Starpery.com

Does baby oil fade the TPE skin tone?

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
ZenDude
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Does baby oil fade the TPE skin tone?

Post by ZenDude »

Hello guys,

I was wondering, does the skin tone (NOT THE AREOLA/LABIA) of the doll fade overtime?

Meaning does it fade to a point and maintain the color?

Or, does baby oil bath help fade the skin tone faster?

Evictus
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Does baby oil fade the TPE skin tone?

Post by Evictus »

Hey. How's it going. I've been thinking about baby/mineral oil, and I wouldn't really recommend it. I gave my TPE doll a mineral oil bath when I first got it based on the recommendations of the forum, but I think it causes delamination. The outer layers start separating and I think that mineral oil causes it by breaking down outer layers of the TPE when it absorbs the oil.

ZenDude
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by ZenDude »

Evictus wrote:Hey. How's it going. I've been thinking about baby/mineral oil, and I wouldn't really recommend it. I gave my TPE doll a mineral oil bath when I first got it based on the recommendations of the forum, but I think it causes delamination. The outer layers start separating and I think that mineral oil causes it by breaking down outer layers of the TPE when it absorbs the oil.
I never oiled it yet, but man how is that happening to your doll?

I only meant to fade her skin color though.

RainKing
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by RainKing »

It can damage semi-permanent makeup which is used on the nipples and labia.

I only use mineral oil to help remove the dirt/old powder stuck in pores that the soap can't seem to get.
MDBG
Formerly known as SillyconeLover (it was only for a week)

ZenDude
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by ZenDude »

RainKing wrote:It can damage semi-permanent makeup which is used on the nipples and labia.

I only use mineral oil to help remove the dirt/old powder stuck in pores that the soap can't seem to get.
But will baby oil fade the skin tone of the doll?
Thank you.

Cubiko
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Cubiko »

First, there is no reason whatsoever to oil a brand new doll. The doll is full of oil when she is new, and overdoing the oiling with frequent oil «baths» for a new doll might cause more damage than good.

Oil effectively removes the make up and added colour like nipples etc., correct. So it will make the doll look dull and «doll like» if you do not re-apply the make up afterwards. Or you can avoid oiling those areas.
A TPE doll is a massive lump of coloured TPE material and so the skin colour goes all the way through to the skeleton. The skin or flesh colour was mixed into the TPE material before the doll was made so you will never be able to fade the colour.
As for delamination; there is no outer layer on a TPE doll, so there is nothing to remove. Silicone ladies have such a layer.

ZenDude
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by ZenDude »

mandos wrote:First, there is no reason whatsoever to oil a brand new doll. The doll is full of oil when she is new, and overdoing the oiling with frequent oil «baths» for a new doll might cause more damage than good.

Oil effectively removes the make up and added colour like nipples etc., correct. So it will make the doll look dull and «doll like» if you do not re-apply the make up afterwards. Or you can avoid oiling those areas.
A TPE doll is a massive lump of coloured TPE material and so the skin colour goes all the way through to the skeleton. The skin or flesh colour was mixed into the TPE material before the doll was made so you will never be able to fade the colour.
As for delamination; there is no outer layer on a TPE doll, so there is nothing to remove. Silicone ladies have such a layer.
Thank you, mandos for the in-depth information.

The reason of this topic is because I figured that my doll's skin color was too much, I think she'll look more natural if faded a bit, so I was looking for ways to faded out some color but since that's the case, I might as well accept it.

Cubiko
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Cubiko »

If you powder the doll it will actually fade the colour and make it a little paler, but just temporary or until you wash the powder off. :)

ZenDude
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by ZenDude »

mandos wrote:If you powder the doll it will actually fade the colour and make it a little paler, but just temporary or until you wash the powder off. :)
Thanks for the tip, although this method doesn't really made much of a difference.

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

Powder is mainly for a cure to the sticky skin. after a sponge bath or an oil wipe down skin will be real sticky. :) So the powder helps smooth her skin. It will dull the skin, making it less shiny, I kind of like the shiny skin a bit. Kinda sexy :) But the sticky skin is a pain, every little piece of lint, specks, even her wigs stick to it

I've not oiled my doll for a couple of months now.
The last oil job I had used coconut oil LOL Many had recommended not to do that, but I did not see any ill effect. I did not use much anyway. So been washing her with sponge baths to kind of let that seep out.
One more soapy sponge bath, a light wipe with a mineral oil coated lint free cloth, (really shows the grime on cloth) and it's time for powder.

Mandos is bang on as usual! Tpe colors are pigmented into the mix at mold time, it's not a airbrushed color.

ZenDude
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by ZenDude »

RGC_0767 wrote:Powder is mainly for a cure to the sticky skin. after a sponge bath or an oil wipe down skin will be real sticky. :) So the powder helps smooth her skin. It will dull the skin, making it less shiny, I kind of like the shiny skin a bit. Kinda sexy :) But the sticky skin is a pain, every little piece of lint, specks, even her wigs stick to it

The last oil job I had used coconut oil LOL Many had recommended not to do that, but I did not see any ill effect. I did not use much anyway. So been washing her with sponge baths to kind of let that seep out.
One more soapy sponge bath, a light wipe with a mineral oil coated lint free cloth, (really shows the grime on cloth) and it's time for powder.

Mandos is bang on as usual! Tpe colors are pigmented into the mix at mold time, it's not a airbrushed color.
Thank you for filling me in, at least now I know my doll manufacturer isn't telling me the truth when I asked them this question.

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

ZenDude wrote:
RGC_0767 wrote:Powder is mainly for a cure to the sticky skin. after a sponge bath or an oil wipe down skin will be real sticky. :) So the powder helps smooth her skin. It will dull the skin, making it less shiny, I kind of like the shiny skin a bit. Kinda sexy :) But the sticky skin is a pain, every little piece of lint, specks, even her wigs stick to it

Thank you for filling me in, at least now I know my doll manufacturer isn't telling me the truth when I asked them this question.
Uh oh!!
The hounds may get released, but what were they telling you?. You do not have to name names or anything.
Be interesting to know what they're saying.

ZenDude
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by ZenDude »

RGC_0767 wrote:
ZenDude wrote:

Uh oh!!
The hounds may get released, but what were they telling you?. You do not have to name names or anything.
Well I told them the color isn't what I expected, to clarify, she looks beautiful.
But still, I thought the color was too much in person, which the factory photo seemed natural.

So I asked them, "will the color fade a bit and all?", and first they say it'll never fade, but after they change their respond to "yes, they'll change after a month or so"

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

ZenDude wrote:
RGC_0767 wrote:
ZenDude wrote:

Uh oh!!
Well I told them the color isn't what I expected, to clarify, she looks beautiful.
But still, I thought the color was too much in person, which the factory photo seemed natural.

So I asked them, "will the color fade a bit and all?", and first they say it'll never fade, but after they change their respond to "yes, they'll change after a month or so"
You'll get used to her. Color on my lady is all dependent on lighting. Sometimes she looks like a real tanned beach bunny, other times she looks pale :)
8 months in for my doll. she has not changed color.
One dress made her look chubby as if she'd put on weight though lol.

Enjoy her!! Thats what it's all about!
:multi:

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

overdoing the oiling with frequent oil «baths» for a new doll might cause more damage than good.
True that!
Indigo20 had to warn people about what can happen when over oiling your doll so MANDOS is spot on.
Whether you decider to follow the protocol for the 1st five days is upto you, but think of it this way.
They powder the dolls before taking pics
If TPE absorbs so much stuff, is just washing your doll with soap and water going to get it all out.
Please read what another person says they use to get out dirt and grime.
Nope
The oiling is sort of like a blood transfusion if that makes sense and how often you do it can depend upon your doll and use.
Some people have had great luck NEVER oiling a doll like Mandos.
Other have had a doll drying out and were amazed how quickly the vaseline and oil helped the areas "cracking"
Best,
Jeff and Nyoko

INFORMATIONS