Starpery.com

Need help! Used wrong baby powder...

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
targan
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Need help! Used wrong baby powder...

Post by targan »

So I got this new TPE doll, after a week I washed her, cleaned her holes and powdered her. However where I live they only sell Talcium-based baby powder, so right after I used it, I noticed multiple white lines on the skin of the doll which won't come off by washing or using non-alchoholic cleaning tissues. Those are not scratches since I feel the skin soft and smooth. Naturally I ordered online some cornstash-based baby powder and am using only it from now on. So my question is - will these white powder lines come off eventually on their own or do I need to use something to clean them? And if so - what should I use exactly?

jokerisalive
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Need help! Used wrong baby powder...

Post by jokerisalive »

cornstarch based is best or just plain cornstarch itself buddy. the talcum must have had some type of reaction im guessing. wash her again, dry her off and then get the new powder and she will be fine.

targan
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by targan »

Thanx. Do I need to wash her right away? Because my cornstarsh powder will take a couple of weeks to reach me.

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Talc is usually fine

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

The Romantic
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by The Romantic »

I just use cornstarch from the grocery store. But I doubt your talc has permanently stained the TPE, the whitish lines are probably just areas where the talc accumulated heavier because the TPE was still damp when applied. Try dry brushing with a makeup brush. It should be fine.
"Romance is the glamour which turns the dust of everyday life into a golden haze."

jokerisalive
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by jokerisalive »

yeah you can get cornstarch powder at the grocery store or any rite aid or walgreens.

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

Do make sure she is dry after bath before powdering. Usually an hour or so after bath. Powder goes gummy if she's a bit moist.

Corn starch is good and a little goes quite a ways. Grocery baking aisle you'll find it.

I scent mine with perfume. Just some mists of perfume in the container I keep corn starch and blush brush.

Options are yours.

Enjoy your toy!!

Chuck Norris
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Chuck Norris »

like the above. cornstarch is the way to way to go.
But if is she new and still leaching oil, you will have to cornstarch her often as the smooth skin feeling will not last that long. (2-3 times a day) depending on how often you have fun with her,change clothes etc...

targan
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by targan »

This is how the white talcium marks look like. First tried drybrushing with a makeup brush. Didn't work. Second, tried washing just the hand (soap and water). Didn't work. So I am open for suggestions. Anyone seen stuff like that on their doll and how should I clean it. Or will it wane over time? And how much time? Do I need to use baby oil or vaseline to clean it? Other suggestions? Thanx in advance.

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

targan wrote: This is how the white talcium marks look like. First tried drybrushing with a makeup brush. Didn't work. Second, tried washing just the hand (soap and water). Didn't work. So I am open for suggestions. Anyone seen stuff like that on their doll and how should I clean it. Or will it wane over time? And how much time? Do I need to use baby oil or vaseline to clean it? Other suggestions? Thanx in advance.
Mineral oil/Baby oil lifts many things from TPE, gunk, etc. Put a bit on a microfiber cloth, wipe a small area and see

targan
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by targan »

Baby oil did the trick. However I do need further help/advice with powdering the doll before my new cornstarsh-based powder arrives. How should I do it to avoid marks like that from appearing ever again? Do I need some sort of special tool? And the powder skin whitening is not so nice to look at - any advice on how to avoid it?

targan
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by targan »

Never mind, guys, thanx for all the advice. First used baby oil to complete clean the doll (quite a lot of talc and dirt cleaned only via baby oil) then I let her dry from the oil and powdered her with regular cornstarsh+only a scent of perfume via a large makeup brush. Now she looks, feels and smells amazing, and has no white lines on her skin whatsoever.
However I have another question - is baby oil damaging the doll and how frequently may I use it for cleaning purposes? Water + antibacterial soap don't do their job that well, it seems.

Chuck Norris
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Chuck Norris »

Hard to tell bud.
You did not say what type of doll you got. All manufacture have different specs.
Mine is still leeching oil after 3 months.
You are correct about water+soap that is not working.
Baby oil is magic to cleaning her off but do not over do it. I would say maybe every 1 -2 months

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

I oil mine every 3 months or so. WM125 less than a year old. Never had any oil leeching issues at all.

Chuck Norris
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Chuck Norris »

Mr Franz wrote:I oil mine every 3 months or so. WM125 less than a year old. Never had any oil leeching issues at all.
/Sigh! Really Mr Franz? Never leech oil? Damn! Guess I will go with WM for my next one. Mine is an AS and stain the place all over
Attachments
where her arm was resting
where her arm was resting
IMG_0757.jpg (298.87 KiB) Viewed 1838 times

INFORMATIONS