guarantees. Something wrong with something new... anything anywhere no problem but with these dolls it's complicated. Let's examine this....

I'd also like to find out if there any repair people out there.

So 2 more topics... 2 more threads coming.

Warranties and repairs..

Any thoughts people???

Dollyman25442
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Dollyman25442 »

Here comes my 2 bits-
Avoiding the taking of a side altogether, I've long wondered...
How come ALL the manufacturers are overseas? While I'm aware tpe has certain chemicals that would be difficult for a company to manufacture dolls in the USA, that said, I for one would be MUCH more likely to buy a doll manufactured in the USA and I would be willing to pay quite a bit more for that piece of mind.
Why? Because a product made here and bought here is alot easier to exert customer rights on. At the end of the day, buying from a China company affords us zero rights. If the vendor doesn't step up, generally we're screwed. True, you can possibly get a third party to step in and help, but if the door slams on them...we're screwed.
Products manufactured in the USA are under the scrutiny of Consumer Affairs with the The Federal Trade Commission and THEY can exert lots of pressure on a USA based company. Not so much (reads not at all) with a China based company. Maybe a little with a vendor selling Chinese manufactured products, but not much given a vendor can just close up shop and walk away. Not so easy for a fully vested USA based manufacturing company.
And yes there are a few exceptions (a few USA based manufacturers) but the selection of products is quite limiting.
Oh, and the answer my own question-they are mainly based in China because those companies are fully aware of what they can get away with in the export (the lion's share of their trade).

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

After feeling for the two bolts that need to be tightened, I believe the ankle issue can be done without even cutting the doll open.
Just need a wrench and hold the foot steady and turn the wrench to the right.
My doll was already open because I was inputting a special gadget so she could stand.
http://dolldesire.com/
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

Agalmatoreveur

Post by Agalmatoreveur »

Jeff, I've seen a video of a guy tightening these bolts after cutting the doll open. My doll doesn't have a floppy foot, but the ankle joints could do with tightening to stop one swivelling, and allow the other to swivel more. It would be nice to be able to do this without cutting the doll open - have you had experience with using the wrench method through the TPE? Would the TPE stand this type of treatment, ie. the sharp edges of the wrench tightening metal bolts through its surface?

INFORMATIONS