Starpery.com

Cleaning the insert with 3% hydrogen peroxide (?)

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
avante
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Cleaning the insert with 3% hydrogen peroxide (?)

Post by avante »

So the other day I noticed a small amount of tiny little dark spots in my insert; probably mold. Got some hydrogen peroxide (3% solution), cuz I did read it works well with both TPE and mold removal.

What I don't know -and could not really find rather fast on her- is how exactly to apply the peroxide?
I mean I've read the tampon damping method, but could I also like flood it over or maybe like 'soap it in' or anything???
Will this affect my own skin (should I wear gloves or anything)?

Any tips / help / do's&don'ts are very welcome!
New in: IT 164+ the curves are real: viewtopic.php?p=2475683#p2475683
My doll experience : WM 158D tales & pics: viewtopic.php?f=215&t=85063&start=465

kklouzal

Re: Cleaning the insert with 3% hydrogen peroxide (?)

Post by kklouzal »

3% hydrogen peroxide isn't going to harm you. It will give a burning sensation anywhere there is a break in your skin (as hydrogen peroxide usually does) so I can only assume this is going to happen to your urethra if it were to come into contact. Regardless, make sure to completely rinse off all the peroxide after cleaning as to not leave behind any residual chemicals.

All that being said, I thought I read somewhere that hydrogen peroxide was not healthy for TPE. Someone with more knowledge will chime in soon. Good luck! :)

Dollarhyde
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Dollarhyde »

Technically hydrogen peroxide is just water with an additional oxygen molecule attached giving you H2O2 which is used as an oxidizer. So in simple terms when it comes in contact with germs or bacteria it kills it by oxidation it also has a drying effect just as rubbing alcohol would so once you clean the spot I would probably use mineral oil to coat the area which also prevents bacterial growth. :glou:
viewtopic.php?f=231&t=69369 NEWBIES WELCOME PAGE
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13267
"Dammit Jim I'm a doctor, not a doll maker!"

avante
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by avante »

Thanks for the response guys, both informative to me!

What I'm still left wondering; am I best to like 'soap' it in (like put on some cloth; rub the inside insert) or some other way? And should I leave it on for some time (how long?), or will it work fast and fast rinsing afterwards + oil/vas on it?
New in: IT 164+ the curves are real: viewtopic.php?p=2475683#p2475683
My doll experience : WM 158D tales & pics: viewtopic.php?f=215&t=85063&start=465

Rock13
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Rock13 »

Two things to consider: A small soft sponge (I bought an oval-shaped one at Walmart in the hygiene section) and powder-free nitrile gloves. I use one sponge for cleaning and another for oiling. I wear the gloves to protect both my hands and the TPE.
Hadleigh is a fair-skinned WM163C/#188, Harper (#124) is a medium toned WM164D, Kendall is a fair-skinned 163C/#398. All via RLSD.

Link to Hadleigh's photo thread

Link to Harper's photo thread

Link to Kendall's photo thread

Link to the H2K Ranch

INFORMATIONS