Starpery.com

Fix For Rachael

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
ColColt
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Fix For Rachael

Post by ColColt »

I made mention of this problem earlier this month but thought I'd bring it up here in a more appropriate forum. Rachael(WM 158D) has a bit of a problem area at her groin on both sides but, her right side(camera left) seems a little worse. Not sure what to do it but it was brought up to use some TPE Solvent while someone else mentioned a low wattage soldering iron.

I'm undecided as to what would work best and be more permanent" if that's possible. I have no heat station but do have a Weller Soldering iron and the TPE Solvent. If either is good or is there a better solution? It looks like micro tears where the legs join the body. I noticed it while airing her out and drying her.
Attachments
_1DF6486a.jpg
_1DF6486a.jpg (897.54 KiB) Viewed 545 times

Maviarab
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Re: Fix For Rachael

Post by Maviarab »

I would personally add in more tpe. I would strongly advise against using the solvent there. Indigo's Cold Weld would be an option but I would nip in the bud in the first instance and just add melted tpe into the area and then smooth over.

ColColt
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ColColt »

I have some of his Solvent, would that work? I have no extra TPE to melt.

Maviarab
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Maviarab »

If you have some of Indigo's CW then it's certainly worth trying but that is more for actual cuts/tears etc. But using that certainly won't make it any worse which solvent most certainly will. Just be sure to follow Indigo's very detailed instructions.

As for extra TPE, many people (for such a small repair) often take a small piece out of the top of the neck where it will never been seen. I personally would just order a test sample piece from a vendor...but you have options in that regard.

INFORMATIONS