Starpery.com

Loose head fix?

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Sume
Active Poster
Active Poster

Loose head fix?

Post by Sume »

Hello,

I recently got a 145cm doll from SDG made by Irontech. I was wondering if I managed to fix the loose head issue. I noticed when I put on her head, that it would only tighten with her face facing her back. I didnt think that was right, so I was dealing with a loose head. I have not tried the Emma elf head I also have yet. Not sure if its something to do with the screw or not. I went and bought a washer after taking the screw with me, to make sure I got one that would fit. It seems to have worked. I am hoping the washer will hold her head in place and not flop all over.

Now to figure out how to keep the wig on. Thats kinda annoying every time I want to move her or try to make a pose. Not sure how to fix that one yet.

Maviarab
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Re: Loose head fix?

Post by Maviarab »

rubber washers usually work better than metal (in my experience)...having said that, a little ptfe tape (plumbers tape, the stretchy white stuff) wrapped around will also help.

as for the wig, are you using the internal clips correctly that tighten the wig up?

Sume
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Sume »

Um, is there a video or a tutorial for the wig? Its possibly that I did not do the internal clips right on the wig. This is my very first doll, and tomorrow I will have her for a week. So I am still learning things.

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Hi there, for fitting wigs you will find some useful video tutorials on youtube. The little hooks at the back are designed to clip onto the strip of material at the back of the wig too ensure the wig grips the head. Most factory supplied wigs will be a good fit but any brought elsewhere will need adjustment, probably as tight as it will go. Obviously the larger doll heads can take a normal wig better.

Sume
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Sume »

I think I found what I did wrong. I did use youtube like was suggested. I didnt have the clips tight enough. It might be possible to that, the doll head is smaller to. I know I was surprised just how tiny she really was when she came.

Maviarab
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Maviarab »

Glad to hear you found the problem. They help but only somehow so as yes dolls head are generally smaller than ours.

A solution around this is to either modify the wig crap (tutorials also on the tube) or spend a little money on a good quality wig where you have the option of ordering diff sizes. it's something we all live with though and find our own methods of what works for us :)

RJ357
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by RJ357 »

I just use a lock washer between head and body, seems to work fine for me, but different brands may vary.

DollLyfe

Post by DollLyfe »

I have the same issue with the head on my doll. When fully tightened, she is facing hard right which is unnatural. I tried plumbers tape but it didn't help. I like the idea of using rubber washers, I'm going to try that.
Alyson: 6YE Amor 162cm B-Cup #N13 viewtopic.php?f=87&t=119805
Veronica: 6YE Amor 162cm B-Cup #N68 https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 1&t=121630
Jennifer: Entity 153cm E-cup WM#85 head viewtopic.php?f=87&t=119363
Summer: SiliDoll 135cm https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 1#p1609591
Natsuki: SMDoll 149B #37 viewtopic.php?f=269&t=122576

Chuck Norris
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Chuck Norris »

DollLyfe wrote:I have the same issue with the head on my doll. When fully tightened, she is facing hard right which is unnatural. I tried plumbers tape but it didn't help. I like the idea of using rubber washers, I'm going to try that.
Put 2 or even 3 garden hose washer.

Fantastic Plastic
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Fantastic Plastic »

Like RJ357 said, Use a 16mm Stainless lock washer, our dolls we both have come with them.
Works like a champ.

But now for one of Fantastic Plastic’s original ideas, I never seen this mentioned here or elsewhere.
So it’s mine dammit! Lol!
But this is what you do the keep the head from rattling around on those loose threads on the neck bolt.

Wrap cloth bandage tape around the neck bolt, cut strips half the bolt length and wrap in the opposite direction so it doesn’t unwind threading while it on.
Usually only one layer is all that will fit and or be needed.

DollLyfe

Post by DollLyfe »

Chuck Norris wrote:
DollLyfe wrote:I have the same issue with the head on my doll. When fully tightened, she is facing hard right which is unnatural. I tried plumbers tape but it didn't help. I like the idea of using rubber washers, I'm going to try that.
Put 2 or even 3 garden hose washer.
Fortunately I have a pack of those washers and 1 did the trick!
Alyson: 6YE Amor 162cm B-Cup #N13 viewtopic.php?f=87&t=119805
Veronica: 6YE Amor 162cm B-Cup #N68 https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 1&t=121630
Jennifer: Entity 153cm E-cup WM#85 head viewtopic.php?f=87&t=119363
Summer: SiliDoll 135cm https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 1#p1609591
Natsuki: SMDoll 149B #37 viewtopic.php?f=269&t=122576

Chuck Norris
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Chuck Norris »

Great!

INFORMATIONS