Starpery.com

white ''stains'' after powdering

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
DavidG

white ''stains'' after powdering

Post by DavidG »

I just got my first doll and i washed and powdered her. But after powdering i noticed the powder stays on some places and stays white (maybe too much powder?), can i prevent this from happening? I tried brushing it off with a clean brush but it stays white. I use johnsons cornstarch with aloe.

tongue-O-matic
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: white ''stains'' after powdering

Post by tongue-O-matic »

Hi DavidG, I would wash her again with soft-soap or something similar, I lay her on a towel over my kitchen table and gently wash her with a sponge, then wipe off all of the excess soap with a wet towel. Then oil her with baby oil, wait at least 4 to 6 hours till all of the baby oil is absorbed, I usually let her sit overnight. Then powder her with babypowder or cornstarch, I use a huge makeup brush. I've never heard of cornstarch with aloe, no aloe needed, so just use the regular powder or cornstarch.

Here's a link from Jeff at BCD... https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 67&t=88389

Maviarab
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Maviarab »

Yeah it sounds like that area was not 100% dry before you powdered. Happens to all of us at some stage...nothing to worry about

Willendorph
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Willendorph »

As others said, it's probably that she just wasn't 100% dry when you powdered her. The other explanation could be some factory residue that's a little stubborn to get off mixing with the powder. Either way, another wash with plenty of time to dry should make a second powdering go better. A makeup brush is definitely the way to go for applying powder.

INFORMATIONS