Starpery.com

Maintenance day made easy...

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Dollover2000
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Maintenance day made easy...

Post by Dollover2000 »

I have read various things about various ways to maintain our Dolls. From “do half and roll her over and do the other half”, to people trying to take their doll into a bathtub full of water. 8O
I’m not a big guy, and I needed to make this as easy as possible.
I found a stud in the ceiling centered above the shower, screwed in a heavy duty bike hook, (I weigh 140 pounds and I can hang from it) got some chain to the desired length, a neck eye bolt, a couple steel rings/S-hooks...and tada! I can wash her (cover the neck hole with a sandwich bag), dry her, oil her (I lay a towel down in the tub for that), and powder her all in one place without having to continuously move her about. One stop, in and out. Safer for her, safer for me. If you don’t have to “hide your girl” then I definitely recommend this method. It’s easier for me also because I have a lot of dolls. I know some people like the “intimacy“ that goes with the cleaning/maintenance, and some just want to get it done and get to the “fun“! :D
Attachments
190D8B23-ABF7-400A-9597-03C59DD81B4F.png
190D8B23-ABF7-400A-9597-03C59DD81B4F.png (4.37 MiB) Viewed 1271 times
B96C8698-471C-4A1E-BA11-F938D9654E33.png
B96C8698-471C-4A1E-BA11-F938D9654E33.png (4.7 MiB) Viewed 1271 times
WM168F
WM168E
165cm
165cm
158cm
SY165#126

The Wrangler

Re: Maintenance day made easy...

Post by The Wrangler »

That's brilliant! I've been struggling for a better, safer way to do maintenance on the doll.
I'll have to do this once I locate an eye bolt that matches my doll (I've only had it for 1 day).

Thanks for sharing the idea

Vegas Rick
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Vegas Rick »

The Wrangler wrote:That's brilliant! I've been struggling for a better, safer way to do maintenance on the doll.
I'll have to do this once I locate an eye bolt that matches my doll (I've only had it for 1 day).

Thanks for sharing the idea
I took Dollover2000's great idea and ran with it.

I have the common one-piece acrylic alcove bathtub and shower, with three sidewalls, for bathing my girl. Having her lie down, sit, or stand against the wall doesn’t do it for me…. that’s bad for both my back and attitude.

Now I can do it with her hanging in the air from a heavy duty pipe (*see materials list below) that I cut to rest on top of the sides. I considered hanging her from a ceiling hook, like Dollover2000 showed for his shower, but the pipe lets me position her back and forth in my tub. It’s strong enough to do chin-ups.

To make it all even easier, I use Indigo's magnetic head connectors to just pop off her head instead of having to unscrew it every time I want to give a bath or change her clothes. The head sticks onto one of MannequinFan's magnetic head stands, for storage, doing makeup, and maintaining wigs.

I can now stand next to her in the tub, on a non-slip mat, where she’s really easy to handle and rotate. Washing is a snap using a hand-held shower-head, and a spray bottle of 5:1 water with mild Dawn dish soap. I do a gentle scrub with a microfiber cloth. I use the same slightly soapy scrub cloth to give her head a very light cleaning, avoiding the makeup areas. After rinsing her off, she gets a wipe-down with more microfiber cleaning cloths.

I did a bath a few days ago. After letting her hang for a while to finish drying, it was back into the tub to Vaseline her stress spots – elbows, knees, wrists, ankles, and groin. Then I applied the mineral oil and massaged it around with my hands (NOT a chore!) until I got that nice light sheen all over.

After about 6 hours -- the Vaseline takes a long time to be absorbed -- I went back in the shower to powder her up with cornstarch (perfume added). A big powder puff applied the powder nicely, and a large makeup brush blended it evenly. Then she went back to hanging up in my closet on another hook to rest until it’s time for our next date. :lol:

Cleanup is always easy since I found out about vinegar and soap. I just spray everything with white distilled vinegar and Dawn dish soap, mixed 50/50**, and come back later and spray it off. It’s magic: oils, soap scum, calcium, lime stains, grime all disappear.

I don’t plan on taking down the pipe hanger -- douching in between monthly baths will now be easy! -- unless I’m expecting company and want to avoid questions.

*Materials - $55: I didn’t want the weight of the pipe resting directly on the acrylic wall. I used U-Bolts to clamp metal right-angle braces (some hole drilling needed) to the ends of the pipe. This puts all the weight on the brackets instead of on small points of contact by the pipe. For even more acrylic protection, I stuck strips of self-adhesive little bumpers under the angle brackets, and on their backs next to the drywall.

Pipe: $21.19 for “Stanley Hardware S820-076 BB8182 Chrome Rod” (1 5/16 inch) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0011 ... UTF8&psc=1

U Bolts: $8.51 for “National Hardware N222-133 2190 U Bolts in Zinc, #516 - 5/16" x 1-3/8" x 3-3/4"” https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000B ... D666&psc=1

Angle brackets: $11.48 for two “Simpson Strong Tie LS30Z ZMAX Galvanized 18-Gauge 3-3/8-Inch Adjustable L-Angle” https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001I ... UTF8&psc=1

Hanging Eyebolts: $10.29 for “Eyed Threaded Nuts, Ideaker Silver 304 Stainless Steel European Style M16 Ring Shape Eye Bolts Pack Of 2” https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01K4 ... UTF8&psc=1

S-hooks: $5.19 for two “5/16 X 4” zinc large s-hook” (pair)” https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K2 ... UTF8&psc=1

**Fill a spray bottle half full with white vinegar. Heat for 2 minutes in microwave. Fill it up with “Dawn Dishwashing Liquid Dish Soap” and shake gently. They bond with the heat. Best cleaning solution ever for toilets, sinks, tubs and showers. Spray it on and let it sit for minutes, hours, or overnight, depending on how bad the problem, then spray it off. No scrubbing required unless you’ve got some really bad stains, then some wiping down with a dry washcloth or towel might be needed. $12.68 for two large 56oz bottles of Dawn dish soap: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01H7 ... UTF8&psc=1

soniawm172cm

Post by soniawm172cm »

thanx for the idea! I leave the head on and remove the wig. I place her against the wall so she is not standing directly in the water flow I would hate to get water inside the body. I use a luffa thingy with feminine body soap. air dry for a few hours and always powder afterwards. I squirt her down with powder and lightly brush with a makeup brush and then I fling the powder dust from the makeup brush that I used all over her and leave it for a day or two. but be careful that you don't let the metal from the makeup brush come in contact with her cause it will slice in and make a scratch which will possibly expand

INFORMATIONS