Starpery.com

TPE Powder?

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Gg0009
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

TPE Powder?

Post by Gg0009 »

Hi all

Will anyone be able to give me some advice
I bought this powder from a doll website, that says can make dolls' skin more smooth etc

Anyone know exactly how it work?
It is only a bottom of about 100g, am I suppose to apply all over the body in one use or only some part of the body?

Appreciate your reading in advance

Nord
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: TPE Powder?

Post by Nord »

I prefer to apply it with a big makeup brush to make it as even as possible. The difference in smoothness is like night and day. It will make the skin much less sticky which helps to prevent damage from friction, prevent dirt from sticking to the doll, makes clothing a lot easier, and makes the skin look less shiny/fake. Just remember that powder can get onto clothes as well, so if they are of more darker color it may look bad, but can easily be wiped clean again with a wet towel. Also darker skin colors may look dusty if you apply too much powder. In that case just keep brushing to make it even.

You probably payed way too much for that product though. Usually people just use cornstarch or babypowder from the local store. Babypowder is available with scent if you want, and is technically a bit safer against mold if talc-based. I have however always used cornstarch though and have never had any issues with it. Just don't use it inside cavities or possibly if the air in your home or storage has a high level of humidity.
Aio - Sanhui 160cm AIO "Nonoka"
Rei - WM 140cm D-cup #39 & #53
Nymph - DH168 80cm "Shiori"
Ku - DS Ex Lite 163cm "Kayla"
Elva & Alva - 6Ye 65cm #M5 "Mina"

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

I generally just use regular Argo brand cornstarch. I put a small amount in an old stocking and blot it on the body one section at a time, then smooth out evenly with a large make-up brush. Once finished, I tap out my brush and give the face a very light sweep, without adding any additional cornstarch. Remember, powdering is the very last step after washing and baby oil rubs (optional) and for best results, the doll needs to be absolutely, completely dry before proceeding. :wink:

Gg0009
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Gg0009 »

Nord wrote:I prefer to apply it with a big makeup brush to make it as even as possible. The difference in smoothness is like night and day. It will make the skin much less sticky which helps to prevent damage from friction, prevent dirt from sticking to the doll, makes clothing a lot easier, and makes the skin look less shiny/fake. Just remember that powder can get onto clothes as well, so if they are of more darker color it may look bad, but can easily be wiped clean again with a wet towel. Also darker skin colors may look dusty if you apply too much powder. In that case just keep brushing to make it even.

You probably payed way too much for that product though. Usually people just use cornstarch or babypowder from the local store. Babypowder is available with scent if you want, and is technically a bit safer against mold if talc-based. I have however always used cornstarch though and have never had any issues with it. Just don't use it inside cavities or possibly if the air in your home or storage has a high level of humidity.

Thanks a lot for your detailed suggestion!
If so; I probably just buy baby powder next time - Many doll-selling websites kept saying only their powder will do the trick.
A makeup brush sounds good too, a new field of knowledge to learn lol.
Thanks again!

Technician
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Technician »

I've been applying cornstarch (baking section at the supermarket) with my bare hands, I put a little too much on and then just pat her with my palm. With a little patting the excess just falls off and leaves a light even coating.

INFORMATIONS