Starpery.com

Orient CG Light - Right Arm Damage

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
fanboy_1974
Active Poster
Active Poster

Orient CG Light - Right Arm Damage

Post by fanboy_1974 »

I have had Aya for about a month now. I usually put her back in her box at the end of the day. She has removable vinyl arms and legs. I've always noticed that her right arm was a bit more difficult to remove than her left.

Turns out the joint that connects her arm to the torso is sort of glued into place. As you can see, there is a bit of foam still glued to the gray plastic peice that came out. I tore the foam when I pulled on the arm.

Fortunately for me, this seems to be a relatively simple repair and not nearly as dire as damage to silicone.

I'm planning on using some sort of all purpose adhesive (like Gorilla Glue) to keep the gray plastic piece inside the vinyl arm but I figure I would bounce my plan off you all and see if you had some advice. Like I said, it seems like a simple fix, but it doesn't hurt to ask.
<a href="http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=10447">Aya, Orient CG Jewel Light</a>

Stef
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Stef »

It sucks but as you said it's not really a big problem, just make sure the glue is compatible with vinyl !

Otherwise i don't know if it's possible to readjust the connector system to make it less tight to avoid this next time.

I never had this problem but i don't remove the arms very often, however when i do i don't pull them on, i simply open her arms to the back until they pop out.

lovingchanj
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by lovingchanj »

Good point about arm removal Stef. It is a question I have also pondered especially when dressing and undressing Syuri. I try to never remove her arms or legs. It just seems to me that the less the better.

lovingchanj
The more I understand, the less I know.

INFORMATIONS