Starpery.com

Skin Bruising help.

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Plastix
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Skin Bruising help.

Post by Plastix »

My doll gets what looks like bruising on her left waist and left arm for some reason.

I can get most of it off when I bather her but on her arm it looks like it goes all the way through to her frame.

It always comes back after a week or so and increases in color until I bather her again. It's very annoying.

My guess has been that these are areas that a wrap my arms around while sleeping. So maybe dead skin cells from my own body?
But then even if I try not to touch her as much they still come back.

Does anyone know what this is or even better, a product I could use to fix this problem?

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Skin Bruising help.

Post by Mr Franz »

sounds like a fabric stain, Plastix. Either something she wears, something you wear that touches her or possibly bed sheets or a blanket.

You may find this thread helpful: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=111470

Plastix
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Plastix »

Tried cleaning her again today. The bruising is spreading to her legs now, and also growing larger on her stomach.

I think she's beyond repair. This sucks.

I think next month I'll have to buy a new one. Really don't want to spend the money but this one is done.

Does anyone have any recommendations on which dolls require the least amount of care, and last the longest? What company should I buy from to get the longest lasting doll?

I've had this current one for about a year and she needs to be replaced.

grimreefer24601

Post by grimreefer24601 »

Picture's might help Plastix. It does sound like fabric staining like Franz said.

Plastix
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Plastix »

grimreefer24601 wrote:Picture's might help Plastix. It does sound like fabric staining like Franz said.
I'll post pictures when I can.

I don't think it's fabric staining because it's only on certain areas of her body. Not on her back at all, and she lays on her back 24/7.

She doesn't wear any clothes and is under bed sheets all day and night.

It seems to be on parts of her body that I touch the most. I sleep with my arms wrapped around her stomach and left arm which is where the stains are.
Also sometimes with my leg over hers which is also where it's starting to happen. I never get into bed before showering. I'm a bit of a clean freak, so it's
not that I have dirt or sweat or anything on my body. I get into bed very clean.

i feel like I'm not allowed to touch her without this problem wherever I touch her.

They are made to be touched correct?

INFORMATIONS