Starpery.com

Welding up that DEEP cut in TPE

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
RGC_0767
Former Member

Welding up that DEEP cut in TPE

Post by RGC_0767 »

This is experimenting I've been playing with.

It's hot, it's dangerous, and effective to a point.

Just a crazy thing I was doing on a Sunday afternoon. Needs more tweaking. Works decent on a cut 1 inch or less, but I am trying to go deep!!! Like a sliced up ass deep!! LOL

Here is the video.... Like it , hate it, whatever, it was fun!! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJJoXWi ... e=youtu.be

ZenDude
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: Welding up that DEEP cut in TPE

Post by ZenDude »

How does this compare to using heat gun for sealing in your opinion?

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

Heat gun does a real nice job for surface cuts. and blending with texture. I've been practicing on how to melt TPE into a shallow hole with hot air gun, it works nice actually.

I'm brainstorming how this can be fixed:
20180816_002524.jpg
A heat gun wont be much help there. TPE "glue" for the price would be cheaper to buy another doll. The skeleton will be put back in, and will be fused back together somehow.

It's an experiment, this is a test. Deepest I could go with a heat knife was 2+ inches. Of course the first run will not get a complete fuse, but what holds so far is quite strong. Hot air on surface cleans it up decent, and seals the top. But deep down is what needs to be strong in this case.

The owner of this doll is a member here. he bought it cheap.
Rainking is his name.
He is a decent guy, I really hope he has success with getting this doll back together.
From the front I think doll is not a bad looking doll. skinny waist, but cute in her own way.

Was cut by original owner just to see what skeleton looks like.

We don't know unless we put an effort in.

Fantastic Plastic
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Fantastic Plastic »

That’s definitely a huge project, it’s going to take several passes for sure.

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

Fantastic Plastic wrote:That’s definitely a huge project, it’s going to take several passes for sure.
And a whole pile of Hail Mary's :)

I think once he gets going on it, and has some success however small they may be, I think it'll go ok. The butt will be the challenge. If he has good success getting that patched up, the rest will seem like childs play.

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

Ok...get some 50lb fishing line fine(0.1mm) and a sutre needle. Suture together a 1/2 inch apart at the lowest area of the cut.

This will form the tacks. Then it is layer welding in 2 inch sections. Once the routes are done all the way down the seam in 2 inch sections, do the next layer of suture tacks a few MM further up the cut towards the surface, and then repeat the process.

You may need some shaved tpe for filler from time to time. Use a ball tip on the soldering iron, mineral and do not let the iron touch the tpe. You can also feather with a heat gun to preheat and manipulate a shallow molten pool, bit you will need a switched on second par or coordinated hands to do this while you use the iron to form a shallow weld pool for each layered run.

The other option is mount her chassis in the original mold, melt down all her tpe and pour it all back in with an agitator to work out the air pockets....This might be quicker :lol:

Anung

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

Anung Un Rama wrote:Ok...get some 50lb fishing line fine(0.1mm) and a sutre needle. Suture together a 1/2 inch apart at the lowest area of the cut.

This will form the tacks. Then it is layer welding in 2 inch sections. Once the routes are done all the way down the seam in 2 inch sections, do the next layer of suture tacks a few MM further up the cut towards the surface, and then repeat the process.

You may need some shaved tpe for filler from time to time. Use a ball tip on the soldering iron, mineral and do not let the iron touch the tpe. You can also feather with a heat gun to preheat and manipulate a shallow molten pool, bit you will need a switched on second par or coordinated hands to do this while you use the iron to form a shallow weld pool for each layered run.

The other option is mount her chassis in the original mold, melt down all her tpe and pour it all back in with an agitator to work out the air pockets....This might be quicker :lol:

Anung
Getting seams on top flush will be the challenge.
Like the idea of threading spots to help hold though.
When all else fails, duct tape!!
Chemically trying to mend this doll would be be a bitch. and rather expensive.

Send it back to factory. she has split personalities, gimme another one!!

:)

Begog
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Begog »

Took guts to make a video like that. Interesting results. Thanks for sharing. :thumbs_up:

INFORMATIONS