Starpery.com

The Worlds Greatest Dollstand....

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
stacy718
Photographer
Photographer

The Worlds Greatest Dollstand....

Post by stacy718 »

Hey All,

I think that this is the best doll stand ever. It is small and the dolls own weight supports the stand- it's friggin genious.

So......where the hell do I get one of these??? Or even build one?? Either way, I'd love to know some specifics, any input? Oh and somebody thought the Mechadoll version might be attached to the wall- I can assure you it is not, it is completely freestanding. I have to have one..... :evil:

thanks for any info.
*Stacy

The Abyss Version:

The Mechadoll Version:

dwhite601
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dwhite601 »

Hi Stacy,

Whatever stand you get, be sure it has a wide base. I had Vicca on her boxing stand less than 48 hours before San Diego had a medium sized earthquake. Her stand takes up a lot of floor space, but I never have to worry about her tipping over.

David
See my girls Image

Bill
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by Bill »

My stand can lift my doll out of a rolling chair and then you can roll her away on the stand to be parked anywhere the stand will fit. It is great for dressing the doll because I can spin her around.

http://66.228.125.58/gallery/stand

Thomas
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Thomas »

Stacy, do you have someone who can weld you a stand together, best of aluminium? Then I could make you a drawing for an even better stand.

welcool
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by welcool »

Thomas go ahead and make that drawing for us. I would like to see how it will look, since a Engineer had drawn it.

To weld is no problem, but to get that amount of metall will cost a much.

Will it be in Inch or cm?
Will that Stand be able to mount some wheels on?

Welcool

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

For about 150 dollars, you can get a heavy puching bag stand at a place that has extensive sporting goods. I've not tried this (I hardly get around to do anything anymore these days), but this has been mentioned before, and apparently they work.
<div>So long, and thanks for all the fish!<br>- Douglas Adams</div>

Poet
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Poet »

If fabricated better off with square stock (one inch) steel. Aluminum would do but not as strong (bolts will deform aluminum, holes for bolts get sloppy over time if there is any movement or tortion forces; etc.) & to have someone weld aluminum is not cheap Aluminum takes special welding, harder to do than steel BTW, thus it costs more to have welded & not all welders do it or can do it well.

Buying steel in one inch square would not cost much actually, high grade aluminum would probably cost more. Poet
<div><strong>I'll have to make my own Uschi Doll</strong></div><br />

stacy718
Photographer
Photographer

Post by stacy718 »

Thanks Guys!!!

I don't know of anybody who welds metal...but I am sure I can find someone.

I know about boxing stands and every other contraption used, they all work wonders...The only thing is, I am a minimalist and I really, really HATE clutter. I need a stand that has a minimalist/modern type of look to it. The smaller the better, I am partial to the stand that Mechadoll uses, because it appears I can make an improved version of that. I have to tell you, I plan on making something either way. I have many tools and I am super crafty (at least I think I am).

I still would love any suggestions though, and Thomas feel free to post anything you want to share with us. An engineer designed stand specifically made for dolls is great and needed too.

*Stacy

Mannequin

Post by Mannequin »

Bill -

I remember when you had first finished your roll-about dolly hoist ... pretty ingenious! Did you go from plans or just partial plans?

My question is if you have plans or quick drawings would you be willing to share them?

I looked at your pictures, but I thought I remembered some others that had a few "watch out for this" kinds of things on them... but maybe I'm just NUTZ... :wink:

In any case, your design looks great, is compact, and stores easily as well as providing stability for it intended purpose.
Mannequin

Thomas
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Thomas »

OK what do you think about this:

stacy718
Photographer
Photographer

Post by stacy718 »

OH MY GOSH !!!!!!! Thomas!!!!

That would be perfect it's beautiful!!!! Where can I get one???

Jeez you hit the nail right on the head....wow....Take a big whiff people, Thomas is the poo!!! I have to have that stand it is perfect for my home/lifestyle!!!!

Thanks Teddy bear :D
*Stacy

bluebudda

the thomas design stand

Post by bluebudda »

a minimalist designer stand!

i like it thomas... now can you figure out how to make that without welding and off the shelf hardware store parts?

as far as i can tell.. a heavy duty metal elbow, a long connecting pipe and a stand to set it in... $40?

welcool
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by welcool »

Thomas how thick must the metall be to hold the weight?
In the Picture the metall is been bend so that means it will lose of its stiffness.
How heavy must the ground plate be to hold the weight so dolly won´t fall down?

Welcool

Galatea

Post by Galatea »

Thomas, I must have one of these stands as well...
Devin's Gallery: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=10089

Wake me up when robot wives are cheap and effective.

Zarnon
Former Member

Post by Zarnon »

Very nice. I think there would be a market for a stand like this. I could use one.
Fall down 7 times, get up 8.

INFORMATIONS