Starpery.com

Best stain remover for TPE?

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Argonaut
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Best stain remover for TPE?

Post by Argonaut »

Well I tried searching the forum and could not find an answer, so here we go. What is the best stain remover for a TPE doll?

And let me make this clear: I am not asking for stain prevention tips. I have a doll with dark stains and would like to make them go away. I would like to know what product will do that. That is the information I seek.
Always remember now, Sharing is Caring.

Mishka1965
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Best stain remover for TPE?

Post by Mishka1965 »

No problem - enjoy

Mishka

(Amazon.com) Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Cream
Photographer and Doll Enthusiast
2018-2021 Photographing for JIUSHENG-DOLL,6YE,SinoDoll
2022-2023 Photographer/Reviewer for Zelex, TAYU, MRD and IronTech

Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/Mishka_1965
Instagram Page:https://www.instagram.com/_mishka1965_/

Rock13
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Rock13 »

Mishka, thanks for the tip on the Neutrogena product, I'll get some! I've been using 0.10% benzoyl peroxide cream. It's a lot cheaper than the salve-type that I received with the doll. Rub it into the area and leave a coat on top, wait 12-24hrs. It's worked every time- even on those dark bluish-purple stains that frequently happen with black wig caps.
Hadleigh is a fair-skinned WM163C/#188, Harper (#124) is a medium toned WM164D, Kendall is a fair-skinned 163C/#398. All via RLSD.

Link to Hadleigh's photo thread

Link to Harper's photo thread

Link to Kendall's photo thread

Link to the H2K Ranch

forty
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by forty »

If the stain remover works, shouldn't we go dress-happy with the dolls, then remove the stain afterwards? I hate to get limited to a few colors for cloth, and like to leave the cloth on for long time.

Grubhed
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Grubhed »

Just be sure to test whatever you decide to use in some discrete location first. Bottom of foot or top of head under the wig. One of my dolls had a very bad reaction to benzoyl peroxide. The BP caused an even worse stain that could not be removed. :evil: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=110349
Grubhed
Missy JY150 link
Nomi SM150
Lana JY140

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

Argonaut,
If you have an SM doll, you best read about what has happened to them using products that worked just fine on Jinsan dolls.

Grubhed,
Thank you....
Love,
The BCD Girls
MEGAN
XIMENA
TAKARA
HANNAH
http://dolldesire.com/
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

Rock13
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Rock13 »

Grubhed wrote:Just be sure to test whatever you decide to use in some discrete location first. Bottom of foot or top of head under the wig. One of my dolls had a very bad reaction to benzoyl peroxide. The BP caused an even worse stain that could not be removed. :evil: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=110349
Grubhed
Wow. I haven't encountered that. I just rub it in, put a fresh coat over the top, then clean it off with a mild soap, oil the area, then powder.
Hadleigh is a fair-skinned WM163C/#188, Harper (#124) is a medium toned WM164D, Kendall is a fair-skinned 163C/#398. All via RLSD.

Link to Hadleigh's photo thread

Link to Harper's photo thread

Link to Kendall's photo thread

Link to the H2K Ranch

Argonaut
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Argonaut »

Mishka1965 wrote:No problem - enjoy

Mishka

(Amazon.com) Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Cream
Thanks. I work at a drugstore so I can get it discount tomorrow.
Grubhed wrote:Just be sure to test whatever you decide to use in some discrete location first. Bottom of foot or top of head under the wig. One of my dolls had a very bad reaction to benzoyl peroxide. The BP caused an even worse stain that could not be removed. :evil: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=110349
Grubhed
Thanks for the heads up.
Booty Call Dolls wrote:Argonaut,
If you have an SM doll, you best read about what has happened to them using products that worked just fine on Jinsan dolls.
Unfortunately I can't say I have the pleasure... yet.
Always remember now, Sharing is Caring.

Technician
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Technician »

Washing clothing in saltwater seems to lock the colors in and prevent bleeding. I've been dressing mine in black and red for photography and play time with no punishment.
I do not leave such things on more than a few hours.

lover1
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by lover1 »

Anyone tried activated carbon?

https://youtu.be/T-KLAG2nO4Y?t=74
No Faceapp please. I want to see dolls, not artificial smiles.

Bodies: WM 166C tan, WM 163C tan
Heads: YL Allura 193, YL 315, WM 336
Looking for great asian kisser face.

ChaseroftheSun
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ChaseroftheSun »

I haven’t read all these post yet but hands-down I’ve had amazing success with benzoyl peroxide 5%. I’ll put some on and then you have to just leave it and then apply some more daily for about three days and then the stain is completely gone! However afterwards I suggest a good sponge bath, then Vaseline and finally baby powder. And then good as new!
Attachments
889DC3A3-3451-45A3-815C-656C60A53CE0.jpeg
889DC3A3-3451-45A3-815C-656C60A53CE0.jpeg (34.17 KiB) Viewed 1901 times

scooter_ca
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by scooter_ca »

This post fixed up all my stain issues.
How To Remove TPE Stains in less than 10 seconds

Thanks,
scooter
With beautiful Daria and Giorgi.
Everything about Daria can be found in her NEW Photo Timeline: https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 1&t=117493
Everything about Giorgi can be found in her Photo Timeline: https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 64&t=96105
Doll Album: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14626

GoodTimes

Post by GoodTimes »

I used Arm & Hammer peroxide deep clean toothpaste for the lighter stains with very good results. Applied a liberal amount and left it on for a couple hours. Washed it off and then reapplied for about 6 hours. Washed it off and reapplied for 24 hours and the stain was gone. I would have just left it on originally for 24 hours but was uncertain of whether it would damage the TPE. It DID NOT work so well for deeper stains from the band of her dark hair wig, which I had left on for a few weeks. It may have worked with multiple applications but I didn't try that. Not a big deal for me as I prefer brunettes and she always has dark hair, so...

Technician
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Technician »

I had a couple of stains that came on her and rubbed mineral oil on the spots a few times. I guess the mineral oil broke them up and carried them inside but they're gone now.

INFORMATIONS