Starpery.com

Arthur's tpe doll repair thread inc. Rachel's resurrection

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
RainKing
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: My attempt to rescue a tpe gal destined for disposal!

Post by RainKing »

Arthur1960 wrote:Hi RainKing, yeah I think I caught sight of your gal that needs a little work! you are a brave chap indeed.
I'm going to give it my best shot. Every time I get started on her my son comes home early from a supposed 3 day stay away at his grandma's.

I have put the skeleton in and out so many times that i can do it blind folded... I just don't want him to say "What's that chemical smell??"
Sadly I do not have a place off site to so this work. But I'm hoping for the day hehe!!
MDBG
Formerly known as SillyconeLover (it was only for a week)

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Update on work so far: today I got stuck into the job I had been putting off, cutting out the black mold from this gals lady parts! Not the easiest of tasks and I did wonder if it was worth it but eventually I got it all out so basically she's had a hysterectomy so no chance of popping out any little tpe babies any day soon! The fact that externally most of the body is fairly intact and her skeleton is still functional is this gals saving grace so after the surgery it was time for a proper clean with antibacterial hand soap followed by a baby oiling and more cleaning (the credit card trick lifted more dirt) and a few hours later she was ready for a powder. Of course this still leaves 2 elbow holes to be filled along with a hole on her left leg, plus her right boob needs some air (I injected the left one and it now looks better). I need to do something about 1 finger that has snapped off at the palm plate and has poked through the hand but incredibly it seems that most of the other fingers are still attached! I also need to glue up a split just above her mary and then there will be lots of smoothing to do with hot air but tonight I reunited body and head and stuck her in some clothes and she looked reasonably respectable! So here's a few shots with her being cleaned and then after having her head reattached...
Attachments
IMG_20181002_211854_479.jpg
IMG_20181002_211854_479.jpg (706.09 KiB) Viewed 1982 times
IMG_20181002_211914_506.jpg
IMG_20181002_211914_506.jpg (720.44 KiB) Viewed 1982 times
IMG_20181002_212018_020.jpg
IMG_20181002_212018_020.jpg (724.6 KiB) Viewed 1982 times
IMG_20181002_212039_977.jpg
IMG_20181002_212039_977.jpg (830.84 KiB) Viewed 1982 times
IMG_20181002_212127_264.jpg
IMG_20181002_212127_264.jpg (678.25 KiB) Viewed 1982 times
IMG_20181002_212156_442.jpg
IMG_20181002_212156_442.jpg (792.13 KiB) Viewed 1982 times

The Romantic
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by The Romantic »

Arthur1960 wrote:
Zippy81 wrote:pretty decent start there Arthur :)
Thanks, I thought her head would be a good place to start, to be honest I had initially thought it was beyond saving but today shes looking like she might just make it!

You know you're a "doll-person" when you feel sorry for a gal that has had a tough life and you find yourself rooting for her to pull through. Each small step is a victory.

Must just be our ROMANTIC nature showing through. :whistle:

Keep up the fight Arthur, we're rooting for her AND YOU.
"Romance is the glamour which turns the dust of everyday life into a golden haze."

Muninn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Muninn »

The Romantic wrote: You know you're a "doll-person" when you feel sorry for a gal that has had a tough life and you find yourself rooting for her to pull through. Each small step is a victory.
Yes, it's very heartwarming to see a girl being brought back from the brink. Credit to you, Arthur!
(They/Them)
Companion of the lovely Lyngheiður a.k.a Lynne - A WM153 #85 - now she has a Doll Album!
Say Hi to her on "Dolls Alive"! - Lynne's Page

RainKing
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by RainKing »

Very nice work there Arthur. Its like Extreme Makeover Doll Edition!! just be careful, previous one may want her back!! :D
I blew water out my nose when I read about the Hysterectomy and the boob needing air!

She looks as if she will pull thru just fine :)
MDBG

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Thanks guys the encouragement is very much appreciated! This morning when I was doing the surgery I kept reminding myself that I had done worse while working as a nurse! after that, fixing the elbows will be a doddle! I managed to salvage some spare pieces of tpe that I'm hoping to use to fill the 3 holes she has and I think I can get her hands looking decent although she may never be able to play the piano again!

RainKing
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by RainKing »

Arthur, how did you adhere the TPE back to the head shell? was it a "stretch fit? I notice Eva's TPE seems bonded pretty good to it. Perhaps from the factory it is heated and kinda sticks to the porous shell?
Soul's face is loose, or was actually split and I fixed it but the TPE feels a little loose on the head now.

wishing you steady hands and no TPE fumes!

RK
MDBG

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Hi again RK, I haven't glued the face/head back to the 'skull' yet, I've just slipped it back on and will probably leave that till last but will try using some loctite 406 which seems to stick tpe pretty well. Of course it hardens and can leave a crust but I regularly use it for sealing up small holes, just being careful not to let any of it spill out into the surface of the tpe

The Romantic
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by The Romantic »

It sounds like it's recommended to use Permatex Flowable Silicone Windshield Sealant.
As discussed here (and other places by Samara):
viewtopic.php?f=215&t=105948&start=30
"Romance is the glamour which turns the dust of everyday life into a golden haze."

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Thanks for the heads up on that, I've actually got some so will try that first.

dxc
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dxc »

I have no idea about repairs. But in table tennis we use latex glue for the rubbers. This is not getting hard and is rather a soft layer. Would that be an option to fixate the "head" to the "skull" or would that be bad for the TPE?
Wish you good luck with fixing her. :thumbs_up:

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Thanks for that but I have a sneaking suspicion that it may not adhere to tpe and may not be compatible with it?

Scrublord
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Scrublord »

RainKing wrote:Hey Aurthur,

Great work sir.. (I especially like how you have some framed pics of your girls there in the back ground... very sweet!)

Never think you bite off more than you can chew... Remember there is ALWAYS someone in worse shape than you when it comes to that..

I am sure you have seen my Project I just can't seem to get started on... (Short of time and privacy)

This one is going to be a whopper for me.
broken.jpg

Worse case I'll shorten the skeleton and make a torso out of her.

Looking forward to seeing your work

Have a good one.

Good grief! Looks like someone took a jigsaw to her! 8O Best of luck with that.
Currently owned: OR Doll 157cm "Kitiara" (avatar photo) || JY Doll 153cm "Natalie"
Silicone...TPE...its all good...

Scrublord
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Scrublord »

Arthur1960 wrote:Update on work so far: today I got stuck into the job I had been putting off, cutting out the black mold from this gals lady parts! Not the easiest of tasks and I did wonder if it was worth it but eventually I got it all out so basically she's had a hysterectomy so no chance of popping out any little tpe babies any day soon! The fact that externally most of the body is fairly intact and her skeleton is still functional is this gals saving grace so after the surgery it was time for a proper clean with antibacterial hand soap followed by a baby oiling and more cleaning (the credit card trick lifted more dirt) and a few hours later she was ready for a powder. Of course this still leaves 2 elbow holes to be filled along with a hole on her left leg, plus her right boob needs some air (I injected the left one and it now looks better). I need to do something about 1 finger that has snapped off at the palm plate and has poked through the hand but incredibly it seems that most of the other fingers are still attached! I also need to glue up a split just above her mary and then there will be lots of smoothing to do with hot air but tonight I reunited body and head and stuck her in some clothes and she looked reasonably respectable! So here's a few shots with her being cleaned and then after having her head reattached...
Great job so far. Good to see she's getting the intensive care she badly needed. :thumbs_up:
Currently owned: OR Doll 157cm "Kitiara" (avatar photo) || JY Doll 153cm "Natalie"
Silicone...TPE...its all good...

dxc
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dxc »

Sorry, I do not have TPE to test it. It was kinda an idea and a question. Since silicone and TPE are not best friends there is a chance latex does not play well with TPE.

INFORMATIONS