Starpery.com

Repair question on Lorna

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Poet
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Repair question on Lorna

Post by Poet »

I discovered much to my surprise last week a small 'tear' on Lorna that I am not sure how to repair 8O . Inside her vagina at the bottom of the canal about 1 inch or less from the vaginal lips there is a small 'hole' / tear about 1/2 inch in diameter. This tunnels down about the same distance to either side (roughly). I am afraid it may proceed to the anal canal & open up a BIG problem in so far as repairs go.

This is somewhat disconcerting because frankly, I have only used Lorna for sex maybe once per week, probably not more than ten times since she arrived & always used plently of water based lubricant. I am thinking it was a pour imperfection, a bubble or something that just broke open, there appears to be no silicone or anything & it does not really feel like a tear. Given the location I do not see how I could have torn her in that area directly regardless.

So do I require 2 part or? I need to fill this up. It is not visible, like I said it is about 1/2 to 3/4 inch inside the vaginal location at the bottom of the canal directed toward the anal canal. Not sure how to approach this. I will need her laying on her back with some type of spreader just to get access to the area for repairs.

Thanks in advance. Poet
<div><strong>I'll have to make my own Uschi Doll</strong></div><br />

mahtek
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by mahtek »

Poet,

Regardless if it's a mold imperfection or a tear, the best recourse is to fix it before it goes catastrophic.

As this is a high stress area I would recommend a two procedure repair.

1. Clean area with soap and water then acetone. Scuff the inside of the wound. In this area, perhaps a small amount of clean sand rubbed in gently with a finger tip, then completely cleaned out. Next, put a small amount of 1 part adhesive into the wound. Not enough so that it fills or flows out of the wound after the spreaders are removed. Let cure.

2. Use softer 2 part to "top off" the wound.

This should give you the holding strength of 1 part adhesive with the softness of 2 part where it's needed most.

I've used a similar method on Phoebe, and it holds up well.

Mahtek & Phoebe & Penelope
All I ever wanted, all I ever needed is here, in my arms. Words are very unnecessary, they can only do harm.

rentell
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by rentell »

Poet,

Who better to advise ........... well done Mahtek.

One other thing to add, sometimes with tears in this area I have seen people advise a dowel or similar used to reform an opening but this operation is when the damage is quite bad.

Pygmalion2 has mentioned this method.

All success with the repair Poet.

pygmalion2
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by pygmalion2 »

I would use Mahtek's method. Use gravity so that the 2 part 'pools'
over the small tear. That is position your doll so the tear needing to be fixed is on the bottom. Cleaning is essential to get a good bond since this is a high stress area :oops: . For me I do not completely close the tear but leave a slight 1/16" crack. This allows the silicone to flow into and fill the entire tear again for a good bond. Leave a small pool of silicone over the area for a smooth finish. This will fix almost all tears in this internal area.

Mahtek's method takes only 15-30 min, making an internal mold from a dowel takes 10-20 hours spread over several days. Mark

Sith_Lord

Post by Sith_Lord »

You may want to see if Abyss can send you some 2 part without the accelerant since this area does see some stress from use. Plus you want this to be a soft silicone, and the repair 2 part may be a harder blend.

Color match won't be an issue here but softness sure will. If the doll can be situated to allow a fill, you won't need the accelerated stuff. Remember the repair 2 part has stannis octate added to reduce the cure time but it weakens the silicone considerably.

The doll should be left undisturbed for a few days to allow the silicone to fully cure. Typically tin based silicone is really only 90~95% cured after 24 hours. A true full cure takes about a week.

To be honest sanding is not required (in my experiance it does nothing) but through cleaning, soap first then acitone or naptha, is essential to a good bond. I would avoid use of the 1 part in this area because it's a very hard silicone. Your longfellow won't like it.
I suddenly realized I\'m living in a dollhouse!

mytime
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by mytime »

Hi Poet

I agree on Sith Lord, accelerated 2 part cures very fast (3-4 hrs).
I can imagine that the accelerator stuff is less strong than the non accelerated.
I like to repair with 2 part, but... I hear from a lot recources that the 1 part adhesive is stronger than the 2 part.
If its a tear, then I think the repair is best done with the 1 part, and cover it with 2 part from a repair kit.
If there is really the need to fill something (air bubble gap) then the repair IMO can't be done with 1 part because 1 part is glue, not a filler.
You need at best then the stronger non accelerated stuff which is the same as the whole doll is made from as Sith lord mentioned and do the wole repair with it, this needs only much longer curing (a week to get to full strength)
2 part can be smoothed out quite reasonable, if you take your time (see the picture of my breast repair.
Only try to avoid inclusion of air bubbles (i have still a small 2 mm big one in the breast repair pity enough.).
Best is to degass the silicone with vacuum if you have access to a vacuum pump>

mytime & helen
One dream, one mission...

Poet
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Poet »

Thanks all, I appreciate the feedback. I will see what can be dialed as to repairs as soon as I get on the stick & get goin with it. More later after I get some supplies here & ready to fix / repair. Poet

Poet
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Poet »

Well, OK, I am starting this repair with what I have, namely the Abyss 2-part kit. This is a 'cavity' albiet not a big one. I am going to post pics soon. Following Mahtek's method in general. I know that the Abyss regular silicone is strong. The cavity is maybe 3/8 inch deep. I have filled it but not all the way. I will let cure & top off with the 2-part.

I poured a timing sample of the ahdesive that is on the Bathroom counter on a 3x5 index card so I can assess cure rate. I did not fill all the way, there is room for the 2-part to top this off.

Softenss is not a huge issue as the offending pour imperfection is just slightly inside the vagina & as she lays down & so not a big concern. I can access this easily for the repair. I need to keep the legs spread however or the 'hole' with get squished & push the silicone adhesive back up & out of the cavity. So Lorna is on her back as I type this.

I was a little confused about what to do, since this is a 'filler' repair problem but I guess we'll see how it goes. THe 2-part will be applied this evening or tomorrow depending on how fast the silicone cures. More soon! Poet

Poet
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Poet »

Progress so far.

One pic of before repair, it is a little hard to see but the darker area is the 'hole' or cavity that requires filling.

After initial fill with abyss silicone adhesive, I did not top off but left a bit so I can next apply the 2-part adhesive, will do this tomorrow. This pic is a bit misleading as it looks like the 'hole' is rather large, this is because U cannot see the 'edge' of the top of the hole very well as it blends with the silicone inside the canal, the actual 'ledge' is only about 1/8 inch deep from the top, so not a large area to fill with the 2-part.

I used a flash light to illuminate this pic, I should have done the same for the first pic. Keep your fingers crossed that the remaining repair with the 2-part will be successful! Poet

Mr_Gasket
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Mr_Gasket »

I think Mahtek's process will be the strongest for this fill, BTW this is the same method recommended to me by Britti_Lover a while back for repairs in this area. I would let the 1-part cure for a FULL 24 HOURS before attempting anything else. Let us know how the results look, I bet you're anxious to "test out" your repaired area soon! :oops: :twisted:
"Very funny, Scotty, now beam down my clothes."

<a target="_blank" href="http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=10294">See more of my special girls</a>

Britti_Lover
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Britti_Lover »

8)
Glue tinted the color of the vagina would work perfect for this.

That's how I fixed this area on my dolls.

:wink:

Poet
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Poet »

8) Repair is done. I think I might have put a bit too much catalyst in the tint mix however, we'll see how it holds. If the 2-part fails I will simply do that part again. The silicone adhesive underneath is not going to fail I am pretty sure of that, so regardless, should be OK. Poet

INFORMATIONS