Starpery.com

Wig problem and make up

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Sabrina
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Wig problem and make up

Post by Sabrina »

I have search for hours here on how to restyle a wig.

Couldnt here be a special little space for wigs and make up?
Or if posts have special search words included making them easier to search for.

I bought some wigs and I am very disappointed (as usual with most thing I buy) the wig (human hair) is not the same style as on pictures.

But how to explain .... there is a front band (cap) for the forehead.
The hair is pressed upwards slightly backward as much as this front band of the wig is twisted out from forehead and this band is fully visable.

Maybe they have used hot air and it has been too hot for the material in the cap.

No hair is hanging down in front of face and no long slings hanging down on both side as in pictures.

I want the hair to cover the front of the cap and one or two slings hanging down close or in front of each eyes.
The hair is too much away from the face.

It seems to be impossible to change the style for this wig.

Maybe I do not adjust the size of wig correctly.

I also need some hints on make up. What type of make up can be used for a dollface?

Trying again: my wig looks like a big U upside down but on the picture the wig looks like a V up side down.
Not only like an U,its a wide U.

Keithallen
Ex-Member

Post by Keithallen »

I don't know anything about styling wigs, other than how to make a braid...

For makeup, I've found the powdered makeup is best. It comes in all kinds of colors, and if you screw up, it's easily washed off. The only exception is for eyelashes. I use an eyelash brush for Nicky, and it works great.

Stacy makes permanent makeup by grinding up the powdered makeup and mixiging it with clear RTV. I tried this method to re-color Nicky's nipples. Warning here, the makeup will look a bit darker on the doll, and once it's on, it IS permanent!!

Sabrina
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Sabrina »

Thanks keithallen but .......

What is RTV?

deafleopard
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by deafleopard »

if the wig is human hair, then just wash it and then combe it as you won't it, let it dry over night and then combe it out again this should fix it
hope this help's

larryb22
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by larryb22 »

If you want the forehead covered a little, you need a wig with bangs. All the wigs I bought were with bangs. One has detachable bangs.
Larry

Keithallen
Ex-Member

Post by Keithallen »

RTV is silicone you but at the hardware store. Get the clear kind - it works for repairs, and sticks well to silicone dolls.

Sabrina
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Sabrina »

Thanks for the replies.
I will try to wash the wig but I dont think it will help. The style is permanent.

If I buy a wig I expect the hair to cover the cap. This wig has a visable cap in the forehead.
What is bangs? The one I call slings? They barely cover the cap. Its difficult to cover cap so the skin on the head is not visable.

It is a Sepia wig and they claim it is a high quality wig.

The hair style I think will not change only by washing the wig as the style should be permanent. I think I must do something more than just wash it.

The wig is multi coloured and these slings/ bangs or what it is called have different colours.
These is one layer only and placed edge to edge so if a sling is not hanging staight down the cap and the skin of head is visable.

On a human with natural hair under the wig this will not be any problem.
This wig is too thin to use on a doll without natural hair under.

My other wigs have much thicker hair ..... more hair, not thicker.

Wowwigs do not accept any complaints, refuse replacement and have no support.They can change the wig for an extra fee but I must pay shiping.

Sabrina
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Sabrina »

keithallen wrote:RTV is silicone you but at the hardware store. Get the clear kind - it works for repairs, and sticks well to silicone dolls.
Thanks, do you know how to apply silicone in layers?
Is there a silicon that can be used as a spray-on-silicone? Like latex.

I know the silicone for sealing can be putted on in very thin layers as I have done that but I cant do it very exactly were I want it.
So using different colours it will be difficult.

But now I think I am out of subject.

BTW I have foamies. I need to cover the face with a very thin layer of latex or maybe silicone before using any make up.
At least I think so.

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

Sabrina wrote:The style is permanent.
Hmm, what I have learned about wigs, is that only the synthetic wigs have an almost permanent style.

Human hair wigs don't really have a permanent style, the buyer needs to create that. Same like real hair, that's attached to the skull, it won't have a style unless you style it.

Maybe you can post a pic of the wig you have, so we can see with our own eyes.
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

lovrmakr1

Post by lovrmakr1 »

Can do about anything with human hair wig(color,cut,curl, style etc providing it is real hair).Take it to the salon or Gently wash n condition with super mild shampoo as no body oils to cut and a conditioner of both you like the smell of.Warm water might relax the front piece so it will lay down. detangle carfully and apply a clean non sticky when dry styling gell while damp to help hold (untill dry) the style you make while on head,then leave air dry for a couple of hours(a blow dryer may frizz it out),hand fluff or comb as desired when dry,woo hoo a new doo.

Sabrina
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Sabrina »

Thanks a lot.
I didnt want to wash for a start as I dont know if its up to me to style it or not. But I think all new wigs need a wash so I will start with that I try the simplest way to style it.

Sorry cant post any pics but I posted a link to the wig on wowwigs site.

Posting pics now, 3 so far new Harumi.
http://www.dollforum.com/modules.php?na ... album=1017

INFORMATIONS