Starpery.com

Wich of these oils for TPE?

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Assterix
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Wich of these oils for TPE?

Post by Assterix »

While waiting for my JY doll to arrive, I though it would be wise to already get some mineral oil/baby oil in preparation of the honeymoon...

But, wich oil to use?

I live in the Netherlands, so some oils may not be available where some of you live and vice versa.

First one seems to be pure Parrafinum Liquidum. It has no smell.
Second is Johnson's baby oil. It contains Parrafinum Liquidum, Isopropyl palmitate and perfume.
Third is Natusan baby oil. On the back it says it is made by Johnson's and it has the same ingredients. It also smells the same so I guess it actually is the same.
Fourth is Zwitsal baby oil. This one has the most ingredients: Parrafinum Liquidum, chamomilla recutita flower extract, bisabolol, glycine soja oil, polyglyceryl-3, diisostearate, perfume, tocopherol.
Fifth is from the local grocery store "Jumbo" baby oil. It contains Parrafinum Liquidum, caprylic/capric triglyceride, persea gratissima oil, tocopheryl acetate, perfume.

I am weary of using the zwitsal and jumbo oils, as they contain so many scary named ingredients. Are they safe or harmful to TPE?
I guess the Johnson's/natusan baby oils are safe to use, but is the pure Parrafinum Liquidum better?

I would highly appreciate your knowledge on this matter.

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Wich of these oils for TPE?

Post by Arthur1960 »

Hi Johnson's baby oil is fine, it's what a lot of us use but bear in mind a new tpe doll shouldn't need any oiling when she arrives just a good clean, dry and maybe powder depending on the tpe formulation (some new dolls like my new OR167G don't necessarily need powdering). To give you an example, I recently did a baby oil massage on a YL148D that I got in the summer so had left it over 4 months before I gave her any oiling and to be honest, I could have probably left it longer. I would say that it becomes more relevant during the summer months, in warmer weather, certainly I won't be oiling many of my dolls during the coldest months except maybe my 2 eldest but then only every 3 months. Hope that helps.

Assterix
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Assterix »

Thank you for the reply.

I read in the honeymoon/newlyweds-topic that it is adviced to wash, dry, oil and powder the doll the first two days, to get rid of the factory residue and replenish the oil leaked during transport. You say it's not necessary, but would you say it would be harmful to do it anyway?

Also, would you say the pure, unscented oil is better than the baby oil? Or no difference, or not as good?

stacy718
Photographer
Photographer

Post by stacy718 »

Had dolls for over two years, that I never oiled. What a mess.

Dutch Dance Maniac
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: The Netherlands. Electronic Dance Music Country number 1 !!!

Post by Dutch Dance Maniac »

Hoi Assterix,

In het begin zal baby olie behandeling niet nodig zijn, pas na een maand of 2 zou ik daarmee beginnen, Het TPE zit vol met fabrieks mineraal olie dus het tpe heeft het helemaal niet nodig in het begin.

Ik zou de doll wel goed wassen als je haar ontvangen hebt, gebruik hiervoor milde anti bacteriële zeep uit een handsoap flakon. Eventueel daarna wat baby poeder aanbrengen met een make-up kwast zodat ze lekker zacht zal aanvoelen.

Ikzelf gebruik alles van het merk Zwitsal, baby olie, poeder, en reinigings doekjes voor de weekelijkse reiniging van de plekken die ik veel kus.

Mocht je verder nog vragen hebben laat je het maar even weten, ik zal je wel opweg helpen. :thumbs_up: :)

Groetjes DDM & TIMEA. :D

:glou:
Timea. WM157B #159

Daisy. WM163C #162

Mariëlle. DutchDoll 148-CM

However Unreal This May Be...... We Are Connected You And I.
We Are On The Same Curve, Point Of All Is:
We Share The Same Secret. We Love Our Dolls And Our LifeStyle.
That Makes Us Who We Really Are. Pure, Loving and Caring.
Welcome Into Our World.

Alabina21
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Alabina21 »

Assterix wrote:While waiting for my JY doll to arrive, I though it would be wise to already get some mineral oil/baby oil in preparation of the honeymoon...

But, wich oil to use?

I live in the Netherlands, so some oils may not be available where some of you live and vice versa.

First one seems to be pure Parrafinum Liquidum. It has no smell.
Second is Johnson's baby oil. It contains Parrafinum Liquidum, Isopropyl palmitate and perfume.
Third is Natusan baby oil. On the back it says it is made by Johnson's and it has the same ingredients. It also smells the same so I guess it actually is the same.
Fourth is Zwitsal baby oil. This one has the most ingredients: Parrafinum Liquidum, chamomilla recutita flower extract, bisabolol, glycine soja oil, polyglyceryl-3, diisostearate, perfume, tocopherol.
Fifth is from the local grocery store "Jumbo" baby oil. It contains Parrafinum Liquidum, caprylic/capric triglyceride, persea gratissima oil, tocopheryl acetate, perfume.

I am weary of using the zwitsal and jumbo oils, as they contain so many scary named ingredients. Are they safe or harmful to TPE?
I guess the Johnson's/natusan baby oils are safe to use, but is the pure Parrafinum Liquidum better?

I would highly appreciate your knowledge on this matter.
DON'T DO IT!

Oiling a new TPE doll will over saturate the material and could cause tpe to burst, as it already has oil fresh from the factory. Oiling is a concept thought up by members in the dollforum community and adopted by some doll manufacturers.

I've oiled my 152cm and 155cm dolls and noticed some cracking in the vag/thigh area from oiling them once/mo for 4 months. Never oiled my 100cm and she is doing better that my other two dolls.

Read this thread before treating your tpe dolls to oil baths.
https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 27&t=77364

Prometheus 2112
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Prometheus 2112 »

The old post for oiling your dolls need to be updated or taken down then. This confuses the hell out of the new readers. I'm guilty of cleaning and oiling mine once it arrived... based on what I read on TDF. I hope no harm was done to my new gal.

Dutch Dance Maniac
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: The Netherlands. Electronic Dance Music Country number 1 !!!

Post by Dutch Dance Maniac »

Prometheus 2112 wrote:The old post for oiling your dolls need to be updated or taken down then. This confuses the hell out of the new readers. I'm guilty of cleaning and oiling mine once it arrived... based on what I read on TDF. I hope no harm was done to my new gal.
Yes a update with the new info would be a good thing for newbies and also for the veterans, becouse tpe factory formula's get better every year... :thumbs_up:
But a good vendor should /must give this info also to new doll buyer's, Just my toughts..... :wink:

Greetings DDM & TIMEA. :)

:glou:
Timea. WM157B #159

Daisy. WM163C #162

Mariëlle. DutchDoll 148-CM

However Unreal This May Be...... We Are Connected You And I.
We Are On The Same Curve, Point Of All Is:
We Share The Same Secret. We Love Our Dolls And Our LifeStyle.
That Makes Us Who We Really Are. Pure, Loving and Caring.
Welcome Into Our World.

Assterix
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Assterix »

Well, it seems I have a surplus of oil now.... :whistle:

I understand now that oiling is not necessary, certainly not as soon as she arrives. Somewhat unfortunately, as I was kind of looking forward to this intimate moment with my doll.

A wash, dry and powder is still recommended, I believe.

attadoll

Post by attadoll »

Just stumbled on this discussion as I was looking for good help/advice.Just took delivery of my new lady,a 100cm TPE doll sold through a reliable distributor.She came as advertised,and is very pleasing to the eyes.She is my first doll,and I want to keep her around for a long time,so my concern is,after giving her a good cleaning,should I use Vaseline in her vagina/anal/mouth cavities and let it absorb before any "play"? and also considering a rubdown of baby oil on her entire body,will this be ok?

attadoll

Post by attadoll »

Just stumbled on this discussion as I was looking for good help/advice.Just took delivery of my new lady,a 100cm TPE doll sold through a reliable distributor.She came as advertised,and is very pleasing to the eyes.She is my first doll,and I want to keep her around for a long time,so my concern is,after giving her a good cleaning,should I use Vaseline in her vagina/anal/mouth cavities and let it absorb before any "play"? and also considering a rubdown of baby oil on her entire body,will this be ok?

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

baby oil and mineral oil are pretty much the same thing. Google the 2 and you'll find there is information overload about the two. But in a nutshell they are the same.
Paraffinum liquidum
baby oil just has scent added. And may just be a thicker mineral oil that is used. Both are based on petroleum anyway :)
I've used 2 types viscosity. Light and heavy.
I prefer the lighter viscosity. Esp. for heat repairs.

I use oil about every 4 months, and then it is just a very light wipe with a soaked sponge to lift the gunk off the surface. Soap and water wont lift it as well as lightly wiping with mineral oil.

Only real purpose of oil wipes in intimate areas is to help repel moisture. It will not help too much in preventing abrasions or tears. Too much oil may actually help cause them by saturation.
Super soft TPE's are not designed to take a load of abuse, adding too much oil can accelerate problems.

If you have the means here is an experiment people can try.
Melt some sliced up TPE in a toaster oven 250F to 300F max.
Add some mineral oil. Just enough to submerge the TPE bits. Mix it all in nicely.

Once cooled it will be oily, but the thing to note is it will be much softer than it originally was.

I've done this with a firm, raw pellet that is of the shore D hardness when melted without any oils. Adding oils make it much more softer.

Paraffinic oils are used as plasticiser :)

Something to heed when using it for heat repair.

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

OMG!
Bottom line, too much of a good thing is not a good thing.
PLENTY OF PEOPLE HAVE DONE JUST FINE with oiling
And yes, the TPE is getting better which means LESS OILING, but again, each doll is different.
There is a very GOOD REASON for day one.
REMOVE the crap under skin if the doll was washed and POWDERED in China.
Some people might get a doll with a STENCH, others no smell at all.
I hate this since you all SEEM TO KNOW MORE than the one person who makes product for these TPE dolls.
Just like his stain remover REMOVES the stains while others HIDE IT.
Below is just my opinion
Love,
Megan, DO, The BCD Girls
Attachments
image010.jpg
image010.jpg (72.91 KiB) Viewed 1709 times

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

Notice, Arthur's valid point....
even the months can make a difference....
Think human/water, hydration to doll/oil/hydration. Thus humidity MUST play some role.
Love,
Shu Shin
Attachments
ITHYBRID.jpg
ITHYBRID.jpg (306.86 KiB) Viewed 1708 times

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

Booty Call Dolls wrote:OMG!
Bottom line, too much of a good thing is not a good thing.
PLENTY OF PEOPLE HAVE DONE JUST FINE with oiling
And yes, the TPE is getting better which means LESS OILING, but again, each doll is different.
There is a very GOOD REASON for day one.
REMOVE the crap under skin if the doll was washed and POWDERED in China.
Some people might get a doll with a STENCH, others no smell at all.
I hate this since you all SEEM TO KNOW MORE than the one person who makes product for these TPE dolls.
Just like his stain remover REMOVES the stains while others HIDE IT.
Below is just my opinion
Love,
Megan, DO, The BCD Girls
Maybe end users do know more? :)
I'll only post the info through my own experience. And info from those in the polymer biz.
My doll does not get stains. why? I dunno, but I've left her in a dark blue dress for over a month and got no stains. Since I oil not too often.
No arm pit tears, or at any joints. Coincidence?.
Treat something good, it will give better service life then if abused.
My statement about using paraffinic oils as plasticizer is posted here : https://patents.google.com/patent/EP2566920A2/en
It's not hearsay. And I can confirm is true by trying it out myself on a very small scale.
People in the polymer biz DO know more, they are Phd's I'll trust their info. There are thousands of pages on the subject. :)
In some of those pages it may show error to those in doll circles.
Research/experimentation helps.
It is after all a hobby for majority of people, not a business.

INFORMATIONS