Starpery.com

The Worlds Greatest Dollstand....

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Poet
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Poet »

Thomas, that pic shows a nice design, looks like one inch going to 3/4"? Adjustable looks like to me. That is so long as there is enough 'sleeve' or overlap between the two pieces for supprt. As for weight, 1 inch or 3/4 inch should hold any doll weight I would think. Bend does not really matter if it made properly it won't make a difference really. Thickness should be at least 3/8 inch tho. I would not do 1/8th or 3/16th...1/4 inch thick I would suggest as a minimum thickness.

The stand bottom should be wide & long enough to avoid tipping tho because if it tips it tips then it falls, the base needs to be at least 2 by 2 feet (In my opinion). Poet
<div><strong>I'll have to make my own Uschi Doll</strong></div><br />

stacy718
Photographer
Photographer

Post by stacy718 »

Thomas,

You big tease!!!! Please tell me where I can get this stand. I am obsessed with it!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Teddy Bear :D
*Stacy

Thomas
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Thomas »

OK, I remodeled the design a bit and did it this time in single parts so I can make manufacturing drawings of them:

Detail pictures are in my gallery.

Give me a bit time to get the drawings done and to find someone to make it for a decent price. I would prefer to make the whole thing out of polished stainless steel so there would be no risk of leaving rust stains on the floor.

Btw: the bends will actually make the steel harder if they are done right since bending will deform the metal grid and therefore make it stiffer.

mytime
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by mytime »

Hi All,

Thomas that stand looks great but I'am affraid that this is not rigid enough at the foot plate.
IMO there should be a /\ shaped reinforcement from the foot plate to the vertical part of the stand to avoid problems when dolly moves sidewards.
Ok I know that I've a pre weight doll... :lol:.

Further stainless steel is nice, and maybe best, but I wonder, powdercoat is a very good technique also today to avoid steel from going to rust. And beautifull too!

With Kind Regards

Mytime & Helen
One dream, one mission...

welcool
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by welcool »

Thomas

Will it be possible to mount wheels on each corner?

Like the one in this Picture.

Turnable Wheels

Welcool

Thomas
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Thomas »

You need much more weight than the 40 - 60 Kg / 80 - 130 lbs to bend a 6 mm / 1/4'' steel plate. All the stands I have seen so far are the pure overkill. This is for supporting a doll, not to pull an engine out of a car!

mytime
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by mytime »

Hi Thomas,

I agree on that if footplate is 6 mm or 1/4" thick that the stand does not need /\ at the base.
Such thick footplate can have the force that comes at the center of it due to the hanging doll.
On that image one can't see that such a thick foot plate is used.

W Kind Regards,

Mytime & Helen

Poet
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Poet »

U could just glue some carpet remnant sample to the bottom of the foot plate (underneath) & avoid the rust factor. Powder coating is good but not cheap to have done. If welded / made properly, that stand should hold with no more struts or 'V' shaped base alterations. Poet
<div><strong>I'll have to make my own Uschi Doll</strong></div><br />

mytime
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by mytime »

Hi Poet,

Adding something below the plate like 4 little rubber blocks or something like that on the corners of the plate maybe a good idea too.
If the floor is not exactly egal, which may take place in houses with wooden floors, the whole thing will suspend on the blocks, and thus will always stand very stable.

I agree on you that a steel stand is easyer to make and will probably give less trouble than an aluminium one...

Further for the people with not a lot force like Stacy and Mell (bad back)they should consider stands like the one Bill uses (look previous in this thread) or the one Boater has. Those can lift + move the doll for you! They can be made from a handtruck and an electric winch.

Mytime & Helen

Thomas
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Thomas »

I think for Stacy and many others the look is a very important point. A stand like Bill's is for sure more practical but you have not a stylish look. Also Stacy will have no trouble with getting the doll on and off the stand - if she can't handle her that will be than her husbands job I guess. :roll: 8)
Btw: Stacy's Taylor left yesterday and should arrive within the next days - if not today than Monday or Tuesday.

prometheus
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by prometheus »

Guys

Mark Maki had this item for sale with his Superbabe (he's an engineer)

It had metal casters for wheels welded to the frame. It used a common boat wench and nylon rope going through the metal tubing as a hoist. I got one long ago with my SB2000 and it STILL works. (I've had to replace the rope a time or two)

Prometheus/Chad Out

Thomas
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Thomas »

This stand and even more the one Matt offered in the past look too much like an execution device for my taste. 8O

TripleXTreasures

Post by TripleXTreasures »

Thomas,

Where are you at with the design, drawings, and manufacturing of this great looking stand.

We just received the newest addition to our family today (Barbara), and would really like to have one of these stands. Mia has already started complaining about, that Barbara's shipping crate is to big for there bedroom. If I could get one of those great looking stands or have it built from your drawings, I could then put Barbara's crate in storage.

We here at TripleXTreasures have also been discussing about taking Barbara to the Erotica LA 2006 show. Barbara would be modeling some of the clothing we are having made for the show. This stand would be down right great for that.

Remember we're in your neck of the woods by about 25 miles, and would really like to purchase one of the first stands. If you can provide drawings, I can have someone near me manufacture one.

Some keep us all posted.

TXT
Regards, Mia, Barbara, and TripleXTreasures

rentell
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by rentell »

Get one of these made as well, they help to make the centre of gravity correct.
Not sure but I think credit for this goes to Mahtek, but then I could be wrong.

larger image click the pic.

Sigmund
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Sigmund »

I am advised that the Argos chain of stores in Britain has a new folding version of their wall-mounted boxing punch bag stand. Price is about £30 GBP. Not as elegant or movable as the designs above though.
[url=http://www.freud.org.uk/][color=blue][u]My home[/u][/color][/url]

INFORMATIONS