Starpery.com

Skin is getting scraped please advice...

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
gunsmithcat
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Skin is getting scraped please advice...

Post by gunsmithcat »

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to post to ask if anyone else has had a similar problem with a platinum silicone doll? The surface gets pitted like this in higher friction areas. I'm fairly certain she sees less than average friction, so I wanted to see if anyone else has this issue. We've already made a couple patch repairs to areas like this on the thigh and knee earlier this year.

If so how did you all fix it? We are able to fix it well, I just wish it wasn't such big surface areas as the patches end up visible to a certain degree.
Attachments
IMG_6302.jpg
IMG_6302.jpg (1.43 MiB) Viewed 1300 times
Elfie's Closet photo album
viewtopic.php?f=143&t=106702

Elfie's Closet photo album 2.0
viewtopic.php?f=143&t=134185

natsuji
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Re: Skin is getting scraped please advice...

Post by natsuji »

Based on your situation and from the look of your doll, I think you may be using soap that is too strong and its eroding the material? I'm new here and don't know too much about dolls, but I do know chemistry and one of the first thoughts that came to my mind when seeing that picture is a chemical reaction to the silicone. Maybe try just regular anti-bacterial hand soap for cleaning (assuming you don't already). If you are, then I can't really tell what else might be the problem.

Best of luck figuring this out, I'll be watching this thread to learn more about taking care of my own doll too.

gunsmithcat
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by gunsmithcat »

natsuji wrote:Based on your situation and from the look of your doll, I think you may be using soap that is too strong and its eroding the material? I'm new here and don't know too much about dolls, but I do know chemistry and one of the first thoughts that came to my mind when seeing that picture is a chemical reaction to the silicone. Maybe try just regular anti-bacterial hand soap for cleaning (assuming you don't already). If you are, then I can't really tell what else might be the problem.

Best of luck figuring this out, I'll be watching this thread to learn more about taking care of my own doll too.
Actually is not soap, I'm pretty sure is from the friction of my skin against hers... a chemical reaction would have made the whole doll look like that, and it did happened gradually, she had a similar problem in her leg and that I know its because she got scratched against something... the problem is permatex pretty much leave a very shinny visible repair so I was wondering if somebody else had found a better way to fix it...

oberyn
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by oberyn »

I remember awhile ago someone mentioned using silicone oil or mold release agent to smooth out abrasions .most abrasions are caused by changing of clothes.i woul recommend getting her a body stocking if you are gonna change her out fit frequently and have it under her clothes.

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

I'm just throwing out my two cents worth , some days its more and some days less valuable then other days lol, friction on dolls could be caused by many things , although i haven't had this particular problem , i imagine that things even as simple as material whatever a doll is laid on can cause it by dragging a doll slightly across it. some materials can be rougher then others , or even something like facial hair stub of not being shaved good. ( i would think this really could be bad on dolls if a man isn't careful) .
who knew that once men got a doll to replace a woman that they would have to be more careful and take better care of a doll so she is around longer. :D :wink:

P.S. one other thing could even be a persons hands , if you are a rugged hard working time and your hands are rough something like that could even affect things, and maybe using hand lotion (no not for that lol ) might help to if that is ever the case of having rough hands.

gunsmithcat
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by gunsmithcat »

timetraveler1 wrote:I'm just throwing out my two cents worth , some days its more and some days less valuable then other days lol, friction on dolls could be caused by many things , although i haven't had this particular problem , i imagine that things even as simple as material whatever a doll is laid on can cause it by dragging a doll slightly across it. some materials can be rougher then others , or even something like facial hair stub of not being shaved good. ( i would think this really could be bad on dolls if a man isn't careful) .
who knew that once men got a doll to replace a woman that they would have to be more careful and take better care of a doll so she is around longer. :D :wink:

P.S. one other thing could even be a persons hands , if you are a rugged hard working time and your hands are rough something like that could even affect things, and maybe using hand lotion (no not for that lol ) might help to if that is ever the case of having rough hands.
Actually I'm almost 100% sure that this happened because of missionary. Its pretty much the spot for friction, so... I was just wondering if anybody else have this problem, or maybe by scratching their doll against something, and how they deal with it... because repairing it with permatex leave a very visible shinny spot.

Nord
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Nord »

Like timetraveler said I've also seen similar damage cause by hair. If it is indeed caused by missionary it is likely either form clothes or a hairy stomach. Even if one shave it can create a rough stubb after a couple of days similar to beardgrowth.

What I've seen was on TPE though, never thought it would cause such damage on silicone, unless possibly it's a doll with a softer tummy option. Is this on a DS doll?
Aio - Sanhui 160cm AIO "Nonoka"
Rei - WM 140cm D-cup #39 & #53
Nymph - DH168 80cm "Shiori"
Ku - DS Ex Lite 163cm "Kayla"
Elva & Alva - 6Ye 65cm #M5 "Mina"

gunsmithcat
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by gunsmithcat »

Nord wrote:Like timetraveler said I've also seen similar damage cause by hair. If it is indeed caused by missionary it is likely either form clothes or a hairy stomach. Even if one shave it can create a rough stubb after a couple of days similar to beardgrowth.

What I've seen was on TPE though, never thought it would cause such damage on silicone, unless possibly it's a doll with a softer tummy option. Is this on a DS doll?
Actually I don't have any hair in my stomach or chest. But yes she is a DS, or should I say EX with very soft silicone. It feels great, but then I guess I have to be extra careful since its probably more delicate... hard to say cuz I don't have any other dolls to compare but she is soft...

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

although other hair may rough up a doll , i was actually meaning facial hair as it is rougher , and it may not have been anything to do with this , it could just be a very soft doll material that is very easy to cause this skin problem , i am hoping it is not a too soft skin problem that is sort of stretching the skin and causing a scraped blemish look ( i am totally guessing on this as i don't know ( but hey at least i admit it lol) . :wink: another thing that may be possible the doll skin against (at any time ) the bed material lightly scraping the skin when doll is moved around . again only guessing . don't know off hand if to soft a doll skin material would cause any scraping blemish effect when doll body is moved and stretched in positions.
i would advise you to inspect the doll all over see if theit is any other places , and keep an eye on the blemished area to see if it gets worse, also try to keep track of how you move the doll around and how its layed against bed material or even clothing material.

gunsmithcat
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by gunsmithcat »

timetraveler1 wrote:although other hair may rough up a doll , i was actually meaning facial hair as it is rougher , and it may not have been anything to do with this , it could just be a very soft doll material that is very easy to cause this skin problem , i am hoping it is not a too soft skin problem that is sort of stretching the skin and causing a scraped blemish look ( i am totally guessing on this as i don't know ( but hey at least i admit it lol) . :wink: another thing that may be possible the doll skin against (at any time ) the bed material lightly scraping the skin when doll is moved around . again only guessing . don't know off hand if to soft a doll skin material would cause any scraping blemish effect when doll body is moved and stretched in positions.
i would advise you to inspect the doll all over see if theit is any other places , and keep an eye on the blemished area to see if it gets worse, also try to keep track of how you move the doll around and how its layed against bed material or even clothing material.
I powder her not too long ago, so the rest of the skin seems fine. facial hair would have scrape her face area more than anything, but it is ok... we repair the doll with permatex, to avoid any farther damage, the repair is almost invisible after powdering. I do love how easy to repair silicone is, it might seem expensive but it really is worth it.

Maviarab
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Maviarab »

I have a DS myself...I actually can't see how this can easily happen without there being a fault in the silicone....

gunsmithcat
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by gunsmithcat »

Maviarab wrote:I have a DS myself...I actually can't see how this can easily happen without there being a fault in the silicone....
Its possible that it could be something wrong with the silicone. Something maybe worth mentioning is that this is an exact area where some paint job was done on the doll... so who knows exactly what happen.

Maviarab
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Maviarab »

Paint job? Can you elaborate?

gunsmithcat
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by gunsmithcat »

Maviarab wrote:Paint job? Can you elaborate?
yeah so I think they air spray some areas to give the skin a more natural look. I think the belly button and like the hands have quite a bit of pink around. I tried to look at older pictures, but there is non that could show this area detailed enough, so I could be wrong as well, I'm unsure. A lot of the paint its being to peal or crack since time+use will definitely do that.

Maviarab
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Maviarab »

Right skin shading...gotya. Still doesn't explain the issues you have though...hmm...

INFORMATIONS