Starpery.com

What is this: White "stripes" after powdering

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
devion
Active Poster
Active Poster

What is this: White "stripes" after powdering

Post by devion »

I'm wondering... what are these white "stripes", which I discovered during / after last powdering of Danielle.

Kinda hard to see on the photograph. Looks like residue from the powder? I tried to "wash them off", but they stayed. I tried to massage some babyoil in, but they stayed. Did I overdo it with the powder or is this something else.. I used the powder wich came with the doll. The "strains" or "stripes" are not that bad, but there are some spots here and there especially on the left arm and on the left shoulder and I don't want it to get worse. As new doll owner, i have no clue, if i'm doing something wrong.

Also a question regarding eyelashes, since i already nearly tore one off, while handling her... can they be replaced? With eyelashes from amazon maybe? But these have only the "upper eyelash" right? So where to get "matching lower eyelashes"? What "glue" to use?
Visit Danielle (WM 157B Body, 162 Head) for some eye candy

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: What is this: White "stripes" after powdering

Post by Arthur1960 »

Hiya, looks like you have got baby oil and powder mixed up which will indeed leave those marks that are visible in your photo. The process should be, first clean your gal, pat dry and then (if she needs it and new dolls shouldn't for a few months) you can apply baby oil, then leave it for at least 3 hours or more before you apply any powder, in fact when I oil one of my gals I leave the powdering to the next day, this will avoid those streaky marks. If those marks are bothering you then you can either clean her completely again or clean the area with a cotton swab and baby oil and then leave the area for several hours until the oil has soaked in and then powder. Hope that helps. As for eye lashes, yes you can get all sorts of false lashes on Amazon and eBay, you attach them with eye lash glue, use a cocktail stick to apply tiny amounts of glue, I apply it on the lash and then carefully stick it on, you need a steady hand to avoid getting glue on the eye itself but if you do then it will wipe off the eye if your quick, I always have a few cotton buds at hand as they are handy for cleaning the eye.

devion
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by devion »

thx for the very helpful advice... What is with the "lower" eyelashes? Where to get those?
Visit Danielle (WM 157B Body, 162 Head) for some eye candy

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

You can order lower lashes separately but sometimes they are not even used, I'm sure I have at least one head without lower lashes and just a line of eye liner but you can get them cheap enough.

Chuck Norris
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Chuck Norris »

My local Dollar Store "Dollar Tree" sells eyelashes in the cosmetic section. Might not be the same quality as the high end ones but they are pretty enough.

INFORMATIONS