Starpery.com

Something badly happend today.

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
DaveC
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by DaveC »

Hi Welcool,

I’m very sorry to hear such bad news. As Mannequin says, at least your post will serve as a warning to others who use the ceiling as a support for their dolls. I have an eye-bolt in a couple of my rooms for Claire Marie. They are screwed directly into the wooden ceiling joists, to a depth of 3 inches (76mm). I tested each one with my own weight before I hung Claire from them. It is usually recommended that lifting devices should be tested to at least double the weight they are expected to carry. Perhaps you could try using bags of sand with a total weight of 90 Kg. If you are serious about using an adhesive to fix the hook, I would recommend hanging a 90 Kg weight from the hook for at least 48 hours as some adhesives will initially appear to be OK, but will slowly shear over a period of time, leading to fracture.

Good luck with the repairs to your girls. As the other guys have said, there is a wealth of information on this Forum, especially from Everhard, Mahtek and Achilles to name but three. I’m sure you’ll have them looking as lovely as ever very soon.

Regards,

Dave.

Ronny

Post by Ronny »

Hi Welcool,

I'm so sorry to hear about this awful accident. And to think that it happened as you were sharing your photos with us makes it even worse somehow. Andie and Summer are such beautiful dolls, this must be an absolute nightmare for you! :cry:

The photos are very nice, by the way - not that that is going to be much of a comfort right now.

Best of luck with the repairs!

Ronny
[url=http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=10262]Anya's and Nina's albums[/url]

In the meadow of sinful thoughts, every flower's a perfect one [i]- Nightwish, She Is My Sin[/i]

Elle
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Elle »

I read this topic with late, but want to share your pain Welcool. It's a very dramatic accident !
Dont use glue (special or not) to repair your hook as said by Rentell, use a arc welder. And as said by DaveC, try the hook with the double weight it'll need to support. We all may test our hook every time we hang her to it.
Iam sure you'll soon receive your repair kit and do a perfect surgery on your doll.
Give some news
Elle's spokesman
__________________ ALL DOLLS ARE WELCOME... SUBMIT YOUR DOLL TO THE MATRIX __________________ My Website
ImageImage

INFORMATIONS