Starpery.com

Stepped on a crack, broke her back

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Technician
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Stepped on a crack, broke her back

Post by Technician »

Cool picture, now that you know what it looks like can you feel it and see if it's the weld or bolt?
Guessing it's the weld at the bottom of the spine above the bolt.

Just1more

Post by Just1more »

Sorry seagull, that is a photo the factory sent me.
Cutting into her scares the hell outta me.
De-boning her?!!!
That's the stuff of nightmares!

Just1more

Post by Just1more »

@ Technician...
I haven't opened her up yet, and sadly, it looks like I won't be able to this weekend, (again).
Just getting buried at work and no time for play.
I'm REALLY hoping I can fix my girl.
At this point, I'm REALLY hoping I can get the time to try.
I think you're right though.
I think the upper weld gave.
I'm no engineer, but if I get her fixed, without it looking like her ass crack goes all the way to the back of her neck...
When able, I hope to post the surgery and GREAT results on TDF.

dolljack44
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by dolljack44 »

I have the same problem. Hips froze and attempt to flex them broke the back. I open up with 1.5 inch incision in back and found the break below the back joint. the weld ripped out of the inverted U hip tube. I was going to replace with a T junction made of plumbing fittings, but subsequent movement broke the now weaker U tube at the apex. I tried the heavy wire strands to at least hold the U tube hip joint together, and it worked a little, but then the wires started to come out of the tube. I didn't use the expansion screws. I removed the wires, rather then impaling myself at a bad moment. (Guess there are no really good moments to impale oneself). So then I tried to cut the broken apex off the U tube in order to replace the cross piece with !/2 inch water pipe nipples, L joints, and a T joint to go into the spine. This size pipe fits nicely into the tube, but only the straight portion, hence the attempt to cut the curve off. But... As stated elsewhere, these cheap skeletons have crappy welds, but are made of hardened steel I tried to drill a hole through the spine joint for attachment and got nowhere with the best drill bit I could buy at HD. I tried a hack saw, and small dremel with a cutting wheel, but got nowhere. I'll try my new, better dremel later, but I worry about heat generation down the tube, and TPE damage. May need a bigger TPE cut. In the meantime, I discovered I like the great flexibility and snuggle responsiveness, as well as the interesting new poses she can now do. So... I'm thinking of just stuffing terry cloth strips into the jagged breaks to protect the TPE and myself, and leaving her as is. Anything else seems like a long run for a short slide.

Also have ideas for a cheap and easy hand skeleton replacement for her, but that's another story. Best of Luck!

Technician
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Technician »

dolljack, did you take any pictures of the damage? I'm really surprised they used hardened steel, that could be the reason for poor weld penetration right there.

dolljack44
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by dolljack44 »

Technician wrote:dolljack, did you take any pictures of the damage? I'm really surprised they used hardened steel, that could be the reason for poor weld penetration right there.

I will take picture next time I go in for a cushion adjustment.

dolljack44
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by dolljack44 »

The weld tore out leaving a weld sized hole on the top of the inverted U tube, guessing 1x2 cm, resulting in a weakened tube that could not handle the torque from further leg movement. Wackamole catastrophic cascade. Next step will be penetration of the TPE, then penetration of me. Hence stuffing sharp edges with rags for a cushion. Homey don't do vagina dentata!

INFORMATIONS