Starpery.com

New video - TPE repairs, a comprehensive tutorial

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Mishka1965
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

New video - TPE repairs, a comprehensive tutorial

Post by Mishka1965 »

Today, finally finished a tutorial on youtube regarding repairing TPE damage. I demonstrate 4 different injuries to TPE that can occur, and how easy you can fix these.
What you need is a hot air gun and a temp IR gun to monitor temps as the TPE melts and anneals. I hope you see that this method works quite well for almost all repairs.
So far I can repair any damage like cuts, nicks, abrasions and skeleton hole thru punctures, etc.. Also groin tears and separation.
I do not cover Vaginal/anal rips where extra material is needed. I can cover this in a future video.

Anyway, give this a go, and you may be real happy with the effort!

Sorry for my accent, I'm not an English native speaker, but I try my best :)

Enjoy
Mishka

Photographer and Doll Enthusiast
2018-2021 Photographing for JIUSHENG-DOLL,6YE,SinoDoll
2022-2023 Photographer/Reviewer for Zelex, TAYU, MRD and IronTech

Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/Mishka_1965
Instagram Page:https://www.instagram.com/_mishka1965_/

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Re: New video - TPE repairs, a comprehensive tutorial

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

Outstanding video Mishka! Very professional, in depth, and easy to follow. :thumbs_up:
And you accent is just fine! You speak better English than I do! :D
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

Mishka1965
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Mishka1965 »

Thanks, this was a great vid to make and hope people find it useful. Very easy to apply this to your doll and make them look new.

Mishka

30pointbuck

Post by 30pointbuck »

Thank you for making the video! I love this technique. It looks to be highly effective and somewhat simple with a little practice.

As a side note I find it pretty humorous when a guy who could teach an English course says stuff like "Sorry for my accent". :roll: :lol:

Zippy81
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Zippy81 »

Wow! Thanks a bunch mishka! :) maybe I can do this on my dolls shoulder scrape from where she fell.. I do have a question though.

For the skin shine dulling do you think a foam stippler brush would work?Or do you think the heat would melt the foam?
51m245ixS5L._SX425_.jpg
I use those on sculpts done with monster clay after using isopropyl miristat to smooth the surface of the clay. Doing dab motions like you did in the video it creates softened microsurface texture similar to sand paper.

mala78
Ex-Member

Post by mala78 »

Mishka1965 wrote:Today, finally finished a tutorial on youtube regarding repairing TPE damage. I demonstrate 4 different injuries to TPE that can occur, and how easy you can fix these.
What you need is a hot air gun and a temp IR gun to monitor temps as the TPE melts and anneals. I hope you see that this method works quite well for almost all repairs.
So far I can repair any damage like cuts, nicks, abrasions and skeleton hole thru punctures, etc.. Also groin tears and separation.
I do not cover Vaginal/anal rips where extra material is needed. I can cover this in a future video.

Anyway, give this a go, and you may be real happy with the effort!

Sorry for my accent, I'm not an English native speaker, but I try my best :)

Enjoy
Mishka

Great video man.
Very helpful for the TDF community.

Mishka1965
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Mishka1965 »

Zippy81 wrote:Wow! Thanks a bunch mishka! :) maybe I can do this on my dolls shoulder scrape from where she fell.. I do have a question though.

For the skin shine dulling do you think a foam stippler brush would work?Or do you think the heat would melt the foam?
51m245ixS5L._SX425_.jpg
I use those on sculpts done with monster clay after using isopropyl miristat to smooth the surface of the clay. Doing dab motions like you did in the video it creates softened microsurface texture similar to sand paper.

No idea if the foam will survive, but it might get 'clogged' with moulten tpe with time, and may just break into bits and get into the cut and that's something you would test on a test piece.

Mishka

Mishka1965
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Mishka1965 »

30pointbuck wrote:Thank you for making the video! I love this technique. It looks to be highly effective and somewhat simple with a little practice.

As a side note I find it pretty humorous when a guy who could teach an English course says stuff like "Sorry for my accent". :roll: :lol:

Yeah I have been in the US for some years, so I have to be good at the language, but the accent has been troublesome in some talks I do at work. I try.
Speak Czech and Afrikaans (ZA) (is where accent is from)

Mishka

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

TDF admins...
Make this post a sticky!!
Nicely done.

Gordonis

Post by Gordonis »

Great job on the video! Very easy and informative to follow and your English is excellent! Looking forward to your video on the vaginal tear repair. I bought a soldering iron and practiced on my doll's feet. It definitely requires finesse and a lot of experience to get it looking like new again. I'm off to buy a heat gun now.

Thanks Mishka :thumbs_up:

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

Gordonis wrote:Great job on the video! Very easy and informative to follow and your English is excellent! Looking forward to your video on the vaginal tear repair. I bought a soldering iron and practiced on my doll's feet. It definitely requires finesse and a lot of experience to get it looking like new again. I'm off to buy a heat gun now.

Thanks Mishka :thumbs_up:
Depending on type of cut. You can seal with your iron, then put finishing touches with hot air. Cannot have enough useful tools in TPE repair.
I find the solder iron indispensable when needing to add/melt tpe into a cut or hole. Practice makes almost perfect. :)

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

Zippy81 wrote:Wow! Thanks a bunch mishka! :) maybe I can do this on my dolls shoulder scrape from where she fell.. I do have a question though.

51m245ixS5L._SX425_.jpg
Moisten the foam with baby oil, and it may be alright. 600 grit wet/dry oil drenched sandpaper is an even better texture. :)

philpw99

Post by philpw99 »

Thank you so much Mishka!! I am also learning this craft, and your video helped tremendously! I have a hot air workstation now, and will definitely practice on your instructions!
The one and only: Debbie from Doll4E
Maker of Doll33: a doll talking app. Come to your local app store soon. :)
The Doll33 App with F-Mode Version 1.2, exclusively for TDF members.
AlexaTilbrook's Mirror link for my app. Version 1.2
For more info, go to doll33.com.

Zippy81
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Zippy81 »

Mishka1965 wrote:

51m245ixS5L._SX425_.jpg

No idea if the foam will survive, but it might get 'clogged' with moulten tpe with time, and may just break into bits and get into the cut and that's something you would test on a test piece.

Mishka
Okay thanks for the reply! :D

Zippy81
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Zippy81 »

RGC_0767 wrote:

51m245ixS5L._SX425_.jpg
Moisten the foam with baby oil, and it may be alright. 600 grit wet/dry oil drenched sandpaper is an even better texture. :)
Cool! Thanks for the tip RGC :)

INFORMATIONS