Starpery.com

4Woods Repair Kit Component C

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
DollTaker

4Woods Repair Kit Component C

Post by DollTaker »

Hello,
I have a 4Woods doll that needs some repair using the included repair kit for it. However, the doll and repair kit were received back in 2016. Now one of the contents of the kit called “C: Primer liquid/adhesion enhancement in brown glass bottle” seems to have “dried up/hardened”.

Does anyone know how I can replace it?

PS: Instructions also state “4Woods recommends the best mix ratio of (A) 100 : (B)1”
Does that mean 100 drops of A and 1 drop of B ?!?

Thanks

siliconefun
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Re: 4Woods Repair Kit Component C

Post by siliconefun »

DollTaker wrote:Hello,
I have a 4Woods doll that needs some repair using the included repair kit for it. However, the doll and repair kit were received back in 2016. Now one of the contents of the kit called “C: Primer liquid/adhesion enhancement in brown glass bottle” seems to have “dried up/hardened”.

Does anyone know how I can replace it?

PS: Instructions also state “4Woods recommends the best mix ratio of (A) 100 : (B)1”
Does that mean 100 drops of A and 1 drop of B ?!?

Thanks
Hi DollTaker,

when your 4Woods repair kit dates back from 2016 it could still be usable when the consistency of bottle A, which is the pigmented silicone, is still flowable and not too sticky.
The mixing ratio provided in the English user manual, A (for silicone) 100 : B (for hardener) 1, is confusing. The French user manual recommends a ratio of 97% for A and 3% for B.

When you're mixing a small batch (soup spoon) best is to only add a half of a drop of hardener. When adding too much hardener your batch will start to cure before you can apply it.
It's very important to mix both components thoroughly before applying. I also recommend a 'test batch', when it cures successfully the repair kit is still usable.

Bottle C (silicone softener) is not really necessary while doing a repair job. Take a lint-free cloth dampened with Isoprophilic alcohol and clean the repair spots carefully. Let evaporate the solvent before applying the mixed batch and you will get a stable bond. That's it!

- SF -

INFORMATIONS