Starpery.com

Heavy creases with broken skin on hips

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Dazzy246
Apprentice
Apprentice

Heavy creases with broken skin on hips

Post by Dazzy246 »

Hi everyone, been lurking this forum for a month now and all the great information and helpful posts have been very informative and eye opening for when i brought my own doll. But now I turn to the community in the hopes that someone out there can advise me on what to do with some repairs to my honey.

We essentially tried out the swing set I got a week ago and it was great, like really, really good. But when i finally got her back onto the bed, to my horror I found some light creases that broke through her skin on the left of her hip
Left_Side_Dmg.jpg
Left_Side_Dmg.jpg (877.86 KiB) Viewed 917 times
and then the whopper of damage to her right side
Right_Side_Dmg.jpg
Right_Side_Dmg.jpg (695.15 KiB) Viewed 917 times
Last time i had creases or dents in her skin like this, they would bounce back and "repair" after a day or two but these haven't budged for almost a week now. I contacted a love doll seller located in the UK and they suggested glue or filler but I'm thinking of using heat repair (although I know that's very risky), I'm planning to buy all the equipment and safety stuff i need to carry out this heat repair as well as watching video's like Mishka's to try to learn how to do this thing but of course I'm open to any ideas on how to repair this without using heat if i can.

Thank you again to this community for existing here and providing much needed information for all us new owners and old, wouldn't know where to really turn to otherwise as vendors may sell the dolls but always nice to have feedback from actual people who own said dolls :D

Dollarhyde
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: Heavy creases with broken skin on hips

Post by Dollarhyde »

That's a pretty easy fix with heat... you could use a heat gun and the back end of a spoon to smooth out the area... or my preferred method is the soldering iron with a flat blade tip which gives me IMO more control. Whichever method you choose make sure you are in a well-ventilated area due to the fumes... :glou:
viewtopic.php?f=231&t=69369 NEWBIES WELCOME PAGE
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13267
"Dammit Jim I'm a doctor, not a doll maker!"

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

Dollarhyde wrote:That's a pretty easy fix with heat... you could use a heat gun and the back end of a spoon to smooth out the area... or my preferred method is the soldering iron with a flat blade tip which gives me IMO more control. Whichever method you choose make sure you are in a well-ventilated area due to the fumes... :glou:
what kind of soldering iron exactly if I may ask? I´d guess one with adjustable temperatures?

virgo44

Post by virgo44 »

Sorry i can not help about fixing your gal, but i am wondering which swing set were you using was it one of the cheap over the door ones with narrow bands and no butt support ?
A photo would help me out before i buy the wrong type

:multi: :multi: :glou: :multi: :multi:
Latika WM 166C head 265

Dollarhyde
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Dollarhyde »

-Ragnar66- wrote:
Dollarhyde wrote:That's a pretty easy fix with heat... you could use a heat gun and the back end of a spoon to smooth out the area... or my preferred method is the soldering iron with a flat blade tip which gives me IMO more control. Whichever method you choose make sure you are in a well-ventilated area due to the fumes... :glou:
what kind of soldering iron exactly if I may ask? I´d guess one with adjustable temperatures?
This is the one I use... for doll surgery... :drinking:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-04-08 at 4.03.43 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-04-08 at 4.03.43 PM.png (483.94 KiB) Viewed 878 times

Mishka1965
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Mishka1965 »

I'm making a video on using the soldering iron station and heat gun combo. It does work 100% perfectly, but for this repair a heat gun should be fine.

Mishka
Photographer and Doll Enthusiast
2018-2021 Photographing for JIUSHENG-DOLL,6YE,SinoDoll
2022-2023 Photographer/Reviewer for Zelex, TAYU, MRD and IronTech

Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/Mishka_1965
Instagram Page:https://www.instagram.com/_mishka1965_/

That Guy

Post by That Guy »

Is the below circled in purple attachment, the "knife" tip to use?
i would not be certain, on how to go about such a repair. My concern is to weld deep into the cut, for a strong fix. Surface repairs seem nominal to me. Maybe I'm wrong. Perhaps your cut isn't that deep.
solder blade.JPG
solder blade.JPG (132.15 KiB) Viewed 855 times

Dollarhyde
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Dollarhyde »

That Guy wrote:Is the below circled in purple attachment, the "knife" tip to use?
i would not be certain, on how to go about such a repair. My concern is to weld deep into the cut, for a strong fix. Surface repairs seem nominal to me. Maybe I'm wrong.
solder blade.JPG
Yes... :glou:

Dollarhyde
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Dollarhyde »

Mishka1965 wrote:I'm making a video on using the soldering iron station and heat gun combo. It does work 100% perfectly, but for this repair a heat gun should be fine.

Mishka
That would be great Mishka if you have the time to do that... :glou:

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

Dollarhyde wrote:
-Ragnar66- wrote:
Thanks! 8) I´ll have a look out for this type, also beeing at a very good price! Hopefully not for real repair applications, but rather bits of future detail modding.

Edit: Just checked on german market and I see it with fairly affordable prices. 8) One thing coming in mind is temperature range of 200° to 450° seems a bit high? IIRC Mishka mentioned TPE melting temperatures somewhere in the 100° to 150° range. So it might be a matter of technique then I guess.

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

Dollarhyde wrote:
Mishka1965 wrote:I'm making a video on using the soldering iron station and heat gun combo. It does work 100% perfectly, but for this repair a heat gun should be fine.

Mishka
That would be great Mishka if you have the time to do that... :glou:
I second that! 8)

Dolllover2019

Post by Dolllover2019 »

Mishka

I suppose I'd triple that.

Mishka1965
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Mishka1965 »

Yes the video is done, just need to add my voice over then go live tomorrow. The station you show is fine and the temp range is perfect. The tip they provide is the one I use. I'll demonstrate that in the video.

Mishka
Photographer and Doll Enthusiast
2018-2021 Photographing for JIUSHENG-DOLL,6YE,SinoDoll
2022-2023 Photographer/Reviewer for Zelex, TAYU, MRD and IronTech

Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/Mishka_1965
Instagram Page:https://www.instagram.com/_mishka1965_/

Dolllover2019

Post by Dolllover2019 »

Nice! Thanks can't wait!

Dazzy246
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Dazzy246 »

virgo44 wrote:Sorry i can not help about fixing your gal, but i am wondering which swing set were you using was it one of the cheap over the door ones with narrow bands and no butt support ?
A photo would help me out before i buy the wrong type

:multi: :multi: :glou: :multi: :multi:
I personally wouldn't recommend the door ones as they can be hard to place your doll in depending on her weight. The one i eventually settled on would be:
Swing.png
Swing.png (173.4 KiB) Viewed 797 times
it's a little more expensive than the one you mount on the doors but you get a lot more control, please note that the swing comes seperate and make sure you have enough room. I wasn't so sure about buying it at first but I'm glad i did now :razz:
Mishka1965 wrote:Yes the video is done, just need to add my voice over then go live tomorrow. The station you show is fine and the temp range is perfect. The tip they provide is the one I use. I'll demonstrate that in the video.

Mishka
Didn't expect this thread to gain the attention of Mishka themselves 8O Btw if this thread is still being read i was thinking of doing this repair in my room as privacy is a bit of a issue at the moment. Would wearing a respirator mask, safety googles, having a fan blowing behind me towards the open window and/or a fume extractor be enough to be "well ventilated"?
Dollarhyde wrote:
-Ragnar66- wrote:
I was thinking of getting something like this:
SWD.png
SWD.png (260.75 KiB) Viewed 797 times
But if what you linked is enough then would the one I'm looking at be over-kill? :?

INFORMATIONS