Starpery.com

powder vs. corn starch

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
1Sparky
Apprentice
Apprentice

powder vs. corn starch

Post by 1Sparky »

Hi all, I am a new member here and very new to the doll world. I am sure there may be some of this info on here somewhere, but I am still trying to figure the forum out. I recently purchased my first doll, I went small due to it being my first experience and of course price for something I was unsure of. WELL, put all that to rest, my doll Jadyn is so hot, I am sold. I have been using the powder supplied with Jadyn. It seems to work really well, I did read that corn starch may also work. I gave it a try as the powder is a bit pricey. When I used the corn starch, it seemed to leave a "film" without a better word on her. I am not sure if she was a bit damp still. I would love some feedback from folks as to what you have found to work the best.

thanks,

Zippy81
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: powder vs. corn starch

Post by Zippy81 »

here are some powdering threads:

https://www.dollforum.com/forum/search. ... mit=Search

:) welcome! If the corn starch is clumping/leaving odd looking patches it means that area on the skin was wet when you applied the powder. Just wipe that area off and pat dry with a towel and let it air dry for like 15 minutes and try again.

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

Under our stickie, the honeymoon guide, you will see one owner's wife was having breathing problems when he powdered his dolls.
He changed what he used and her problems went away. 'It might not be a coincidence
Love,
The BCD Girls
Megan and Mey Ai
Attachments
MEGAN@NIGHT.jpg
MEGAN@NIGHT.jpg (1.97 MiB) Viewed 673 times
mey ai.jpg
mey ai.jpg (310.86 KiB) Viewed 673 times

ricekingforever
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by ricekingforever »

I dont use baby powder or corn starch anymore, after almost a year the TPE seem to come down after several normal washing with soap , no more easily stainable. If a matter of time process.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

I use cornstarch very, very sparingly and wipe down any streaks with a barely damp cloth.

1Sparky
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by 1Sparky »

Thanks for the feedback :thumbs_up:

INFORMATIONS