Starpery.com

Should you clean the heads also?

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Ragamuffin
Apprentice
Apprentice

Should you clean the heads also?

Post by Ragamuffin »

First doll just arrived!! Even better than I hoped for. I’m following BCD Jeff’s newlywed guide for the first cleaning, oiling & powdering, but I’m not sure if I’m supposed to treat the head in the same manner or not.
Feels like it’s made of the same material, so I assume that it’s okay to wash/oil/powder, but before I go ruin this beautiful head, I thought I’d better ask.

Thanks

:lying:

adelea
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Should you clean the heads also?

Post by adelea »

Careful with oil on the head, it will remove all the makeup.

I've washed and powdered mine, but that is it.

I haven't oiled the body yet either, but when I do, I will do the head as well I think -- the factory makeup is long gone!

curiousswede
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by curiousswede »

Ragamuffin wrote:First doll just arrived!! Even better than I hoped for. I’m following BCD Jeff’s newlywed guide for the first cleaning, oiling & powdering, but I’m not sure if I’m supposed to treat the head in the same manner or not.
Feels like it’s made of the same material, so I assume that it’s okay to wash/oil/powder, but before I go ruin this beautiful head, I thought I’d better ask.

Thanks

:lying:
Makeup can disappear such as lipstick, rogue (if applied), eyeliner on her eyelids, or her eyebrows.

Make sure you do NOT come in contact with mouth, eyes or maybe even cheeks if makeup is applied there as it will be removed then.

It is made of same material and depending on where you bought your doll (from reputable vendor or not) it may smell more or less.

From what I understand though, you should not be needed to clean the face since it is not molded like the body and therefore do not have any chemical residues to remove (someone correct me if I am wrong here).

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

I just take a damp cloth to mine from time to time followed by a very, very light cornstarch dusting. That and the occasional spot clean with baby oil on the end of a Q-tip.

Dolllover2019

Post by Dolllover2019 »

Yea for the head just a damp cloth and tap in certain areas without makeup and the dome of the head. The head comes very clean, you don't want to ruin the makeup. I lightly powdered the dome of the head after its dried thats it. Dont mess with the face if the head comes new.
Mr Franz wrote:I just take a damp cloth to mine from time to time followed by a very, very light cornstarch dusting. That and the occasional spot clean with baby oil on the end of a Q-tip.

INFORMATIONS