Starpery.com

WORST fracture EVER!!! :cry:

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Sipmot1995
Apprentice
Apprentice

WORST fracture EVER!!! :cry:

Post by Sipmot1995 »

I had a sex doll for over a year and just this night as I was moving her, I heard a noise you never ever want to hear; a grinding noise from her spine along with irregular bending. This signaled something terrible; her spine broke off. I’m absolutely DEVASTATED because I’ve had a doll before who suffered the same fate. I tried EVERYTHING I could to reattach her spine, from brackets to super glue but they all failed, which resulted in me sadly discarding her. I haven’t attempted any repairs on the new doll yet but I have no faith in repairing it myself because I know I will make it worse due to my lack of sufficient knowledge on how to repair it effectively and the fact that I don’t have industrial grade tools to weld the spine back together. What am I gonna do!?!? Can someone help me??? Am I completely screwed? Or is there hope?

katiesBoyfriend
Doll Elder
Doll Elder
Location: Western spiral arm of the Milky Way galaxy, out near the outskirts of the Laniakea supercluster

Re: WORST fracture EVER!!! :cry:

Post by katiesBoyfriend »

Sipmot1995 wrote:I had a sex doll for over a year and just this night as I was moving her, I heard a noise you never ever want to hear; a grinding noise from her spine along with irregular bending. This signaled something terrible; her spine broke off. I’m absolutely DEVASTATED because I’ve had a doll before who suffered the same fate. I tried EVERYTHING I could to reattach her spine, from brackets to super glue but they all failed, which resulted in me sadly discarding her. I haven’t attempted any repairs on the new doll yet but I have no faith in repairing it myself because I know I will make it worse due to my lack of sufficient knowledge on how to repair it effectively and the fact that I don’t have industrial grade tools to weld the spine back together. What am I gonna do!?!? Can someone help me??? Am I completely screwed? Or is there hope?
It sounds like the only way to know what the damage is and what materials were used is to open her back and look at it.

I have a second-hand 4Woods with a similar problem. A few months after getting her, I heard grinding noises when I moved her.

I cut open her back and took a look. There's a PVC tee that attaches the shoulder and neck joints to the spine. The original was broken so that everything was separated. The only thing I could do to fix her was to replace the fitting, which was a messy job. My first attempt didn't last long and I'm evaluating the second replacement fitting.

All I had to work with were a few shop tools such as some files, a bench vise, and a power drill.
"A man has to be what he is, Joey. Can't break the mould. I tried it and it didn't work for me." Alan Ladd, Shane
"The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity." Harlan Ellison
"Dad says that anyone who can't use a slide rule is a cultural illiterate and should not be allowed to vote. Mine is a beauty--a K&E 20-inch Log-log Duplex Decitrig." Robert Heinlein

Average Joe
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Average Joe »

The first part of any repair is knowing what's broken. You'll need to make an incision, pull back the tpe and have a look. Post some pics and maybe I can help you with a solution.

WaffleAnomaly
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by WaffleAnomaly »

Just curious, on your old doll did you ever try JBWeld? I suspect it should work decent enough if the skeleton is metal. Might be an option if all else fails.

collector
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by collector »

Sorry to hear that.

I suspect it might be possible to 3d print some bracket/clamp in ABS to fit in there and repair the break, as stripping it enough to weld etc is just too destructive. You may be lucky to get away with just a scar.

Chuck Norris
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Chuck Norris »

Try to get your 5 post in so you can post pictures of the damage.
By what I am reading, it is sounding like a cheap knockoff doll or else you wouldnt discarded the first one.

If you want this forum to help you,then you need to help yourself first by being more active and being more specific about your doll origin.

LuckyCharms
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by LuckyCharms »

Worst case if you can't get the doll fixed you can always post it for sale here on the forum.

INFORMATIONS