Starpery.com

Doll storage questions

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Kvn_dvr
Active Poster
Active Poster

Doll storage questions

Post by Kvn_dvr »

Hello all,
I’m about to get my first doll and have been reading a little about proper storage and care. It seems like the recommended method is to hang from a neck hook to avoid flat spots and creasing. My household and home is not one where I’d be able to have a space dedicated to hanging storage. Has anyone come up with a more discreet mobile storage solution?
I was looking into a large pelican case or duffel with shaped foam inserts or cutouts but maybe someone has a better idea.

Kvn_dvr
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Doll storage questions

Post by Kvn_dvr »

I should add that I’ve seen some users with the bulky coffin looking flight casesx. Looking for something that will not draw attention and easier to transport. Something like rolling luggage. Some solutions I’ve thought of and the problems likely associated are:
Golf duffels might be too short.
Ski or snowboard duffels might be too slender,
Large pelican cases also draw attention in the size needed.
All may disform, crease, or damage the doll

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

Why not use the box she comes in, mod it with good memory foam and leave a "hole" for her butt.
So a thick layer of memory foam
On top of that, another but cut out hole for her tushy....
And a dolly...
No pun intended
Hannah, the IT BCD Girl

forty
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by forty »

Kvn_dvr wrote:Hello all,
I’m about to get my first doll and have been reading a little about proper storage and care. It seems like the recommended method is to hang from a neck hook to avoid flat spots and creasing. My household and home is not one where I’d be able to have a space dedicated to hanging storage. Has anyone come up with a more discreet mobile storage solution?
I was looking into a large pelican case or duffel with shaped foam inserts or cutouts but maybe someone has a better idea.
Depends on material. I had silicone doll wrapped in thick white cotton blanket, and she is fine year after year.
For TPE, I think those long aluminum military box are perfect (Best price for long stable boxes), with memory foam inside would do. Don't lose the blanket that doll comes with. you will want to cover the front, then add foam, as there is more color on the front you want add extra layer of protection.
hard cover gold bags work too.

Kvn_dvr
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Kvn_dvr »

Thanks for the info. In need of something easily mobile and not call attention. I live in a small condo with heavy foot traffic and will be needing to transport the doll in and out much more frequently than those who have homes with large closets and other storage. When I have guests, my place doesn’t have the space and a large box in the corner would likely raise questions at some point.

ildanach
Ex-Member

Post by ildanach »

I wonder .... is a box ( the box where it came in for example) really the only - or better - solution than this?
Caja Cameron
Caja Cameron
DSCN4523 - DSCN4525.jpg (103.46 KiB) Viewed 659 times
We ( that is my wife and me ) live at two places. A few months in Holland and the rest of the time in the south of France. we decided not to take my doll(s) every journey with us so we bought some spare ( sounds a bit funny, but it is like this)
When we are at the other place the dolls are hanging around like this when we are not there. ( picture above is France, Cameron and Caja)

In Holland, where the house is much smaller, is it like this
cherry1
cherry1
DSCN2143.JPG (149.99 KiB) Viewed 659 times
cherry2
cherry2
DSCN2145.JPG (156.61 KiB) Viewed 659 times
Isn't it possible to find some space to let your doll hang around? A box uses way more space I think.
Cherry, Cameron, Caja and Carrie. The four Dollqueteers

Dollarhyde
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Dollarhyde »

You can always use the box your doll came in or if you want to build something fancier for your gal just take the measurements from the box and build one out of 1/4 in ply with 2x2 corners and base for attaching. It will take you from cut to build 40 minutes and you can add locks, wheels, handles, whatever you heart desires and you can paint it whatever color you'd like. You could also use the same concept and build her a closet as well so you can hang her clothing.
viewtopic.php?f=231&t=69369 NEWBIES WELCOME PAGE
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13267
"Dammit Jim I'm a doctor, not a doll maker!"

INFORMATIONS