Starpery.com

Arthur's tpe doll repair thread inc. Rachel's resurrection

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: My attempt to rescue a tpe gal destined for disposal!

Post by Arthur1960 »

When she arrived this ladies boobs were a little mishapen but after injecting a little air into her left breast and them popping a bra on her for a few days they look a lot more like they should which is a testament to how tpe can 'reform' after being squeezed out of shape, in this case for several months!...
Attachments
IMG_20181008_135628_566.jpg
IMG_20181008_135628_566.jpg (691.66 KiB) Viewed 2006 times
IMG_20181008_135646_207.jpg
IMG_20181008_135646_207.jpg (682.64 KiB) Viewed 2006 times

dollguy22

Post by dollguy22 »

RainKing wrote:Hey Aurthur,

Great work sir.. (I especially like how you have some framed pics of your girls there in the back ground... very sweet!)

Never think you bite off more than you can chew... Remember there is ALWAYS someone in worse shape than you when it comes to that..

I am sure you have seen my Project I just can't seem to get started on... (Short of time and privacy)

This one is going to be a whopper for me.
broken.jpg

Worse case I'll shorten the skeleton and make a torso out of her.

Looking forward to seeing your work

Have a good one.
This almost looks like a recasting is in order. The sheer damage and melting required to rebond all the skin, plus the major scar it would leave.

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Hi dollguy22, I suspect your comment was possibly meant for RainKings thread and not this one?

The Romantic
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by The Romantic »

I'm just stopping back by to drool over those wonderful boobs at the top of this page!!
"Romance is the glamour which turns the dust of everyday life into a golden haze."

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

The Romantic wrote:I'm just stopping back by to drool over those wonderful boobs at the top of this page!!
Ha ha, your a man after my own heart! Yes they do look rather good now, certainly a lot better than when they arrived. It always amazes me just how tpe can return to its original shape after being squashed up for a considerable time. I hope to crack on with the other repairs to this lady soon and then it will be interesting to see how well she photographs.

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

You are doing great work here Arthur :thumbs_up:

Potentially time for a new Avatar for you!

Anung :wink:

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Ha ha, nice one Anung, that did give me a chuckle!

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Just a couple of phone snaps of this rescued gal that is already looking a fair bit better. I'm particularly impressed how her tpe seems to have 'recovered' as it was very soft and sticky after being stored for several months and I had initially thought it was too far gone but after a thorough clean and then baby oil treatment followed by a good powder the next day her skin just looks and feels like tpe normally does. Hopefully I will soon tackle the holes in her elbows and I had better thin those eye brows before my daughter sees them! Also her hands seem to have recovered surprisingly well considering the fingers were all over the place with a wire poking out the back of the right hand. I had thought that all the wires had snapped when in fact it was just that they had come out of their springs which were still stuck in the palm plate so after a bit of fiddling they are looking to be good enough for photography work...
Attachments
IMG_20181029_131023_569.jpg
IMG_20181029_131023_569.jpg (393.19 KiB) Viewed 1927 times
IMG_20181029_125956_025.jpg
IMG_20181029_125956_025.jpg (340.18 KiB) Viewed 1927 times
IMG_20181029_125940_897.jpg
IMG_20181029_125940_897.jpg (404.45 KiB) Viewed 1927 times

djcdoll
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by djcdoll »

Arthur1960 wrote:Just a couple of phone snaps of this rescued gal that is already looking a fair bit better. I'm particularly impressed how her tpe seems to have 'recovered' as it was very soft and sticky after being stored for several months and I had initially thought it was too far gone but after a thorough clean and then baby oil treatment followed by a good powder the next day her skin just looks and feels like tpe normally does. Hopefully I will soon tackle the holes in her elbows and I had better thin those eye brows before my daughter sees them! Also her hands seem to have recovered surprisingly well considering the fingers were all over the place with a wire poking out the back of the right hand. I had thought that all the wires had snapped when in fact it was just that they had come out of their springs which were still stuck in the palm plate so after a bit of fiddling they are looking to be good enough for photography work...
I think she's looking a lot better now after all your hard work.
It's nice that she now has a home where she can be looked after by someone who cares about her. :thumbs_up:

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Thanks djcdoll, she's resting up on a bed in my spare room just now but like I said in the posting, I'm really surprised how the tpe has just bounced back. It was really sticky as I think she had been stored in a loft or something and had clearly got hot during the summer. I should have taken some pics of how she looked before hand and I will do that with the hole repairs that need to be done. I think it's important to share this info, especially when you see postings on here about tpe having a short life span and not being repairable etc. I just don't buy it, all my life I've fixed things rather than chuck them out, which is why my house is full of old stuff and I'm single! I'm pretty sure that I've got at least a couple of old radios that are as old as I am and still working so I shall take it as a challenge to keep my tpe gals going as long as possible!

djcdoll
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by djcdoll »

Arthur1960 wrote:Thanks djcdoll, she's resting up on a bed in my spare room just now but like I said in the posting, I'm really surprised how the tpe has just bounced back. It was really sticky as I think she had been stored in a loft or something and had clearly got hot during the summer. I should have taken some pics of how she looked before hand and I will do that with the hole repairs that need to be done. I think it's important to share this info, especially when you see postings on here about tpe having a short life span and not being repairable etc. I just don't buy it, all my life I've fixed things rather than chuck them out, which is why my house is full of old stuff and I'm single! I'm pretty sure that I've got at least a couple of old radios that are as old as I am and still working so I shall take it as a challenge to keep my tpe gals going as long as possible!
Yes it just shows that you can fix the girls if you have the right information on how to do it.
The fixes I did to Tiffany's elbows using the heat gun have held up well, so far so good. :thumbs_up:
I'm just working up courage to tackle her hands and fingers next! 8O
One of her elbow's has gone a bit loose too, so may need to tighten that as well soon.

Scrublord
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Scrublord »

dxc wrote:Sorry, I do not have TPE to test it. It was kinda an idea and a question. Since silicone and TPE are not best friends there is a chance latex does not play well with TPE.
I can confirm this. Splashed out on some latex bedding to make "fun time" with my silicone Real Doll less messy. Works a treat.

Tried it with my old TPE doll and the latex started "bubbling" after just a short period of time. No permanent damage done fortunately, but lesson learned. :mrgreen:
Currently owned: OR Doll 157cm "Kitiara" (avatar photo) || JY Doll 153cm "Natalie"
Silicone...TPE...its all good...

Scrublord
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Scrublord »

Arthur1960 wrote:Thanks djcdoll, she's resting up on a bed in my spare room just now but like I said in the posting, I'm really surprised how the tpe has just bounced back. It was really sticky as I think she had been stored in a loft or something and had clearly got hot during the summer. I should have taken some pics of how she looked before hand and I will do that with the hole repairs that need to be done. I think it's important to share this info, especially when you see postings on here about tpe having a short life span and not being repairable etc. I just don't buy it, all my life I've fixed things rather than chuck them out, which is why my house is full of old stuff and I'm single! I'm pretty sure that I've got at least a couple of old radios that are as old as I am and still working so I shall take it as a challenge to keep my tpe gals going as long as possible!
To be honest, I'm rather glad there are no "before" pics, as it was rather embarrassing, the state she was in. :oops:

Incredible restoration job you've done. Guess it was a good chance to showcase all the skills you've acquired over the years. :mrgreen:

Really pleased to see how far along you've got.
Currently owned: OR Doll 157cm "Kitiara" (avatar photo) || JY Doll 153cm "Natalie"
Silicone...TPE...its all good...

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Thanks Scrublord, I was pleasantly surprised at how well the tpe has 'bounced back' so to speak, it just feels normal now. I haven't done much these past couple of weeks but theres no rush now as she seems ok, it's mainly the elbow and knee holes, but I have an idea about that which I'm going to try, so will report back when I do it.

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Another quick update on progress with this lady.I've been busy these past few weeks but hope to get back to the repairs needed to fix her further. Today I'm experimenting with grafting a piece of tpe into a hole on the elbow by cleaning out the joint, wrapping fresh bandage around it then partially glueing in a piece of tpe. Later the plan is to use heat to seal it up and smooth it over. Of course it will clearly show as a patch but if it seals up and copes with flexing the joint then I will consider that a success...
Attachments
IMG_20181118_171227_700.jpg
IMG_20181118_171227_700.jpg (433.94 KiB) Viewed 1854 times
IMG_20181118_171211_808.jpg
IMG_20181118_171211_808.jpg (365.12 KiB) Viewed 1854 times
IMG_20181118_171127_718.jpg
IMG_20181118_171127_718.jpg (327.93 KiB) Viewed 1854 times

INFORMATIONS