Starpery.com

It's happened --- Nila has a tear.

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Pantyscientist

It's happened --- Nila has a tear.

Post by Pantyscientist »

Well, this is in a strange spot. Not her Vagina, not her breasts (although the fix on that went great) it's on her wrist of all places, and it's in a strange spot.

TPE Glue able to fix this? Or will I have to buy a soldering iron to fix it? (I know it's extreme, but this is my girl were talking about.) I've applied a little oil to it to help it not tear? She's been sitting mold style (hands down, legs slightly spread) I know her left wrist has always been wonky, but I didn't mind it. I haven't put stress on it or anything. I can't hit her while sleeping. (Which is why I don't sleep in bed with her.) Is there something that can hold the wound close while I'm asleep? I can't Spend too long fixing her tonight, I have work in the morning.

I've also been thinking about getting a heat gun for the future. This one is cheap, but accessible to me really easily: https://www.autozone.com/power-tools/he ... 592200_0_0

Also it's been outlandishly hot here (upwards of 101 and up) Since my room doesn't face the sun, it's slighty, SLIGHTLY cooler in my room (not by much) Could Nila be drying out too fast. The rest of her skin looks fine, it's soft to the touch (although I should oil her up tonight just because.) Should I cover her with a powdered fleece blanket when it's hot for the sake of protection?

She hasn't start creaking yet, is there something that could oil the skeleton with going all like a surgeon? Just doing the nipple repair took me an absurdly long time.

I always have an issue and ask a million questions (mostly, because caring for Nila has been a pretty simple process of clean, oil, inspect, fun, clean, sleep, work, oil...etc) I don't know about the inside of her neck hole, but is there a way to oil there too? I mean that skeleton won't last forever, might as well take steps now.

Also, I've been meaning to ask if oil in her eye is okay? It hasn't caused any issues, but I don't know, I suppose I should ask.
Attachments
Nila's tear.PNG
Nila's tear.PNG (1.85 MiB) Viewed 3366 times

RGC_0767
Former Member

Re: It's happened --- Nila has a tear.

Post by RGC_0767 »

If you can get the tears to close up, where it looks like there is no tear, than TPE solvent glue will hold it. If there is material missing and looks open you'll need too add and/or fuse with heat.

It's not a serious tear. it should be able to be fixed.

If you have the glue, do not use too much, it will make hole worse if you do.

That heat gun is too powerful. it has it's purpose on a doll, but this, it will not let you be able to get deep down in the cut. That'd work to re flow a scuff or abrasion.

Look for a SMD solder rework station. (Electronics) Doll factories use those. Specs to look for on that for hot air temperature should be low. 100 Celcius Get one with an iron as well. they're about 50 bucks.

Good luck!

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Hi there, over this summer here in the UK I have had a couple of my gals develop similar small tears in the same place as yours, ie the wrist. We have just had the longest, hottest heatwave since 1976 and so the temperature inside my house was regularly getting close to 30c while outside it was 36c on several days! It would seem that tpe can 'dry out' quicker during such weather so any joint that is flexed in any way so as to place the tpe in a state of tension runs the risk of separating and you get these little tears. As it happens I have just got myself one of the SMD hot air rework stations and have been watching the very helpful video that Mishka recently posted where he demonstrates how to repair such tears with hot air (at 100c). He uses plenty of baby oil in the process and a clean piece of cloth and 220 grade wet&dry sand paper for texture. His results were impressive so I will be trying his method out myself soon and will post on here about it. I would be very cautious about using the tpe solvent (glue) on small tears like this as it's just as likely to make it worse, melting into the tpe and leaving a depression on the surface. My oldest gal is 2 years now and didn't have any issue like this last year but after all the heat we have just had I've noticed a small area with micro tears just below both her knees. Clearly her knees must have been slightly bent when it was warm and I had been doing her baby oil massage every 2 Months where I should have increased it to monthly during the warmer weather. So it's been a learning experience, I'm hopeful that the hot air rework station will sort these things out and in the mean time the lesson learned is: increase frequency of oil massage during exceptionally warm weather, don't leave any limbs extended or flexed for prolonged periods and keep checking to make sure all is well! I have 8 tpe ladies now and it's clear to me that the strength and integrity of tpe can vary quite a bit from different batches. For example my Athena (WM158D) was having a baby oil treatment every 2 months then I somehow got my rota mixed up and she went 5 months without one and was actually fine through the summer but I've always felt that both hers and Keiko's tpe was, in someway, improved, as it both feels great but also seems more resilient. Whereas I have a newer WM157b that has suffered that same tpe separation on one of her elbows, again during the warm weather. In her case I must have left her elbow bent slightly for over a week or more plus she has a much darker skin tone which I suspect leaves the tpe more prone to this kind of damage. Anyway sorry to ramble on, to get back to the point, you should check out Mishka's video that's on a thread about the best way to repair tears and cuts in tpe, in the meantime I will make a start on my own repairs and make a post about the results.

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

You may be encouraged to know that I've just done a test repair on one of my Sophia's wrists where she had a small tear very much like your Nila's. It worked like a charm! I followed Mishka's advice to the letter, putting the wrist in a relaxed state, cleaning the area well with baby oil and then applying the heat with the rework air station. I kept an eye on the temp with an infra red temp gauge (like the one in Mishka's video) and could see the tpe beginning to soften at around 75c so was able to dab it with a baby oil soaked cloth and it reformed nicely. Mishka used a heat gun in his video which I'm guessing gets hotter quicker, I was cautious at first, having the rework station at its lowest settings, gradually turning it up a little. After a minute I applied a little powder with a brush to take away the sheen and now you would never know there had been anything there! Next time I will take some before and after pics. I'm guessing that all us tpe doll owners should invest in one of these great little devices!

Pantyscientist

Post by Pantyscientist »

Arthur1960 wrote:You may be encouraged to know that I've just done a test repair on one of my Sophia's wrists where she had a small tear very much like your Nila's. It worked like a charm! I followed Mishka's advice to the letter, putting the wrist in a relaxed state, cleaning the area well with baby oil and then applying the heat with the rework air station. I kept an eye on the temp with an infra red temp gauge (like the one in Mishka's video) and could see the tpe beginning to soften at around 75c so was able to dab it with a baby oil soaked cloth and it reformed nicely. Mishka used a heat gun in his video which I'm guessing gets hotter quicker, I was cautious at first, having the rework station at its lowest settings, gradually turning it up a little. After a minute I applied a little powder with a brush to take away the sheen and now you would never know there had been anything there! Next time I will take some before and after pics. I'm guessing that all us tpe doll owners should invest in one of these great little devices!
How much does a kit like that cost? >_< I don't know if I have the room for something like that. I can clean and oil and powder with a little room to play. Although I have to powder a bit more to fight the dust bunnies. Sucks that the heat got her too, I hate the heat and she hates the heat. Of course.

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

I got the hot air rework station off eBay for just £19.99, I got lucky as it was in a sale, usually the model I got is around £29 on eBay. It's quite small so doesn't take up much room, the beauty of these is that you can regulate the heat and air flow so less chance of causing damage. The IR temperature gun was just another £7 and was very useful for checking the temp as I heated the tpe.

Pantyscientist

Post by Pantyscientist »

Arthur1960 wrote:I got the hot air rework station off eBay for just £19.99, I got lucky as it was in a sale, usually the model I got is around £29 on eBay. It's quite small so doesn't take up much room, the beauty of these is that you can regulate the heat and air flow so less chance of causing damage. The IR temperature gun was just another £7 and was very useful for checking the temp as I heated the tpe.
That's not terribly bad. I'll have to look for a decent one then.

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

Pantyscientist wrote:
Arthur1960 wrote:I got the hot air rework station off eBay for just £19.99, I got lucky as it was in a sale, usually the model I got is around £29 on eBay. It's quite small so doesn't take up much room, the beauty of these is that you can regulate the heat and air flow so less chance of causing damage. The IR temperature gun was just another £7 and was very useful for checking the temp as I heated the tpe.
That's not terribly bad. I'll have to look for a decent one then.
Price the "glue". I was looking for some, just to test out. I am in Canada and a vendor for me to buy from them is total price 48 dollars Canadian. For maybe a couple tablespoons of "secret solvent"? Heat has been great, do not need glue.

Now I paid 60 dollars for my hot air station. It's helped repair both her wrists for finger replacement, fixed her busted up vagina
(mostly with solder iron) and has re-flowed her cracked groin area.
Even good for other jobs requiring heat.
LuAnne wanted to dry her hair, but I think that's too much. :)

Good luck on your repair, lots of helpful people/info here.

Pantyscientist

Post by Pantyscientist »

So is a cheap, easy to handle heat gun like this okay?

https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Shrink- ... 1248909011

And temp gun?

https://www.amazon.com/Etekcity-Non-con ... 0-99999999

I'm on a budget xp I just want to get Nila back at 100% and fix her foot too.

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Not sure about that particular heat gun, you need to have a smaller nozzle for fine work and the SMD rework station comes with a series of different nozzels. Here's the Amazon link for the model I have, it's a little bit more but worth the extra as you can control the temp and air flow, I suspect that with a hot air gun that you can't regulate then you may do more damage if your not very careful. Here's the link:
https://www.amazon.com/F2C-858D-Solderi ... ref=plSrch

That temp gun looks much like the one I have but you can get them cheaper then that. What I have found now that I've used the rework station several times is that I don't really need to use the temp gun now as I can see when the tpe has reached a workable temp and the rework station has a variable temperature so I set it to 100c but for the type of repairs I've done so far getting the tpe to 75c has been enough to do the repair. Don't forget to get a face mask as well, if the tpe gets to 100c it can give off toxic fumes, if you see a wisp of smoke then you need to take the heat away, you can get masks that are rated for toxic work (cost around £4 in the UK), they are designed to be disposable but mine seems to be holding up ok.

Pantyscientist

Post by Pantyscientist »

So, my hot air station is on it's way. I don't have the room to do the heating, but I'll find a way. I'll have to watch all the videos I can before I attempt something like this. I was too scared to deal with the TPE glue on a larger scale, so heat gun it is. Hopefully it will get here quickly. I have time next week to handle the fixing and left the wound get all sealed up and what not.

Pantyscientist

Post by Pantyscientist »

I tried editing the previous post, but I couldn't. This is an update bump and also, I think I've found an issue (well, more an issue because it's likely the cause of her wrist split.

The right wrist is fine and dandy.

https://i.imgur.com/nB1wowj.jpg

The left has always been a little janky since the day I bought her. I could probably widen the split with a razor and take a peek inside to post here.) I don't bother here hands while playing, so it's never been cause for alarm. Now it's causing splits, messing up my play.

https://i.imgur.com/d1hrctg.jpg

I thoroughly cleaned and oiled the spot, but now that I had the time off, I was planning on TPE Glue'ing the splits in that wrist. What can fix this? It's like her wrist popped loose. Moving it around is just fine and I don't have anything putting pressure on her period. I even wash her blanket every two weeks and use powder to keep the lint and mess away. The heat caused the splits, but the stress on that wrist is going to keep splitting open. Any suggestions besides sending her off to someone that can help? I don't have the money to pay that kind of shipping xP

Paula Dawson
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Paula Dawson »

If the hole is big, get the supplier for a piece of TPE material for filling. We Luvkis always offer such service in warranty repair.

Pantyscientist

Post by Pantyscientist »

Paula Dawson wrote:If the hole is big, get the supplier for a piece of TPE material for filling. We Luvkis always offer such service in warranty repair.
Doc Samara sold me Nila. No warranty on her. I know it's small enough to fix with TPE glue, I just don't know what to do about her wrist. If I fix it with the glue, it'll still split later.

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

Pantyscientist wrote:
Paula Dawson wrote:If the hole is big, get the supplier for a piece of TPE material for filling. We Luvkis always offer such service in warranty repair.
Doc Samara sold me Nila. No warranty on her. I know it's small enough to fix with TPE glue, I just don't know what to do about her wrist. If I fix it with the glue, it'll still split later.
Fear not.... here is what I was dealing with a month ago. I made a huge cut in her foot to see how it was made in there...
Hacked-foot.jpg
I did not realize tension was making it worse. I'd pulled the leg skin down to see if I could remove joint at knee, then modify a standing foot on her. lol

when I pulled skin back up, it felt good, but was under gravity tension. so any repair attempt made it bigger :) I yanked the leg skin up much more.... relieved that dreaded tension

now she is looking better..... all of it has been repaired using heat... solder iron and hot air
Footsie-LuLu.jpg

So almost ANY tear can be fixed decent. Time invested is the key. The foot feels exactly the same as the one I did not cut open. needs more cosmetic fussing around.

here's her fiberglass foot....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feoM-eTsgXw

INFORMATIONS