Starpery.com

TPE doll maintenance questions

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Easterlyn
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: TPE doll maintenance questions

Post by Easterlyn »

I ordered from Sex Doll Canada (an approved vendor who I've found responsive and helpful), and the doll is a 165 (5'5") Leila from Jarliet. I'm happy with her for the most part, the learning curve is just a lot steeper than I was expecting even after all my research on this forum. She's heavy and tough for me to move around.

I'm glad the only real problem is some minor scratches, at least as long as this isn't the sort of damage that can get worse if left unfixed. I can maybe post pictures of them once I get a chance but they look exactly like minor abrasions I've seen in repair videos, nothing big or special. I just don't care to deal with them unless I have to.

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

Do you know what crap they use to powder the dolls at RAYCME?
http://dolldesire.com/
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

Boobman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Boobman »

Booty Call Dolls wrote:Do you know what crap they use to powder the dolls at RAYCME?
I would hope standard powder the majority all use, if they are as bad about that similar to the quality of their product ie backs snapping for no reason caused by the end user it could be dust/dirt from the building they are made in. :roll: It is a shame IMO that the bad doll makers are still profiting from these dolls they know are not just lower entry level dolls but inferior for the purpose dolls in a general sense are intended & capable of being able to perform.

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

Easterlyn wrote:I have my doll now and I have another question, figured I'd just post it here and see if anyone answered rather than making a whole new topic.

She has a few small scratches/abrasions on the skin that didn't really become visible until after powdering. Not sure if they're from shipping or from when I was first cleaning her. I was careful to cut my nails and made sure not to scratch her, and they aren't in places I carried her by or anything. Ah well.

Anyway, I don't care about how they look, so my question is if there's any danger of further damage if I leave them alone. Not sure what could happen, maybe mold could grow in them or the scratches might split, I dunno. Right now they're barely blemishes.

Based off videos I've seen these look like they'd be easy to fix with a heat gun but my patience is already being stretched by how heavy she is and how stiff her joints are. Every wash or powder takes hours because I'm so weak that she's tough to maneuver, and she's still so oily that I've needed to powder her daily (she's lucky she's cute or I wouldn't put up with it). If there's no downside other than looks, I'd prefer to just leave the scratches rather than having another big maintenance task to figure out.
If your doll is oily still. Do not add more to the surface. A new doll upon arrival should be washed and rinsed 3 or 4 times, and once dry, lightly powdered. Too much powder can have a drying effect as well. Esp. in the inner thigh areas where the joints flex the TPE. There is a fair amount of tension in this area. It is quite surprising :)
But oil on a new doll is rarely needed. in the first month or two. In the groin area, maybe a slight swipe of vaseline or mineral oil is all there is too it after cleaning the intimate area..
There are many hardness scales of TPE, some are soft, very soft. And unfortunately these super soft blends can scratch easily, and tear easily as well. Excess oil applications, will not prevent much. The opposite may be the case. And stains from clothing can and do occur if she is too oily.
For me, I do the 15 minute test. If oil absorbs within 15 minutes, it is needed. If it takes twice as long to absorb,it is not.

Powder with some blends that are sticky after washing is just meant to help keep surface smooth, and not grab as much to sheets, clothing, etc. So just light dusting of powder over the body will help prevent stick.
After a while you will want to wipe oil to clean the gunk off the surface. I use a sponge to do this. The amount of dirt it can lift off is incredible.
I've had my doll almost 18 months, and her skin is nowhere as sticky after washing as she was when new. So take your time, be patient and research about those abrasions, they can be fixed easily once experience is gained. They'll not get any worse if you leave 'em alone.

INFORMATIONS