Starpery.com

Hip repair/replacement ideas

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Chuck Norris
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Hip repair/replacement ideas

Post by Chuck Norris »

Good evening Gentlemen,

Before writing this topic, I have look in the maintenance section and did as much research as I possibly could but did not find any solution to my problem.
If it was already posted somewhere, my apology as I could not find it.
As many of us doll owners knows that at some point in the life of the doll, the hip will become loose to a certain degree.
So... mine has started to become loose lately and it is really annoying.
I can see that having a loose hip doll has its advantage when you want to be frisky with her but it is not the case with me.
What p^ssed me off the most of having loose hip is when trying to stand her up to get her all dressed up.
She can stand by herself allright but putting pants on etc... is a pain! MAJOR PAIN!

I need to get access to that hip bolts and nuts but it seems that the only way to get access to those is by the crotch area. Either from the front or the rear entry. I can feel the nut with my fingers lol!

It might be easier to gain access to those bolts/nuts from the front entry but DAMN!.... Not so much space to actually do some work and I dont want to destroy her in the process .

Anyone fix that problem before and how you did it?

Pic will show the bolts/nuts in question.
Attachments
as-skeleton 2.jpg
as-skeleton 2.jpg (29.41 KiB) Viewed 1700 times

CinnamonLover
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Hip repair/replacement ideas

Post by CinnamonLover »

Geez I hate to be the "me too" guy but I am seriously pondering opening up Cinnamon to get at the hips and tighten them.

I am currently testing GrimReefer's BC2 solution for cold weld, and I suppose if it works really well, that might make it possible to do some deep surgery. I guess I would still be interested in thoughts on best angle of entry, what tools might be required to tighten, etc.

Just so everyone know's it's not just Chuck!
CinnamonLover. Because I love cinnamon. And Cinnamon, and Nutmeg, and Cloves! Here is our Eye Candy Thread: CinnamonLover's Spice Girls

grimreefer24601

Post by grimreefer24601 »

I've been looking into the same repair on a large doll I acquired. Figured on cutting from the front. At the leg seam.

I'm interested in seeing how CL repair with work out. I'm not sure I've done a repair that scope with my "Trial" adhesive.

It will be interesting to see the results.

Chuck Norris
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Chuck Norris »

Yeah, I was debating if I should get a cheap doll first to experiment on her before doing the big surgery on my premium.
Seems like a delicate operation we have to do.
And what is that BC2 solution for cold weld? I have miss that one.

Chuck Norris
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Chuck Norris »

*Bump*
As soon as the weather is kinda warm over here, I will open her hips up and see wtf is the problem.
But right now,the temperature -20 and I cant do crap.

Justforfun2

Post by Justforfun2 »

How did the operation go? Myself, I would do two minor C-section type incision about one to two inches long at the left and right bolt location, then using a small ratchet and socket with an extension to get at that baby. May be able to do this from the backside as well.

Chuck Norris
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Chuck Norris »

Justforfun2 wrote:How did the operation go? Myself, I would do two minor C-section type incision about one to two inches long at the left and right bolt location, then using a small ratchet and socket with an extension to get at that baby. May be able to do this from the backside as well.
Yes, correct Justforfun2 but that project has been postpone sadly.

I got jinx and broke her fingers/hand and her elbow is loose also.
I am working on modifiying the arms atm before starting attacking her hips.

Usually, the tackweld is on the nut side which would mean that the TPE cut would have to be made from the outside of her hips and not from the inside where the bolt is.

I can feel the bolt turn when I shove my hand in her entry lol!
Im not 100% sure yet but the problem might be coming from the exterior of her legs where is the nut...
Anyway, stay tuned!

Silicone Sensuality

Post by Silicone Sensuality »

Just wanted to thank Mr. Norris for the skeletal photos. I purchased a doll from Annies Doll House back in 2015 the first problem I noticed was that the right hip joint was a lot looser than the left. Now after 4 years of loving her the right hip just flops back and forth and it almost seems like the left has stiffened up and harder to move. I dread doing surgery but at least I now have an understanding of the skeletal make up. I wish I could find out what kind of doll Annie sold me so that I could talk more specifically. Thanks to anyone who may know ?

Chuck Norris
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Chuck Norris »

No problem Mr. Sensuality,
But...I have no clue what is Annies Doll House.
Was she Silicone or TPE?

The pics that you saw in my post is the basic of the gooseneck skeleton on a TPE 2018 doll.

I have no clue what kinda doll's skeleton was before 2018, since I thought I was happily married at the time....big mistake from my part

Techy7

Post by Techy7 »

I have the same problem. I was able to access the joint, tighten, and it holds temporarily... hoping for ideas to keep it tight.

INFORMATIONS