Starpery.com

question of prolonging the TPE from drying out

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Dolllover2019

question of prolonging the TPE from drying out

Post by Dolllover2019 »

Right now I always have her wrapped up in the blanket which she came with mainly to keep dust off her. I wonder if that is good or bad as per TPE drying out. Or should I leave her uncovered so the TPE can breath, so to speak? I live in Cali and its pretty dry here. Any thoughts?

That Guy

Re: question of prolonging the TPE from drying out

Post by That Guy »

I'm with you too.... I wonder what is the best practice. I worry about not having air circulate around the doll... and wonder if I should cover the doll too. (to keep the dust off)

Dollarhyde
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Dollarhyde »

You can leave them covered in a blanket... One of my older none standing gals is in her blanket all the time with no issues. Just remember depending upon how long you leave them (like a year...) I suggest a good mineral oil rub down... :glou:
viewtopic.php?f=231&t=69369 NEWBIES WELCOME PAGE
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13267
"Dammit Jim I'm a doctor, not a doll maker!"

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

My TPE gal is kept fully clothed out in the open near 24/7. No ill effects after more than a year and a half. She's also cleaned, oiled and powdered as needed and her skin is just as supple as the day she arrived, if not more so.

Nord
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Nord »

Clothes don't seem to matter. I like to keep my doll either clothed or under covers most of the time as well, and she's 3½ years old now, no problem. I do treat her with mineral oil bi-monthly or so, but she's of an older TPE blend so she dries more quickly than new models.
Aio - Sanhui 160cm AIO "Nonoka"
Rei - WM 140cm D-cup #39 & #53
Nymph - DH168 80cm "Shiori"
Ku - DS Ex Lite 163cm "Kayla"
Elva & Alva - 6Ye 65cm #M5 "Mina"

Dolllover2019

Post by Dolllover2019 »

Bi-monthly oiling, wow, I am already dreading the day I have to give her her next shower.
Nord wrote:Clothes don't seem to matter. I like to keep my doll either clothed or under covers most of the time as well, and she's 3½ years old now, no problem. I do treat her with mineral oil bi-monthly or so, but she's of an older TPE blend so she dries more quickly than new models.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Shower? I just do standing sponge baths as needed! Quick and easy.

trees
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by trees »

What is a good mineral oil to use?

trees
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by trees »

Mr Franz wrote:I just use regular baby oil.
Awesome, I'll try it.
I've never put oil on it, only talc.
Oil sounds more fun.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

trees wrote:
Mr Franz wrote:I just use regular baby oil.
Awesome, I'll try it.
I've never put oil on it, only talc.
Oil sounds more fun.
Oh it is! Just wash and dry 1st before you apply it. Only takes a thin layer and be sure to wait for it to absorb fully before powdering. Can take several hours and she may still feel tacky. Powder will take care of that though. :wink:

Nord
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Nord »

trees wrote:What is a good mineral oil to use?
Johnsons babyoil is the most popular choice, and is available in many countries. Just make sure it is based on mineral oil and not the healthy eco stuff like coconut oil and such. I'd suggest no fragrance as well if you want to add perfume afterwards.
Aio - Sanhui 160cm AIO "Nonoka"
Rei - WM 140cm D-cup #39 & #53
Nymph - DH168 80cm "Shiori"
Ku - DS Ex Lite 163cm "Kayla"
Elva & Alva - 6Ye 65cm #M5 "Mina"

trees
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by trees »

Your all very helpful, the tips and advice are greatly appreciated.
I'll get baby oil and when I get a chance I'll try it out.
It does sound like hrs of fun.

Dolllover2019

Post by Dolllover2019 »

Yea Johnsons or similar product. I notice from time to time there are little nicks here are there, tiny small but noticeable protruding TPE or could be just flakes. Most times you can just dab a small amount of baby oil and cloth, gently wipe over it and it will disappear. Spot oiling I suppose. Then let dry and powder that area only. Don't over rub it , if it continues to stay there, leave it alone. Nothing is 100% perfect.

smallcat
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by smallcat »

If you really want to keep her pristine, you would need a room with no oxygen/sunlight and avg temps :)... while its a bit ridiculous lol approach but that would be proper.

I've had no issues with heavy blankets on my 2 dolls in bed 1sili/tpe. I never oiled any dolls over the year. I just keep them dusted before stickiness appears, i just dust them heavily with microfiber cloth with starch on it, gets done really quick, instead of annoying brush which can nip/slice her..Starch usually lasts a long time on them if you don't use them, if they are already over that oily stage. Only real annoying crappy issues dolls have, especially the soft kind is "abrasions" to their skin which removes that softness in which oil can't fix; my rational guess where my doll is getting her(tpe) abrasions from is from sitting on her ass all day and in bed, I don't move her carefully..Depending on type of blanket,bedding, if it causes abrasions or not.. And their clothes what they wear, how you remove and such.

Also I believe our facial skin oils(which we have a lot of)may cause these abrasions as well which removes that softness, instead makes those little "stubbles" to appear, I'm sure some of you guys noticed it if you look closely, depending on what spots of her skin, but im not 100%(more like 60%) certain on this.

My standing tpe dolls seem ok, I don't use them much. I cover my silicone/tpe standing dolls with a large light white scarfs, so they look nice, only their head is somewhat uncovered.

INFORMATIONS