Starpery.com

doll storage

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
JLSTheRat
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

doll storage

Post by JLSTheRat »

Hope I'm in the right place to post this

the best way to storage a Doll.

keep it inside the box? hanging?, (if you doll come with the hook or strap) or lay down in the bed?

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: doll storage

Post by Mr Franz »

Many, many threads on the subject already. Just use the search in the upper right. Everyone's situation is different. What's best for you might not be ideal for someone else. I for instance keep my gals dressed and standing out in the open, but not everyone can or wants to do that.

JLSTheRat
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by JLSTheRat »

Mr Franz wrote:Many, many threads on the subject already. Just use the search in the upper right. Everyone's situation is different. What's best for you might not be ideal for someone else. I for instance keep my gals dressed and standing out in the open, but not everyone can or wants to do that.

Well I would love to have my doll, like you do, standing and dress out, to enjoy her view every day, but some doll makers recommend dont stand the dolls for long time,
do you have like special stand? like those small figure or fashion dolls?

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Hi, tpe dolls with the standing feet option can stand permanently provided they are being supported by a wall or piece of furniture. No special stand is necessary. Obviously it's important that their ankle and knee joints are fairly stiff and they are usually tightened accordingly when the standing option is selected. Standing is the best way to keep your gal in good condition as it reduces the risk of compression marks and flattening etc. You just need to pop a small piece of sponge between her and the wall for protection.

JLSTheRat
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by JLSTheRat »

Arthur1960 wrote:Hi, tpe dolls with the standing feet option can stand permanently provided they are being supported by a wall or piece of furniture. No special stand is necessary. Obviously it's important that their ankle and knee joints are fairly stiff and they are usually tightened accordingly when the standing option is selected. Standing is the best way to keep your gal in good condition as it reduces the risk of compression marks and flattening etc. You just need to pop a small piece of sponge between her and the wall for protection.
Alright, That is one good info, about the TPE doll, make me wonder why the Doll Factories dont send or add, like "owner Manual" on each doll purchases

Thank you so much,

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

JLSTheRat wrote:
Mr Franz wrote:Many, many threads on the subject already. Just use the search in the upper right. Everyone's situation is different. What's best for you might not be ideal for someone else. I for instance keep my gals dressed and standing out in the open, but not everyone can or wants to do that.

Well I would love to have my doll, like you do, standing and dress out, to enjoy her view every day, but some doll makers recommend dont stand the dolls for long time,
do you have like special stand? like those small figure or fashion dolls?
No, I just have the standing foot option. Standing nearly 24/7 for over a year now. No issues whatsoever. My doll is a 50 pounder though, could possibly be an issue for the ultra heavyweights.

INFORMATIONS