Starpery.com

Shoepolish - boot cream use on TPE

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Shoepolish - boot cream use on TPE

Post by -Ragnar66- »

Just came to try black shoepolish (german product Centralin) on my dolls head, applying bits on the eyebrow area and see if it soaks in. :idea: Interestingly it does and thus could possibly be useful for bits of recoloring certain areas. Yet need to try on completely uncolored TPE area again. Anybody else tried that yet :?:

skinnygamer

Re: Shoepolish - boot cream use on TPE

Post by skinnygamer »

Haven't tried it myself but it seems like a good idea - but what's in it as far as chemicals that could destroy TPE?

Dollfriend
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: TPE Land, just a few miles east of Silicone Valley...

Post by Dollfriend »

Pretty Much anything will color (stain) TPE, the question is would you want to put your face or mouth in that area after you colored it, especially if you like kissing your TPE Doll, I would not want shoe polish in my face or the taste of shoe polish in my mouth...
:eeek:

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

Dollfriend wrote:Pretty Much anything will color (stain) TPE, the question is would you want to put your face or mouth in that area after you colored it, especially if you like kissing your TPE Doll, I would not want shoe polish in my face or the taste of shoe polish in my mouth...
:eeek:
Good point off course. Applied it on eyebrows and as sort of eyeliner (mixed with baby oil). Not my actual kissing areas fortunately. Smell is non existent. I just smell the usual slight a bit of the TPE, but even more so the chocolate taste/smell lipstick. Just tried to smear on the eyebrows, but it seems it fully soaked in since I applied.
skinnygamer wrote:Haven't tried it myself but it seems like a good idea - but what's in it as far as chemicals that could destroy TPE?
that would be the question. I really don´t know, thus I asked! :) At least it´s all mineral oil based and since I applied I can´t seem to notice any ill effects on the brows. No hardening, dissolving or anything else noticable. Might also depend on shoelaces brands maybe. The shoelace I applied is couple of years old already and just tried as I saw that stuff by chance again.

INFORMATIONS