Starpery.com

question of prolonging the TPE from drying out

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
heywoodjw
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: question of prolonging the TPE from drying out

Post by heywoodjw »

I bought some Johnson's baby oil that has fragrance in it. Will this be okay to use?

Maviarab
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Maviarab »

That will be fine.

McPickle

Post by McPickle »

Mr Franz wrote:I just use regular baby oil.
How do you get dust off your doll? I had a microfibre cloth, but I am afraid of damaging my doll by rubbing too hard.
Irontech 150cm Victoria viewtopic.php?p=1525502#p1525502

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

McPickle wrote:
How do you get dust off your doll? I had a microfibre cloth, but I am afraid of damaging my doll by rubbing too hard.
If you use powder/cornstarch afterward, dust shouldn't be a problem. I use a regular wash cloth and an ordinary sponge to clean my doll and pat her dry with a regular towel. Light pressure is all it takes. Hand baby oil rubs I do every 3 or 4 months, lightly dusting with cornstarch once the oil's been absorbed. I also keep my dolls fully clothed most of the time.

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

Mr Franz wrote:
McPickle wrote:
If you use powder/cornstarch afterward, dust shouldn't be a problem. I use a regular wash cloth and an ordinary sponge to clean my doll and pat her dry with a regular towel. Light pressure is all it takes. Hand baby oil rubs I do every 3 or 4 months, lightly dusting with cornstarch once the oil's been absorbed. I also keep my dolls fully clothed most of the time.
Mr Franz has got it down. I do EXACTLY as he does with the oil wipe. Frequency of every 4 months. Only difference I wipe lightly with a mineral oil dampened sponge(s). Gets some of the gunk that soap and water may not get.
Stains do not occur leaving her dressed for extended periods. And TPE is just fine. no chalky drying out has occurred anywhere.

I concur with Mr. Franz!! :)

INFORMATIONS