Starpery.com

So my doll has a blue stain on her legs...

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
prinzeugen
Apprentice
Apprentice

So my doll has a blue stain on her legs...

Post by prinzeugen »

So this happened a while ago, but I was wondering if there is any way possible to remove a stain from a WM TPE doll?

It came from when I dressed her up in some blue leggings. I honestly didn't think much of it at the time, but after a few hours and removing it later did I find that there was a blue tinge on the shin and knee areas. It's not severe, but it is quite noticeable.

Is there any hope of fixing this at all? I'm ready to accept the fact that it might be a lost cause - due to the fact that I should've tried something sooner due to inexperience, but I'm willing to try. Thanks in advance!

CF
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: So my doll has a blue stain on her legs...

Post by CF »

Staining is worrisome but fairly common. Please visit the repair and maintenance subforum at https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=7 - you'll find all you need to get your gal looking and feeling like herself again.
Viva la megaboobs!
*My juicy Cherry: viewtopic.php?t=154759
*Z-cup Moira: viewtopic.php?t=138543
*BBW Breanna: viewtopic.php?t=143116
*Yulia: viewtopic.php?t=122950
*Tina viewtopic.php?t=121819
*Aurora Jolie: viewtopic.php?t=106838
*World-famous Una Carha: viewtopic.php?t=93292

prinzeugen
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by prinzeugen »

CF wrote:Staining is worrisome but fairly common. Please visit the repair and maintenance subforum at https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=7 - you'll find all you need to get your gal looking and feeling like herself again.
Thanks so much! I will take a look and see if I can't find my answer somewhere in there.

CF
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by CF »

prinzeugen wrote:
CF wrote:Staining is worrisome but fairly common. Please visit the repair and maintenance subforum at https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=7 - you'll find all you need to get your gal looking and feeling like herself again.
Thanks so much! I will take a look and see if I can't find my answer somewhere in there.
Glad to help!

The Doll Forum is useful because of the free exchange of ideas, so please photograph/document your repairs, and post a follow-up comment so others can learn from you! :glou:
Viva la megaboobs!
*My juicy Cherry: viewtopic.php?t=154759
*Z-cup Moira: viewtopic.php?t=138543
*BBW Breanna: viewtopic.php?t=143116
*Yulia: viewtopic.php?t=122950
*Tina viewtopic.php?t=121819
*Aurora Jolie: viewtopic.php?t=106838
*World-famous Una Carha: viewtopic.php?t=93292

Flesh

Post by Flesh »

To avoid staining when buying new clothing:
Fill your washing machine on the hottest water setpoint. Then leave the clothing SOAK in there with soap for hours.
You will see the water color will change after being soaked for hours.
Then wash normally. Repeat 5-6-7-200 times until you deemed it is sufficient.
Clothing that you buy from Amazon that comes from China has a crazy amount of dye in it.
That is why you need to repeat the process of washing over and over and over and over and over lol!
As for the stain she got, it can be easily be removed, but like CF stated, post some pics. It will help

prinzeugen
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by prinzeugen »

Flesh wrote: Clothing that you buy from Amazon that comes from China has a crazy amount of dye in it.
That is why you need to repeat the process of washing over and over and over and over and over lol!
I'm back, sorry for being M.I.A. for a while; I got caught up in the game called life lol.

But yeah, that stain she got came from a stocking made in China.. now it makes a ton of sense. I went ahead and followed some tips from everything I could find, using a combination of toothpaste and little bits of mineral spirits. I managed to get a bunch of the staining out, but the concentrated amount that was on her knees is just a smidgen now - barely noticeable. Pretty happy with the result; even if it isn't perfect.

In the future, I'm definitely washing the crap out of clothes used. I got lucky this time for sure.
Attachments
IMG_0491.png
IMG_0491.png (10.41 MiB) Viewed 619 times

INFORMATIONS