Starpery.com

First-time doll owner with questions on cleaning

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
David8

First-time doll owner with questions on cleaning

Post by David8 »

Hello, all. My first TPE doll is on order, and while I wait, I've been researching how to handle her initial cleaning, with an eye towards adapting it into an ongoing maintenance regimen on a quarterly (3 month) basis. Here's my strategy thus far:

1. Carefully unbox
2. Give the head and body an oil bath (separately)
3. Clean the oil away with a soft cloth
4. Give the body a soapy shower
5. Separately clean the head with soapy water
6. Carefully dry both with a soft cloth
7. Powder the head and body separately
8. Dress her and have fun. 8)

I believe this will deal with the issue of leftover manufacturing stuff as well as cut down on the TPE smell.

So...questions:
1. Good procedure? Correct order? Are all steps necessary?
2. Is a 3 month maintenance schedule frequent enough? Too frequent?
3. What kind of oil, cloth, soap and powder are recommended, bearing in mind that I'm buying US brands?

Thanks and nice to join you. :D

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Re: First-time doll owner with questions on cleaning

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

Well, alot depends the brand you are getting.
One thing for sure no matter what strategy you use, do not wipe AREOLAS and EYE BROWS, pat them to help make up last longer.
And if there is a lot of CRAP embedded in he skin, there is a DARN GOOD REASON why a chemist has a particular order as far wash, oil and powder
Same thing in regards in why hydrogen peroxide is far better and safer than IA.
The best process is what works for you.
No need to take dolls to a bath tub or do a shower.
And of course, congrats on the new addition in your life.
V/r
Jeff
http://dolldesire.com/
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Hi there, no need to clean the head with baby oil unless your proficient at redoing the makeup as the oil will remove the factory applied makeup. I only clean my gals heads using a little baby oil on a makeup swab being careful to avoid makeup I want to remain and then after some months. When your gal arrives, certainly clean the body but the head should be fine.

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Arthur,
Great advice
Love,
Hannah
Attachments
DSCN1709.JPG
DSCN1709.JPG (1.59 MiB) Viewed 1825 times

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

My pleasure Hannah and if you ever need me to pop over and give you a clean just say the word! :D

kevinth1985
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by kevinth1985 »

I would add to not take your doll in the shower but give her a sponge bath. Too much risk of water getting in places it shouldn't. I put a few towels on my bed, lay Jenny on top of them and give her a gentle wash.
My best friend? My lover? My wifey? Jenny of course!

Jenny's Random adventures/thoughts: https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 3&t=114012

Rock13
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Rock13 »

Booty Call Dolls wrote:Arthur,
Great advice
Love,
Hannah
Man, the Hannah doll is just irresistibly beautiful- please refresh my memory on her 'make & model'. Hadleigh has been asking for a wing girl for Christmas and I think she's become bi-curious because every time she sees this doll her Mannequin Fan eyes bug out.
Hadleigh is a fair-skinned WM163C/#188, Harper (#124) is a medium toned WM164D, Kendall is a fair-skinned 163C/#398. All via RLSD.

Link to Hadleigh's photo thread

Link to Harper's photo thread

Link to Kendall's photo thread

Link to the H2K Ranch

Technician
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Technician »

It would really be best to message the manufacturer to get their recommended maintenance schedule.
Rumor is some of the new TPE isn't supposed to be oiled like early TPE.

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Rock13,
Hannah is an Iron tech 163 plus.
Jeff
Attachments
PIP.jpg
PIP.jpg (69.72 KiB) Viewed 1776 times

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

kevinth1985,
True that PLUS ORM training.
Metal bolts
Bathtub floor
SLIP HAZARD
Love,
Megan, The YL BCD Girl
Attachments
MEGAN in JL2.jpg
MEGAN in JL2.jpg (75.83 KiB) Viewed 1775 times

David8

Post by David8 »

Sorry for the late reply...only got a chance to drop back by tonight. :oops:
da_putzler wrote:This may help:
Thanks!
Booty Call Dolls wrote:do not wipe AREOLAS and EYE BROWS, pat them to help make up last longer.
Arthur1960 wrote:no need to clean the head with baby oil unless your proficient at redoing the makeup as the oil will remove the factory applied makeup
kevinth1985 wrote:give her a sponge bath. Too much risk of water getting in places it shouldn't.
Technician wrote:Rumor is some of the new TPE isn't supposed to be oiled like early TPE.
Noted. Thanks for the heads up. 8O

Revised process:
1. Carefully unbox
2. Give the body a sponge bath
3. Separately clean the head with soapy water
4. Carefully dry both with a soft cloth
5. Powder the head and body separately
6. Dress her and have fun. 8)

Planning to use plain Ivory soap and cornstarch to powder (allergic to talc).

Will save the oil for a later date, after following up with manufacturers recommendations.

V3n0m777
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by V3n0m777 »

Hey guys i got a question too u I will receive my beautiful girl in a week or two. I want to know if i can wash my doll like 2 or 3 time in a row and then apply the powder or I need to wash and powder and do it this way multiple times. Because many doll owner recommand to do that to remove all the chemical product.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

V3n0m777 wrote:Hey guys i got a question too u I will receive my beautiful girl in a week or two. I want to know if i can wash my doll like 2 or 3 time in a row and then apply the powder or I need to wash and powder and do it this way multiple times. Because many doll owner recommand to do that to remove all the chemical product.
I did something like that when I 1st got my doll. I washed her once the day after she arrived and again the next day. Ended up doing 3 more washings that same day before all the factory muck was off. Didn't powder her though until after the last wash, once she was thoroughly dry. As for washing, I do a standing sponge bath with a regular wash cloth and about a teaspoon of Dawn dish soap in a couple quarts of warm water. All it takes really. :wink:

V3n0m777
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by V3n0m777 »

Mr Franz wrote:
V3n0m777 wrote:Hey guys i got a question too u I will receive my beautiful girl in a week or two. I want to know if i can wash my doll like 2 or 3 time in a row and then apply the powder or I need to wash and powder and do it this way multiple times. Because many doll owner recommand to do that to remove all the chemical product.
I did something like that when I 1st got my doll. I washed her once the day after she arrived and again the next day. Ended up doing 3 more washings that same day before all the factory muck was off. Didn't powder her though until after the last wash, once she was thoroughly dry. As for washing, I do a standing sponge bath with a regular wash cloth and about a teaspoon of Dawn dish soap in a couple quarts of warm water. All it takes really. :wink:
Thank you for answer and your help it making things more clear for me i appreciate it a lot :)

INFORMATIONS